Michael Irvin: Jenkins is not a coward, he just has no hope

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2396368 said:
Sorry I've never gotten into a fight and put my dukes down and said punch me in the face.

Bad analogy. Nobody's aiming for the face when you're bending over and touching your ankles.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Perhaps he made a Deion Sanders "business decision"?

Fact is, we see a lot of this from our defense. We have a lot of pile jumpers and guys who just fall into ball carriers instead of attacking them. None of those guys was eager to put a hat on Ward there.

This was obvious so it reflects poorly on Jenkins, but we've seen plenty of guys play this passively all season long.

Scandrick went for quite a ride on the Amani Toomer bus there. Bradie James also does a nice job of weakly tackling one of his teammates.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2396811 said:
Perhaps he made a Deion Sanders "business decision"?

Fact is, we see a lot of this from our defense. We have a lot of pile jumpers and guys who just fall into ball carriers instead of attacking them. None of those guys was eager to put a hat on Ward there.

This was obvious so it reflects poorly on Jenkins, but we've seen plenty of guys play this passively all season long.

Scandrick went for quite a ride on the Amani Toomer bus there. Bradie James also does a nice job of weakly tackling one of his teammates.

Yep - I would call it a Sanders business decision. Thats about right. I saw Newman afraid of contact a few times when he was playing hurt. Some people act like they have never sseen this kind of thing before.

kmd24

Reaction score
Almost the entire team gave up. Did you see the look on Gurode's face when he was practicing snaps with Bollinger before the start of the second half? He looked like he should be in one of those "Wanna get away?" Southwest Airlines commercials.

I blame the coaches and Jerry. They provided poor leadership in writing this game off and talking about splitting the two games prior to TB. Witten was the only one who talked like he believed the Cowboys could win, even though he acknowledged the odds were against us.

The truth is, the season isn't close to being over, and it won't be even if the Commanders win on 11/16. But after a while, making excuses and giving poor effort is habit forming. The window of opportunity is closing rapidly.

jimmy40

Reaction score
jobberone;2396430 said:
Does anyone have a video of the other alleged incident of him refusing to tackle a player? Not doubting it but I'd like to see it.
alleged? that's pretty much doubting it. Well don't.

jimmy40

Reaction score
aikemirv;2396832 said:
Some people act like they have never sseen this kind of thing before.
No kidding, anybody can see this exact thing happen in tackle football every week, sometimes worse.

of course you have to go to your local park and watch the 4-5-6 year old tackle division.

wileedog

Reaction score
41gy#;2396574 said:
What it have made any difference?.

Wade? Is that you?

Seriously, first time I saw it I thought he just got juked or something, maybe expecting Ward to break outside. But seeing the replays, its obvious he just stopped.

You can't win ever with team whose mentality is "Is it really worth it for me to try and hit this guy?"

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2396252 said:
Michael Irvin and Nate Newton are discussing Michael Jenkins' lack of effort on the TD run by the Giants. He feels that Michael Jenkins is not a coward and lacks heart. He feels that Michael Jenkens lacks hope and probably just felt that giving effort on that play didn't matter because Jenkins probably felt it wasn't worth it because the Cowboys had no hope of winning.

Nate Newton agrees and further stated that the more troubling issue is where did Michael Jenkins get this mentality from.

***I didn't see the replay, not sure how bad it was***

Geeeeee... I wonder....

300_54701.jpg

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Surrender, in living color. Kudos to Burnett, Brown and Hamlin, who didn't give up on the play.

http://img514.*************/img514/7333/cowhz4.jpg

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2396259 said:
Probably from seeing the players on offense that we have behind center that keep turning it over and putting the defense in terrible field position.

There are some with sense here! Great observation Sultan. I said the same thing earlier but everyone else just wants to be a sofa expert.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Speaking of Ken Hamlin - that guy is much better than he gets credit for. He's out there basically having to play both strong and free safety at times, depending on sub packages.

ZB9

Reaction score
you dont see crap like that in high school, much less the pros.

utrunner07

Reaction score
It was a rookie mistake. I think it was pathetic and lazy but lets atleast give the guy a chance to learn from it and improve before we line up to chase him out of town. He has been playing pretty good CB for a rookie.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
utrunner07;2397031 said:
It was a rookie mistake. I think it was pathetic and lazy but lets atleast give the guy a chance to learn from it and improve before we line up to chase him out of town. He has been playing pretty good CB for a rookie.

You have to have several years in the league before it dawns on you that you have to tackle the ball carrier? Give me a break. The excuses being made for this punk are really offensive.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2396257 said:
Jenkins is a loser with a loser mentality great.....

That's the whole point. The question being, how did he GET that way and why does he think that is acceptable on this team, because if you haven't noticed, the entire team (except a few) plays the same way. No sense of urgency and lazy.

utrunner07

Reaction score
bbgun;2397041 said:
You have to have several years in the league before it dawns on you that have to tackle the ball carrier? Give me a break. The excuses being made for this punk are really offensive.

So you want him kicked off the team? You want to bench him?

There are a lot of heartless cowards ahead of him that need to go before he does. When Pacman is cut, when someone on that fat waste of space oline is cut, when a coach is fired, when TO is called out for his drops, when BJ is cut, when all the other defensive players that quit on this team or cut, then ill be right with you saying we need to get rid of this guy, until then, he is one of the brightest spots in this past draft and one of the few bright young guys we have...sure, embarass the hell out of him in practice, call him out over and over and over...but this BS about cutting him is absurd. If we cut every player on our team that did this or something similar we would not even field a team.

Now, if you want to clean the slate and get rid of a lot of the lazy, heartless cowards along with jenkins (we are talking atleast 20 players here, atleast) then im on board...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
utrunner07;2397057 said:

There are a lot of heartless cowards ahead of him that need to go before he does. When Pacman is cut, when someone on that fat waste of space oline is cut, when a coach is fired, when TO is called out for his drops, when BJ is cut, when all the other defensive players that quit on this team or cut, then ill be right with you saying we need to get rid of this guy, until then, he is one of the brightest spots in this past draft and one of the few bright young guys we have...sure, embarass the hell out of him in practice, call him out over and over and over...but this BS about cutting him is absurd. If we cut every player on our team that did this or something similar we would not even field a team.

Where in my post did I say anything about cutting him? But since you brought it up, benching him for a series or two would be just swell. More preferable would be fans who don't treat this man like some Pop Warner kid who doesn't know any better. There is no excuse for punking out on that tackle. None. I don't care how tired or dispirited he was.

wileedog

Reaction score
utrunner07;2397057 said:

Now, if you want to clean the slate and get rid of a lot of the lazy, heartless cowards along with jenkins (we are talking atleast 20 players here, atleast) then im on board...

How about we just start with some "constructive criticism?"

Look at the last picture BB posted of Jenkins sitting on the bench. Why isn't a coach in his face immediately? WHy isn't there one within 10 yards of him after that monstrosity?

Heck I've seen even little Sean Payton utterly tee off on a player for an offsides call, what the heck is this?

jimmy40

Reaction score
wileedog;2397075 said:
Look at the last picture BB posted of Jenkins sitting on the bench. Why isn't a coach in his face immediately? WHy isn't there one within 10 yards of him after that monstrosity?
I believe his position coach is Campo and he was probably busy getting Jerry a drink or something.