News: Michael Irvin files $100 million lawsuit vs accuser and Marriott (Renaissance hotels)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Isn't he suing the hotel and hotel employee? He's not getting anything from them.
Hotel perhaps. If he wins. This is very early and he may not be fired from his job. But like I said. This is not his first strike. 2017 he was accused of drugging and raping a girl in a Florida hotel. Wonder which hotel it was maybe a Marriott hotel. Lol. He said he had left to catch a flight and timing of the story didn’t match up to her story or something. The whole thing went away. Now this happens..

Staubacher

Reaction score
Isn't he suing the hotel and hotel employee? He's not getting anything from them.
Not a dime from Marriott. They have high priced lawyers too. If they were simply protecting the rights of their employee and exercising their right to remove a guest due to behavior then they have zero to worry about.

Only if she and they targeted Irvin with a false allegation for either gain or discrimination would they be liable. And there is zero evidence of either.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Good for him. He's fighting back against the crap. I hope he sues her back into the stone age, and she becomes the most despised woman in the world, and ends up moving to Wake Island to live the rest of her days. Language restrictions prevent me from writing what I really think of her.
He has a long history of problems. With women. Remember 2017. Don’t know if these women are looking for a quick buck or if he is doing wrong.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Good for him. He's fighting back against the crap. I hope he sues her back into the stone age, and she becomes the most despised woman in the world, and ends up moving to Wake Island to live the rest of her days. Language restrictions prevent me from writing what I really think of her.
I assume you're being sarcastic. There's zero evidence she is seeking any publicity or financial gain.

I wonder what the fanboys here trashing her would say if she were their daughter, wife, sister? Heck they'd probably be mad at her for not getting his autograph

DZSierra

Reaction score
Exactly. Neither she, nor Marriott have taken any legal action. They apparently didn’t like what he said to that employee so they exercised their right to have him removed.

For example, and this is only an example:

I check into a hotel. At the front desk I say something to the agent about coming up to my room later, to some degree of lewdness or offensiveness. She, being an employee and with other customers in the area, keeps her poise and finishes checking me in and we part ways amicably. Afterwards she reports what happened to management and they decide they won't have a guest here talking to an employee like that. So they have me leave. No pressing charges, just we don't want you here.

I'm on a work trip so my employer gets wind of me getting booted from the hotel that they put me up at. They tell me to go home for the week. Again, no pressing charges, legal action, or even having me fired. Just we can't have this nonsense here at this busy and important time for our business.

Now I can sue the hotel and the woman but they didn't do anything wrong. In fact I did by my boorish behavior. As you say I may have any issue with my employer for their reaction to it but that's a different matter.
At some point in time however through your description of events, EXACTLY what was said MUST be documented in writing as to why the course of action was taken.

Reality is, ANY business can basically refuse your business for ANY reason as long as their decision isn't based on skin color or religion.

Thing is, this wasn't an ordinary business trip by some Joe traveling for work. Super Bowl weekend, and no doubt the hotel knows "who is important" who is staying with them. You ask a high profile customer to leave after you let them stay there, you darn well better have everything documented.

Could be a couple of reasons why the hotel isn't being forthcoming, but Irvin filing his lawsuit doesn't tell me they were trying to resolve this issue behind the scenes.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The lawsuit is defense through offense. Just like some here, there are others across this country that look at that as "yeah baby, go get'em" and they do not know anymore than anyone else what actually transpired between this woman and Irvin. But Irvin has to be innocent, he's suing them for 100M.

I keep seeing he was banned from Marriott properties and haven't seen any proof of that and do not put any stock into his lawyer, they lie to try and gain sympathy for their client.

I also haven't seen anything about his job being in jeopardy with NFLN, although they've been pretty tight-lipped from the beginning. So has the Marriott.

The one who wasn't tight-lipped, and should have been, was Irvin with interviews with local media. Think Marriott's lawyers don't have all of that? And what does Irvin's lawyer have? His account of what happened or as much as he can recall. Does he even have what the Marriott told the NFLN when this began?

Staubacher

Reaction score
At some point in time however through your description of events, EXACTLY what was said MUST be documented in writing as to why the course of action was taken.

Reality is, ANY business can basically refuse your business for ANY reason as long as their decision isn't based on skin color or religion.

Thing is, this wasn't an ordinary business trip by some Joe traveling for work. Super Bowl weekend, and no doubt the hotel knows "who is important" who is staying with them. You ask a high profile customer to leave after you let them stay there, you darn well better have everything documented.

Could be a couple of reasons why the hotel isn't being forthcoming, but Irvin filing his lawsuit doesn't tell me they were trying to resolve this issue behind the scenes.
See CouchCoach comment above. I can't improve on that.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I assume you're being sarcastic. There's zero evidence she is seeking any publicity or financial gain.

I wonder what the fanboys here trashing her would say if she were their daughter, wife, sister? Heck they'd probably be mad at her for not getting his autograph
No one in my family is a despicable LIAR throwing out phony accusations like this woman. There is no evidence whatsoever that Irvin has done anything wrong. I hope Irvin's lawyers annihilate her.

Irvin is fighting back against this CRAP because he's done nothing wrong.

Staubacher

Reaction score
The lawsuit is defense through offense. Just like some here, there are others across this country that look at that as "yeah baby, go get'em" and they do not know anymore than anyone else what actually transpired between this woman and Irvin. But Irvin has to be innocent, he's suing them for 100M.

I keep seeing he was banned from Marriott properties and haven't seen any proof of that and do not put any stock into his lawyer, they lie to try and gain sympathy for their client.

I also haven't seen anything about his job being in jeopardy with NFLN, although they've been pretty tight-lipped from the beginning. So has the Marriott.

The one who wasn't tight-lipped, and should have been, was Irvin with interviews with local media. Think Marriott's lawyers don't have all of that? And what does Irvin's lawyer have? His account of what happened or as much as he can recall. Does he even have what the Marriott told the NFLN when this began?
Lol yeah people who were saying don't rush to judgment we don't have the facts are now lapping up his lawyers account of events. Poor Michael was just peacefully sleeping when the Marriott Gestapo pulled him from bed and tossed him onto the street.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Lol yeah people who were saying don't rush to judgment we don't have the facts are now lapping up his lawyers account of events.
Personally I'm not lapping anyones account of what actually happened because other than an apparent video that really doesn't show anything and some people who were actually there saying they didn't see anything inappropriate, there really haven't been any facts presented other than Irvin being asked to leave.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The hotel, woman or the NFLN isn't obligated to be forthcoming and all have legal counsel to instruct them how to handle this.

Some are assuming she is after something but there is 0 evidence of that at this time.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Personally I'm not lapping anyones account of what actually happened because other than an apparent video that really doesn't show anything and some people who were actually there saying they didn't see anything inappropriate, there really haven't been any facts presented other than Irvin being asked to leave.
Well that's all Marriott (and later his employer) asked him to do. Unless one thinks it's some big conspiracy to get him, it's logical to think they had reasons.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you know that apparent video is the one hotel security is using? The video, according to the earliest report, was the hotel's from the lobby, not a bar patron's phone. Do you know if that is the video or even if that is the woman?

DZSierra

Reaction score
Well that's all Marriott (and later his employer) asked him to do. Unless one thinks it's some big conspiracy to get him, it's logical to think they had reasons.
Marriot management KNEW this was going to be BIG news. For that reason alone, they should have the incident documented to the hilt on everything. If they shared that documentation with Irvins employer and Irvin had that documentation, common sense tells me Irvin wouldn't be stupid enough to make more news by suing so quickly.

Just find interesting that this documentation hasn't been accidentally slipped out if it does indeed exists.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Do you know that apparent video is the one hotel security is using? The video, according to the earliest report, was the hotel's from the lobby, not a bar patron's phone. Do you know if that is the video or even if that is the woman?
At this point, I don't think anyone knows anything per this case.

Irvin may be completely guilty or innocent. When it comes to news in todays electronic times where the first to report something and the more "scandalous" it is for more views, I will always tend to gravity to innocent until proven guilty in the public opinion poll when the facts are not out.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score

For some reason this forum seems to attract more than it's share of guys who have a lot of pent up hostility toward women. It's kind of disgusting.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah, just personal experience when getting hammered. Of course we all stop drinking eventually, but it's usually not when someone is handing us free drinks.
Let me put it a different way. Haven't you had the experience of not remember conversations, but weren't that drunk? But when reminded, you remembered. You don't have to be hammered for that to happen.

Flamma

Reaction score
Not a dime from Marriott. They have high priced lawyers too. If they were simply protecting the rights of their employee and exercising their right to remove a guest due to behavior then they have zero to worry about.

Only if she and they targeted Irvin with a false allegation for either gain or discrimination would they be liable. And there is zero evidence of either.
Right. He'd have to somehow prove she acted with malice. Anything else is just basically her opinion. You have to be careful when you're a high profile person.

Status
Not open for further replies.