Michael Irvin: Jenkins is not a coward, he just has no hope

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
lane;2396295 said:
do you feel better now?

LOL. This cracked me up.

DaBoys4Life;2396368 said:
Sorry I've never gotten into a fight and put my dukes down and said punch me in the face.

You've also never been in a fight where your ability to win, and not be beaten down, is dependant on 21 other people either.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2396252 said:
Nate Newton agrees and further stated that the more troubling issue is where did Michael Jenkins get this mentality from.

Well, part of it came with him.

Throw a kid with motivation issues onto a team with a teddy bear for a head coach, an enabler for an owner/gm and no accountability and this is what you get.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Jenkins needs to be shown the video of Randy White chasing down Wilbert Montgomery in the 1980 NFC Championship game. Where the Manster was out of the play and had to run 15-20 yards from the line of scrimmage to catch a speedy, elusive back.
A game that Dallas was losing and was pretty much out of from the start, by the way.
Heck, Jenkins oughta learn something from watching TO hustle downfield to block or catch guys that just made interceptions.
I hope the Dallas media is roasting Jenkins over this.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2396379 said:
LOL. This cracked me up.

You've also never been in a fight where your ability to win, and not be beaten down, is dependant on 21 other people either.

All I can do is count on my self and fight as hard as I can. Even if I lose if i take like 3-5 people down b4 I go I will be satisfied. I've could have taken part in a brawl before you never know =)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2396400 said:
All I can do is count on my self and fight as hard as I can. Even if I lose if i take like 3-5 people down b4 I go I will be satisfied. I've could have taken part in a brawl before you never know =)

LOL! That's true! I don't know if you did or not. Point well taken.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I believe Nate and Michael. Two former junkies could not be wrong, could they?

btw: In my day, lack of effort resulted in a benching. If you were already on the bench, it resulted in getting kicked off the team. There is no "I" in quitters. A little "i," yes, but no "I."

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Does anyone have a video of the other alleged incident of him refusing to tackle a player? Not doubting it but I'd like to see it.

superpunk

Reaction score
The only possible explanation is that Jesus suddenly appeared to him in a cloud and struck him with temporary blindness and then told him to go preach to the Gentiles.

I've got no other explanation.

I think we'll end up liking Jenkins before it's all over - but that so far is the low point on a season that keeps dropping the floor.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2396431 said:
It still makes me sick

It's even worse that Witten is out there playing with broken ribs and this guy has the audacity not to want to tackle some one.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
That was the most disgusting play I've seen in a long time.

Sometimes corners have trouble getting off blocks and sometimes they aren't quick to stick their noses in the pile. But to have the ballcarrier coming right at you in the open when you're totally unblocked and you literally back off and let him run by you?

Absolutely inexcusable. I wish everyone who sees him at the grocery story this week would walk up and kick him in the nuts.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2396449 said:
It's even worse that Witten is out there playing with broken ribs and this guy has the audacity not to want to tackle some one.

I really didn't see where Witten could have tackled any one, is that the play on this you tube clip? If so the guy was falling to the ground any way.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2396459 said:
I really didn't see where Witten could have tackled any one, is that the play on this you tube clip? If so the guy was falling to the ground any way.

:confused:

I don't follow

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Nate Newton agrees and further stated that the more troubling issue is where did Michael Jenkins get this mentality from.

Probably from a while back, considering he was benched his junior year for a bowl game.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Michael Irvin and Nate Newton are discussing Michael Jenkins' lack of effort on the TD run by the Giants. He feels that Michael Jenkins is not a coward and lacks heart. He feels that Michael Jenkens lacks hope and probably just felt that giving effort on that play didn't matter because Jenkins probably felt it wasn't worth it because the Cowboys had no hope of winning.

***I didn't see the replay, not sure how bad it was***

Pretty much exactly what I said. Some of you are taking this thing way overboard, you think he's the first CB to shy away from contact in a blowout?

2much2soon

Reaction score
Nice work by the defensive lineman at the start of the play. Was that Tank Johnson getting totally manhandled at the point of attack?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2396463 said:
:confused:

I don't follow

Every one is saying Witten quit after an INT. I didn't see it. The posted you tube vid shows one of the INT's but Witten wasn"t even close enough to make a tackle. besides the DB was falling down any way, he just needed to be touched.