News: Michael Gallup Talks Contract

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Doubt someone throws $18M at Gallup. If Dallas puts him in the $10-$12M/year average I think he re-ups with Dallas and allows Dallas to try and trade Cooper.

I would love to see that. Dallas should do that before the season ends if they want any kind of discount.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doubt someone throws $18M at Gallup. If Dallas puts him in the $10-$12M/year average I think he re-ups with Dallas and allows Dallas to try and trade Cooper.
Cooper's contract would make that a challenge unless the Cowboys are willing to take a 3rd or lower just to get the contract off the books.

They have to decide what's the future with these 3 WR's because they cannot keep all 3 so they either trade Gallup before the second weekend in November or he settles it by leaving. I do not see them trading Lamb although he would bring the best haul.

And it's not about just the best stats but which combination of WR's makes the offense go. Which one is most likely to draw doubles and open up the rest of the offense?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Training camp isn't even here and we are already talking about making trades at the deadline? LMAO.

You don't go into the season thinking you are going to trade Cooper or Gallup. you go into the season thinking you have the best trio of WR's in the league and you get everything you can out of them on the field and hope that translates to a division title and a playoff run. Now, if Dallas is sitting there at 2-6 at the halfway point, then yeah, see if you can flip Cooper or Gallup for some picks.

You talk as if we can't do two things at once. The roster is always churning 365/24/7. We have to always be open to the idea that anyone on the roster could be subject to a business deal and thus be gone in an instance. That is the perspective of the front office. At the same time, the football operations go into this season with a sense of inventory of all its weapons on offense, Cooper and Gallup included. Hopefully, the coaches get everything out of them and that adds up to a championship. Mid-season trades happen and it's not always after a downturn in the season.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
yeah this is most likely his last season in Dallas. He's been solid for us, but this will be his chance to cash in and you can't blame him for doing exactly that.
Nah. Think positive buttercup. The Jones boys may just tag him or give him a long term lucrative deal in 2022. One never knows.

I'm sure they realize having a talented second-read WR to line up on the outside of the formation has proven to be a very powerful asset in recent years across the NFL. Gallup & Coop proved they can be just as much of a threat in 2019 when both eclipsed 1,100 receiving yards. BOOM!

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Simi Fehoko could have something to do with Gallup staying. Hopefully the cowboys could get a deal with gallup, but if not, maybe this guy can step up or wilson. Might be smart to save some money for defensive guys

Qcard

Reaction score
Well, this is all great and all but so what? What does this interview have to do with the question I asked? You have x amount available for your cap, each year. You must spend x amount of cap, each year. What does that mean to you? Let me just break it down, you have a limited amount of money you can spend towards players salaries. That's it, that's the bottom line. There is no more, no less. If you are paying x amount out to a given player or position group, then that amount is accounted for against the cap year. You have that much less to spend on other player contracts in any given year. The team decided to pay Dak what they are paying him. There is no longer an excuse. While I think it was utterly stupid to do that, it makes no difference now. It won't be an excuse given by Jerry or Stephen, as to why they can or can't pay another player. It is dollars and cents available to do so. This is the price paid for doing what we did with Dak. You were all for it so don't go trying to lay it off on the team for not paying other players now. It's not like a lot of people didn't voice this concern. You knew full well what might happen if we overpaid for Dak. Don't even try to pass off the market value BS. You got what you wanted and this is what that means.
Yes, I got what I wanted, that is, a Market Value contract for Dak whom performed and was deserving.

It is your opinion that Dak was overpaid. So your mindset is predisposed to assuming we can't maneuver the cap $$ and sign Michael Gallup to a Market Value Contract for No.2 WR. It can been DONE by smart owners and GMs..sadly COO Stephen Jones has the sheep believing in cap restraints.

Don't try and pass off your Cap Hell BS because you didn't get what you wanted.

I know your posting history....you been wrong on Dak, Dak's contract and thinking cheap 711 coffee isn't a lure for tobacco products :laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Simi Fehoko could have something to do with Gallup staying. Hopefully the cowboys could get a deal with gallup, but if not, maybe this guy can step up or wilson. Might be smart to save some money for defensive guys
I don't think this team has any intention on spending money on defense.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yes, I got what I wanted, that is, a Market Value contract for Dak whom performed and was deserving.

It is your opinion that Dak was overpaid. So you mindset I'd predisposed to assuming we can't maneuver the cap $$ and sign Michael Gallup to a Market Value Contract for No.2 WR. It can been..sadly COO Stephen Jones has the sheep believing in cap restraints.

Don't try and pass off your Cap Hell BS because you didn't get what you wanted.

I know your posting history....you been wrong on Dak, Dak's contract and thinking cheap 711 coffee isn't a lure for tobacco products :laugh:

Yes, it is my opinion that we are paying too much, percentage wise, to one player. See, you say you know my posting history but I'm not convinced you know your own arse from a hole in the ground. If you did, then you would know that this is not about Dak. It never was. See, you never got that. To you, it was all personal, all the time. But that's not what this is about. So no, sell your wears elsewhere. You don't get it. You never have and you aren't going to convince me that you have the grey matter to sell it now.

I ask you again, what does your video have to do with anything? You have a set hard cap. There is not more or less money to spend in any given year. I'm not complaining about cap hell because that's coming one way or another. It's too late to cry now. It's you who are complaining. You are complaining that Jerry and Stephen might not spend the "Market Value" BS contract on Gallup because they've already spent it all on Dak. So it's you who are complaining here. I'm just asking you a question. How does what you posted relate?

Again, How do you "Blame Failure" on a contract? There is a cap and there is x amount of money to spend and you must spend x amount so I don't get this. That's how a hard cap works. It's not personal. Stupid, it was that, but not personal.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Right now the cap is set for 208 mil next year and we have commitments around 222 mil already. Don’t know where the $ would come from for Gallup

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how all of this works. This is where I didn't want to be but as usual, it's where we are at.

:laugh:

Qcard

Reaction score
Yes, it is my opinion that we are paying too much, percentage wise, to one player. See, you say you know my posting history but I'm not convinced you know your own arse from a hole in the ground. If you did, then you would know that this is not about Dak. It never was. See, you never got that. To you, it was all personal, all the time. But that's not what this is about. So no, sell your wears elsewhere. You don't get it. You never have and you aren't going to convince me that you have the grey matter to sell it.
I don't have to convince...you are free to buy cheap coffee and believe in fallacies.

It is historical fact that ALL players percentages against the cap can be restructured.

Dak's Cap percentage will never Hamstring the Cowboys ability as long as Prescott performs at a high level.

Your opinion is a fallacy

I ask you again, what does your video have to do with anything?
IT HAS TO DO WITH STEPHEN JONES MINDSET GOING INTO CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS.

/takexomprehensioncapsoff

You have a set hard cap. There is not more or less money to spend in any given year. I'm not complaining about cap hell because that's coming one way or another.
WRONG!! The Owners set a SELF imposed Cap to keep COST down. Every 10 years players negotiate to get more of the self imposed Owner Cap.

You are not complaining....you are just bleeting Cheap Owner and Lazy GM talking points.
It's too late to cry now. It's you who are complaining. You are complaining that Jerry and Stephen might not spend the "Market Value" BS contract on Gallup because they've already spent it all on Dak. So it's you who are complaining here. I'm just asking you a question. How does what you posted relate?
I am not complaining, just adding discord :muttley:
Again, How do you "Blame Failure" on a contract? There is a cap and there is x amount of money to spend and you must spend x amount so I don't get this. That's how a hard cap works. It's not personal. Stupid, it was that, but not personal.
Stephen Jones mindset is already predisposed to asking Gallup for a team friendly contract because Dak is taking a up a "big percentage".
If you can extrapolate out the current situation based on past habits then you sir are drinking cheap coffee:lmao2:

Qcard

Reaction score
Right now the cap is set for 208 mil next year and we have commitments around 222 mil already. Don’t know where the $ would come from for Gallup
Ever heard or renegotiations or contract extensions.

Did you miss how the Cowboys reworked Tyrons, Zack and LaEl contracts to free up $$$

Stop buying this nonsense

Great GMs and owners aren't hamstrung by the Cap Hell myth

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't have to convince...you free to buy cheap coffee and believe in fallacies.

It is historical fact that ALL players percentages against the cap can restructured.

Dak's Cap percentage will never Hamstring the Cowboys ability as long as Prescott performs at a high level.

Your opinion is a fallacy

IT HAS TO DO WITH STEPHEN JONES MINDSET GOING INTO CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS.

/takexomprehensioncapsoff

WRONG!! The Owners set a SELF imposed Cap to keep COST down. Every 10 years players negotiate to get more of the self imposed Owner Cap.

You are not complaining....you are just bleeting Cheap Owner and Lazy GM talking points.

I am not complaining, just adding discord :muttley:

Stephen Jones mindset is already predisposed to asking Gallup for a team friendly contract because Dak is taking a up a "big percentage".
If you can extrapolate out the current situation based on past habits then you sir are drinking cheap coffee:lmao2:

OK, well, about what I expected. So you have no answer. You are just complaining about the ramifications of what Dak's contract will mean. OK.

You just should have said that. All the rest of this stuff is just wasting everybodys time.

Gallup is probably gone. He will be a casualty of the Dak contract and that's something you would rather complain about, rather then accept as the reality of decisions made.

Qcard

Reaction score
OK, well, about what I expected. So you have no answer. You are just complaining about the ramifications of what Dak's contract will mean. OK.

You just should have said that. All the rest of this stuff is just wasting everybodys time.

Gallup is probably gone. He will be a casualty of the Dak contract and that's something you would rather complain about, rather then accept as the reality of decisions made.
I am not complaining about it....I am just adding an opinion to the Gallup contract thread that Stephen Jones will do the same thing during the Dak contract Era that Stephen did during the Romo contract Era........Stephen Jones will bargain shop. Team Friendly Fallcy

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how all of this works. This is where I didn't want to be but as usual, it's where we are at.

:laugh:
That's what happens to management that is year to year and tries to fix what breaks every off season. They would rather fix the break than prevent it.

That's the difference between them and the better FO's that will at least try and get something for a player they know they're losing. Unless their plan is to deal Cooper or Lamb.

From everything I know about Michael Gallup, he is the type player you'd love to keep on your team. Seems like a down to earth good guy and does whatever is called upon him to do. Really good team guy and a consummate professional.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I am not complaining about it....I am just adding an opinion to the Gallup contract thread that Stephen Jones will do the same thing during the Dak contract Era that Stephen did during the Romo contract Era........Stephen Jones will bargain shop. Team Friendly Fallcy

Yeah, you are........

Stephen Jones COO will have FREE reign after Dak's deal. Stephen will penny pinch and eventually blame failure on Dak's contract

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That's what happens to management that is year to year and tries to fix what breaks every off season. They would rather fix the break than prevent it.

That's the difference between them and the better FO's that will at least try and get somethin for a plyer they know they're losing. Unless their plan is to deal Cooper or Lamb.

From everything I know about Michael Gallup, he is the type player you'd love to keep on your team. Seems like a down to earth good guy and does whatever is called upon him to do. Really good team guy and a consummate professional.

Yep. He's as good as gone thou. Somebody will get a good player.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Nah. Think positive buttercup. The Jones boys may just tag him or give him a long term lucrative deal in 2022. One never knows.

I'm sure they realize having a talented second-read WR to line up on the outside of the formation has proven to be a very powerful asset in recent years across the NFL. Gallup & Coop proved they can be just as much of a threat in 2019 when both eclipsed 1,100 receiving yards. BOOM!
While I hope we are able to retain him I think it is wishful thinking.