Michael Irvin: Jenkins is not a coward, he just has no hope

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Michael Irvin and Nate Newton are discussing Michael Jenkins' lack of effort on the TD run by the Giants. He feels that Michael Jenkins is not a coward and lacks heart. He feels that Michael Jenkens lacks hope and probably just felt that giving effort on that play didn't matter because Jenkins probably felt it wasn't worth it because the Cowboys had no hope of winning.

Nate Newton agrees and further stated that the more troubling issue is where did Michael Jenkins get this mentality from.

***I didn't see the replay, not sure how bad it was***

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Nate Newton agrees and further stated that the more troubling issue is where did Michael Jenkins get this mentality from.

Probably from seeing the players on offense that we have behind center that keep turning it over and putting the defense in terrible field position.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
uh well thats still just as bad even if they were right... i still lost a lot of respect for jenkins no matter what his reasoning was...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
*Shrugs* Again this is human nature. You hope it doesn't happen, you don't want to ever see it happen, but football players are people to. If you're getting your rear end kicked and your offense has given you no reason to believe that you're going to have any shot of winning a game I can see where people just give up.

I don't like it. I don't want to see it. But it is what it is and it happens.

Iago33

Reaction score
Boy, I feel better.... Oh, wait. No, I don't.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Sure looked like a coward to me. I guess I have just always tried my best under any circumstance. I forget some times about the "new" generation of
athletes.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
You know, if u rewatch the Rams game and the long Jackson run, #31 did the same thing on that play.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
hopefully they were told to let him score so we would have enough time to score three touchdowns and a two point conversion..:rolleyes:

bags

Reaction score
I've never seen anything like what Jenkins did. Sure, I've seen players not giving it 100% chasing someone from behind, or giving up on a play when they shouldn't, but Jenkins was actually RIGHT there. He could probably smell Ward's breath!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2396264 said:
Lets hope it was just a mental error.

I wanna go there...

bags;2396319 said:
I've never seen anything like what Jenkins did. Sure, I've seen players not giving it 100% chasing someone from behind, or giving up on a play when they shouldn't, but Jenkins was actually RIGHT there. He could probably smell Ward's breath!

.... but this is what I saw too.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Is there a youtube video of the play? I didn't record the game, so I didn't see the replay.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2396263 said:
*Shrugs* Again this is human nature. You hope it doesn't happen, you don't want to ever see it happen, but football players are people to. If you're getting your rear end kicked and your offense has given you no reason to believe that you're going to have any shot of winning a game I can see where people just give up.

I don't like it. I don't want to see it. But it is what it is and it happens.

Sorry I've never gotten into a fight and put my dukes down and said punch me in the face.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
No accountability from the head coach, so what is the consequence in his mind? Parcells would have stuck him on the bench and let a less talented player take the spot to at least get the effort. I hate this losers mentality, but that is what this team is stuck with for the rest of this season.

links18

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2396370 said:
No accountability from the head coach, so what is the consequence in his mind? Parcells would have stuck him on the bench and let a less talented player take the spot to at least get the effort. I hate this losers mentality, but that is what this team is stuck with for the rest of this season.

And yet he did enough celebrating when he got his gimme pick six......