News: Michael Irvin files $100 million lawsuit vs accuser and Marriott (Renaissance hotels)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staubacher

Reaction score
He went out and had a few drinks and a woman stops in in the hotel. All on video and he never touched her. People saw them talking and said seemed ok. No one knows what was said. He said she said. She will drop this.
We don’t know if it's "all" on video. She works there, was there any contact before or after the encounter on video? And not touching doesn't indicate what may have been said.

Security pulled him from the hotel later that evening, he's banned from Marriott, NFL was contacted and he was sent home for the week.

At this point we're hearing entirely from one side of this, Irvin and his legal team.

Reactions: CWR

Flamma

Reaction score
He went out and had a few drinks and a woman stops in in the hotel. All on video and he never touched her. People saw them talking and said seemed ok. No one knows what was said. He said she said. She will drop this.
What is she dropping? If a hotel employee says something to management about not liking what someone said, they can move that someone. They are not required to do an investigation. Mike's problem is with his employer.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We don’t know if it's "all" on video. She works there, was there any contact before or after the encounter on video? And not touching doesn't indicate what may have been said.

Security pulled him from the hotel later that evening, he's banned from Marriott, NFL was contacted and he was sent home for the week.

At this point we're hearing entirely from one side of this, Irvin and his legal team.
Like I said he had a few drinks no telling what he said to her. But if it’s a he saod she said then who do you believe. Also when I saw this I thought it was an old story. Didn’t something like this happen to him in the past and he almost lost his job. A lady said she went to his room or he invited her to his room.

glimmerman

Reaction score
What is she dropping? If a hotel employee says something to management about not liking what someone said, they can move that someone. They are not required to do an investigation. Mike's problem is with his employer.
Wondering if she filed charges. Also wondering what he said. I don’t think this is his first time in this situation.

Flamma

Reaction score
Wondering if she filed charges. Also wondering what he said. I don’t think this is his first time in this situation.
Filed charges? I don't think so. For what? I was under the impression that in their 45 second conversation, even though it may have looked pleasant, he may have said something she found inappropriate. She smiled, then told the manager. We don't know what was said. But apparently she didn't like it. But again, I'm going under the assumption she was not acting with malice.

CWR

Reaction score
Funny how most of the people here crying about rushing Irvin to judgment are assuming:

The woman is lying/exaggerating

The hotel reacted wrongly

NFL Network had no right to suspend him

Apparently no rush to judgment only works one way. To the idolized jock.

Actually, most people are responding to the witness accounts of what happened and trying to understand how a cordial 30 second conversation ending with a handshake suddenly got him canceled.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Exactly. Neither she, nor Marriott have taken any legal action. They apparently didn’t like what he said to that employee so they exercised their right to have him removed.

For example, and this is only an example:

I check into a hotel. At the front desk I say something to the agent about coming up to my room later, to some degree of lewdness or offensiveness. She, being an employee and with other customers in the area, keeps her poise and finishes checking me in and we part ways amicably. Afterwards she reports what happened to management and they decide they won't have a guest here talking to an employee like that. So they have me leave. No pressing charges, just we don't want you here.

I'm on a work trip so my employer gets wind of me getting booted from the hotel that they put me up at. They tell me to go home for the week. Again, no pressing charges, legal action, or even having me fired. Just we can't have this nonsense here at this busy and important time for our business.

Now I can sue the hotel and the woman but they didn't do anything wrong. In fact I did by my boorish behavior. As you say I may have an issue with my employer for their reaction to it but that's a different matter.

CWR

Reaction score
Sincere question...what is your definition of "hammered" and did anyone determine how "hammered" Irvin was?

I believe the answer to that question is no.

I was just recently out in Scottsdale for a business trip. I stayed at the hotel bar and had two rum and cokes and a white wine over a period of about 3 hours while talking with people. Am I hammered?

I thought he turned down a drink from one of the witnesses and said thank you, but I have to work tomorrow?

I didn't see anyone paint him as drunk, but maybe more have stepped forward.

Flamma

Reaction score
Exactly. Neither she, nor Marriott have taken any legal action. They apparently didn’t like what he said to that employee so they exercised their right to have him removed.

For example, and this is only an example:

I check into a hotel. At the front desk I say something to the agent about coming up to my room later, to some degree of lewdness or offensiveness. She, being an employee and with other customers in the area, keeps her poise and finishes checking me in and we part ways amicably. Afterwards she reports what happened to management and they decide they won't have a guest here talking to an employee like that. So they have me leave. No pressing charges, just we don't want you here.

I'm on a work trip so my employer gets wind of me getting booted from the hotel that they put me up at. They tell me to go home for the week. Again, no pressing charges, legal action, or even having me fired. Just we can't have this nonsense here at this busy and important time for our business.

Now I can sue the hotel and the woman but they didn't do anything wrong. In fact I did by my boorish behavior. As you say I may have an issue with my employer for their reaction to it but that's a different matter.
This is pretty much what it looks like on the surface. Exactly how you explained it.

Flamma

Reaction score
I thought he turned down a drink from one of the witnesses and said thank you, but I have to work tomorrow?

I didn't see anyone paint him as drunk, but maybe more have stepped forward.
According to one wittiness, he did. But that doesn't really mean much. You can be drunk without stumbling or slurring your speech.

CWR

Reaction score
According to one wittiness, he did. But that doesn't really mean much. You can be drunk without stumbling or slurring your speech.

Fair, but it also seems like a responsible decision, which we don't often make when inebriated.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Filed charges? I don't think so. For what? I was under the impression that in their 45 second conversation, even though it may have looked pleasant, he may have said something she found inappropriate. She smiled, then told the manager. We don't know what was said. But apparently she didn't like it. But again, I'm going under the assumption she was not acting with malice.
She either don’t like him. Or he said something. He did a podcast or radio interview about it and said he had a few drinks and didn’t seem to remember much about what they talked about. Ok. He was drunk and said something stupid. Apparently he was told what he supposedly said and so does his boss. But again this is not his first time with something like this. Was it last year or the year before he got into similar trouble.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yep he admitted having dinner and some drinks with someone and then returned to the hotel.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is pretty much what it looks like on the surface. Exactly how you explained it.
Yea it will be Irvin that goes after legal action because his jobs on the line. If he gets fired he will need that big settlement to finance his lifestyle.

Flamma

Reaction score
Fair, but it also seems like a responsible decision, which we don't often make when inebriated.
You could look at it that way. Or it could just be a decision that was going to be made at some point during the night anyway.

Reactions: CWR

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If there is, disclosure will make them produce it.

Mike's got money and can hire top attorneys. His job and reputation are at stake. If I didn't think I did anything wrong I'd fight back, too. He's forcing their hand.
Mike is a rock star with fans all over the country, and not just Cowboy fans. He so graciously interacts with most of them at all times at any venue. Did you se the video a few weeks back of a female fane that wanted to take a quick pic with him? He graciously stood and she pulled out her phone got in close with video going and said "Go Eagles," you could tell he was a little pissed but he kept a smile on his face and said "Why you want to do that to me?"

Seeing this happened to him made me think of that video. If this comes out it is all BS and he gets back his gig at NFL Network I can see Mike never talking to fans aver again, and that would just suck.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yea it will be Irvin that goes after legal action because his jobs on the line. If he gets fired he will need that big settlement to finance his lifestyle.
Isn't he suing the hotel and hotel employee? He's not getting anything from them.

CWR

Reaction score
You could look at it that way. Or it could just be a decision that was going to be made at some point during the night anyway.

Yeah, just personal experience when getting hammered. Of course we all stop drinking eventually, but it's usually not when someone is handing us free drinks.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you please post the news story where Irvin said about not even being there? Everything I've seen, don't recall seeing that.

Considering he was actually staying at the hotel, not certain how he claimed he wasn't even there.
It wasn't about being there, it was about not encountering anyone. He said he went straight to his room. They referenced the lobby video that evidently show him interacting wtth the woman in question and according to him, he responded with "I can't remember, I had a few drinks, to tell the truth".

So, from their perspective, first he lies and the video proves that and then he uses having a couple of drinks for not remembering.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Well, now. :popcorn:

Good for him. He's fighting back against the crap. I hope he sues her back into the stone age, and she becomes the most despised woman in the world, and ends up moving to Wake Island to live the rest of her days. Language restrictions prevent me from writing what I really think of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.