Michael Irvin calls out Deion

DFWJC

Reaction score
So a QB needs a great defense and powerful oline to be a success. lol

good night
I said neither. Nothing about "great". You made that up. But they a least need a marginal defense.
Come on, the 32nd ranked defense? You expect payoffs with that?

Ask Troy how successful he was before getting support...or after it was no longer there

You're way out of line here. Completely off the rails.
imo
But it's a forum and we can agree to disagree.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
What is your definition of a successful season? lot of TD passes? lol My definition is a QB playing well enough for his team to make the playoffs and win atleast 1 game.

"Team". Key word is, "team".

You say Romo's only good season was 2014 but he put up similar numbers in 2013 and 2011.

34 TDs, 9 INTs in 2014.

31 TDS, 10 INTs in 2011 and 2013. More yardage in these season. 2007 wasn't bad and neither was 2009.

Your measurement of a good QB appears to be largely independent of the QBs play. If they make the playoffs and win a game, the QB is good. If not, the QB is bad. Romo had his flaws but to say he only had 1 good year is basically an admission of ignorance. List me the QBs who have had a 30 TD and 10 INT season - or better - over the past 5 years. Hell, go back to 2000.

Guess how many QBs have had a 30 TD, 10 INT season since 2000. Eleven.

Guess how many QBs have had more of those seasons than Romo. Two. Rodgers and Brady. Only 4 QBs have had more than 1 such season. Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Romo.

There's no need to revise history with Romo. Everyone knows the story. Top notch QB with piss poor management, a weak supporting cast, and horrible coaching. Put Romo with a competent franchise and he has a Superbowl ring.