Twitter: Michael Irvin frustrated with Dak, Lamb, and Micah

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, because CD is the only WR that has gotten mad at his QB on the sideline :rolleyes:. That's actually more common than it's not.
So so mad the head coach has to go over and calm him down?

Come on bruh.

Yes...team mates get mad at each other. Dez melted down on Romo. Then after that he dropped a sure pass the killed a drive.

It messed with Dak so hard he went out and threw and interception trying to placate CeeDee.

There is certainly some dysfunction there...not unique of course. Just duly noting the facts is all.

Problem?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! ____! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Question: Do you believe any of your fellow members can think of a SINGLE word, that you are infamous including in your comments, for years, which could replace ALL of the above blanks?
He says 'hater' more than anyone else on CZ.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No hes not. We've seen his kind since the first caveman bashed another over the head with a rock.
Rockporting poisons our community. Interesting you encourage it.
No disrespect intended. I have guilt in my abetting. :)
My comment may have zoomed past you as well. ;)

_sturt_

Reaction score
I get where Mike is coming from but he’s expecting unity amongst a group that has Jerry as GM. Mike remembers Jerry with Jimmy. Not the crap he is now.
Nah, that's just excuse making from where I sit. There is an inherent tension in the environment under the hard cap system that the NFL employs.

That's between (a) the pursuit "to get what personal compensation I deserve" and (b) the pursuit "to earn the acclaim/regard/respect we as a group potentially can earn."

Granted, we have no drones constantly recording what's being said by who and when about who or what... but what evidence we have, as Mike suggests, doesn't exactly scream "we." It screams, to the contrary, "me/I." There could be a completely different dynamic going on that we're just shielded from observing. Could be. But we're not unreasonable to go with what evidence is there in front of our eyes and ears.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nah, that's just excuse making from where I sit. There is an inherent tension in the environment under the hard cap system that the NFL employs.

That's between (a) the pursuit "to get what personal compensation I deserve" and (b) the pursuit "to earn the acclaim/regard/respect we as a group potentially can earn."

Granted, we have no drones constantly recording what's being said by who and when about who or what... but what evidence we have, as Mike suggests, doesn't exactly scream "we." It screams, to the contrary, "me/I." There could be a completely different dynamic going on that we're just shielded from observing. Could be. But we're not unreasonable to go with what evidence is there in front of our eyes and ears.
Of course it’s me though. I never questioned that or made excuses for it. Those guys in the 90s were all about “me” too. Difference is Jimmy had more control of this team than even at that time Jerry was willing to give. Just a different Cowboys era of football.

GMO415

Reaction score
I've been a Cowboys fan for over 54 years, long before Irv even played for the Bpys. Don't need Irv's assessment on this. This is not a bunch of men playing as a team. No one is holding each other accountable to excellence.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Of course it’s me though. I never questioned that or made excuses for it. Those guys in the 90s were all about “me” too. Difference is Jimmy had more control of this team than even at that time Jerry was willing to give. Just a different Cowboys era of football.
I won't disagree that Jimmy may have had a lot to do with that cohesion.

But that's a strike against Mike McCarthy... not against Jerry.

Jerry's just too easy a pinata, and I feel people tend to stretch to take a whack.

And. Salary cap first introduced into the milieu in 1994. Players in the years that have followed have had reason to compete with each other for salary in a way that they had not ever before. That makes an undeniable difference.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I won't disagree that Jimmy may have had a lot to do with that cohesion.

But that's a strike against Mike McCarthy... not against Jerry.

Jerry's just too easy a pinata, and I feel people tend to stretch to take a whack.

And. Salary cap first introduced into the milieu in 1994. Players in the years that have followed have had reason to compete with each other for salary in a way that they had not ever before. That makes an undeniable difference.
It’s a strike on McCarthy to an extent….his strike comes with accepting this job but he was desperate at the time.

The reason I can’t agree with you on Jerry is because it’s been 28 years. These players and coaches were winners before getting here. McCarthy and Quinn were SB champions.