News: Michael Gallup Talks Contract

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Ever heard or renegotiations or contract extensions.

Did you miss how the Cowboys reworked Tyrons, Zack and LaEl contracts to free up $$$

Stop buying this nonsense

Great GMs and owners aren't hamstrung by the Cap Hell myth
Cap Hell myth yes but given that Gallup will need probably 15-20 million and there will be other needs, you’re looking at needing to free up 30-40 mil. That’s hard to do.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You would have to ask him.
I'm asking you since you said the Cowboys need to sign him before the season starts. I Don't need to ask because I know the answer. Its the same reason Amari, Lawrence and Dak didnt' sign early. Because there's more money at the end of the tunnel.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ever heard or renegotiations or contract extensions.

Did you miss how the Cowboys reworked Tyrons, Zack and LaEl contracts to free up $$$

Stop buying this nonsense

Great GMs and owners aren't hamstrung by the Cap Hell myth
I'm still waiting for the Eagles to have to sell their team because of all their cap hell...they are signing guys every week somehow. Fans need to to stop fearing cap hell.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm asking you since you said the Cowboys need to sign him before the season starts. I Don't need to ask because I know the answer. Its the same reason Amari, Lawrence and Dak didnt' sign early. Because there's more money at the end of the tunnel.

Why would he want to sign early?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Thats exactly why they need to try to sign him before the season is over.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Yes, I agree.

If we could find a trading partner before the trade deadline for Amari Cooper, the Cowboys could get Cooper's $20 million/year contract off of their shoulders, thus be able to resign and keep the younger, more durable and very productive Michael Gallup.

Our WR Corp would then look like:

WR1: CeeDee
WR2: Gallup
WR3: Wilson
WR4: Brown
WR5: Fehoko
WR6: Vasher

One of the issues with that is who’s got 20m in free spending money saved up that late in the season? One of the reasons Julio went for so little is because everyone has set their teams and their caps, even Tennessee had to do some back door accounting to make it work

Maybe someone can do it, but would you get full value if it takes financial gymnastics? May be best to wait until after the season

dsturgeon

Reaction score
One of the issues with that is who’s got 20m in free spending money saved up that late in the season? One of the reasons Julio went for so little is because everyone has set their teams and their caps, even Tennessee had to do some back door accounting to make it work

Maybe someone can do it, but would you get full value if it takes financial gymnastics? May be best to wait until after the season

Julio is old. I wouldn't have payed him and given picks for him. The titans got hosed.

picks should equal longevity.

Amari's deal was really good

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Julio is old. I wouldn't have payed him and given picks for him. The titans got hosed.

picks should equal longevity.

Amari's deal was really good

Agree to disagree on that one. You trade picks for value, longevity or not

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Right but i'm asking why would Gallup sign that deal lol?

Not sure why you keep asking me. My comment was about the Cowboys should try to sign him before other teams get a chance to bid. If I was him and I wanted more money, I would wait.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not sure why you keep asking me. My comment was about the Cowboys should try to sign him before other teams get a chance to bid. If I was him and I wanted more money, I would wait.
Oh ok. Yeah i'm pretty sure the Cowboys have been trying to sign him. They try to sign all of their good players early.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Good point.