Michael Gallup is legit

waldoputty

Reaction score
The difference between Ridley and Gallup was very small considering 1st vs 3rd round.

If I knew they could get Gallup in the 3rd, there is no possibility I would have wanted Ridley in the 1st.

It's like Coke vs Pepsi but one costs $20 and the other costs $2.

but pepsi has negative value

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
but pepsi has negative value

I dislike Pepsi.

Waitress or person a Taco Bueno:
What do you want to drink?

Me: Coke.

Waitress: We only have Pepsi.

Me: Do you have Dr. Pepper?

Waitress in Iowa: No.

Waitress (other locations): Yes.

Me: You said you only have Pepsi.

Waitress: o_O

Me: Just kidding. I'll tip extra. Don't spit in my non-Pepsi, non-Coke beverage.

Waitress: ;)

Me: I'm new to the area. Can you meet me after work?

Waitress: OK, my number is 555-867-5309.

Me: I got it. I got it.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I dislike Pepsi.

Waitress or person a Taco Bueno:
What do you want to drink?

Me: Coke.

Waitress: We only have Pepsi.

Me: Do you have Dr. Pepper?

Waitress in Iowa: No.

Waitress (other locations): Yes.

Me: You said you only have Pepsi.

Waitress: o_O

Me: Just kidding. I'll tip extra. Don't spit in my non-Pepsi, non-Coke beverage.

Waitress: ;)

Me: I'm new to the area. Can you meet me after work?

Waitress: OK, my number is 555-867-5309.

Me: I got it. I got it.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
x makes friends !!!
u could instead say "spitting in my food is an indirect kiss" ;)
@daboyzruleperiod @dallasdave @Ranching @Trouty - dont u guys agree?

jrumann59

Reaction score
In the past he played only the slot, but this season he's doing everything and was the most impressive wr in camp up until his hamstring issue.

Lets be real Beasley is out of his depth 20 yards past the LOS, he is quick but not fast, he short so all he will be doing on deep routes is watching the play.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lets be real Beasley is out of his depth 20 yards past the LOS, he is quick but not fast, he short so all he will be doing on deep routes is watching the play.
Yes, but they need to mix up his routes to make it more difficult for DBs to defend the stuff he is good at.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Gallup has looked like our best pick so far. Too bad Cedric Wilson is our for the year. I believe he was doing good until he got injured too.

Good for the team, if bad for Cedric.

We'll keep his rights for next year when WR isn't so crowded.

Between Lal and McClay, we did good with the WRs this year. I don't see stars, but I like the depth a lot. With Gallup maybe heading to be a day one starter, we've hit where it really counted too.

Very surprising to me, I'm even wondering if we'll want to keep Williams. Sounds like he is having a real good camp too.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
That catch was pass interference by him, but he was a good scoop in the 3rd.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Yes, but they need to mix up his routes to make it more difficult for DBs to defend the stuff he is good at.
I get that but if you are no threat teams can defend everyone else differently

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Steve Smith was only 5-9. You don't have to be that tall if you can get separation. Which Beasley can do better than most WRs. Teams will find that the horizontal bracket coverage that kept Beasley in check last year no longer works when Beasley starts turning the route upfield.

He'll beat them off the cut, and beat them downfield for the first 20 yards after the cut. A 20-25 yard pass in the air is plenty deep, and will plenty hurt defenses.

The horizontal game we played with Beasley limited him. Teams will have a much bigger problem with him when he can cut in any direction.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Steve Smith was only 5-9. You don't have to be that tall if you can get separation.
Steve Smith was also very aggressive, physical, thicker, and a lot stronger than Beasley could ever be. Beasley was easily taken out of plays when DBs were physical with him. You couldn't do that to Steve Smith. Not a good comparison IMO.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Maybe trade Beasley and use Hurns in the slot.

Or Austin in the slot.

But Beasley is a reliable target for Dak, and one he has history with. Most reliable tagert for 3rd down, with is extra important with Witten gone.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get that but if you are no threat teams can defend everyone else differently

It would be good if he could occasionally catch a pass on other routes. That would limit them from sitting on his normal short routes.

I would not want to see him run a large number of deeper routes.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Steve Smith was also very aggressive, physical, thicker, and a lot stronger than Beasley could ever be. Beasley was easily taken out of plays when DBs were physical with him. You couldn't do that to Steve Smith. Not a good comparison IMO.

The issue was the problem for a short player taking balls downfield. Once your past 5 yards, they can't muscle you anymore. If you have separation, you're open.

As for getting muscled at the LOS, I welcome DBs who try that on Beasley. Sure, it will work sometimes. But when it doesn't work Beasley will have 5 yards of separation in the blink of an eye.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Steve Smith was only 5-9. You don't have to be that tall if you can get separation. Which Beasley can do better than most WRs. Teams will find that the horizontal bracket coverage that kept Beasley in check last year no longer works when Beasley starts turning the route upfield.

He'll beat them off the cut, and beat them downfield for the first 20 yards after the cut. A 20-25 yard pass in the air is plenty deep, and will plenty hurt defenses.

The horizontal game we played with Beasley limited him. Teams will have a much bigger problem with him when he can cut in any direction.
Steve Smith was also faster by a 0.1 in the 40 yard dash, I know a stupid number but it is what we have.

jrumann59

Reaction score
It would be good if he could occasionally catch a pass on other routes. That would limit them from sitting on his normal short routes.

I just remember last year when they tried that he looked completely lost looking for the ball.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

The point should be to make DBs defend Beasley in *all* directions. Keeping Beasley in a horizontal short game made the horizontal bracket coverage work.

Letting him work upfield would then open up the comeback routes too. And give him space for them.