Michael Irvin: Jenkins is not a coward, he just has no hope

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2396252 said:
Michael Irvin and Nate Newton are discussing Michael Jenkins' lack of effort on the TD run by the Giants. He feels that Michael Jenkins is not a coward and lacks heart. He feels that Michael Jenkens lacks hope and probably just felt that giving effort on that play didn't matter because Jenkins probably felt it wasn't worth it because the Cowboys had no hope of winning.

Nate Newton agrees and further stated that the more troubling issue is where did Michael Jenkins get this mentality from.

***I didn't see the replay, not sure how bad it was***
I said this Sunday and I'm in total agreement.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Jenkins isn't a loser at all BUT he definately had FEAR in his heart on that play which happens with ROOKIES at times... He was SCARED without a doubt on that play. Very embarrassing!!!!!

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Jenkins isn't a loser but he's a blatant quitter. And sometimes that's worse because I know of losers who still fight until the end.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Chief;2396385 said:
Well, part of it came with him.

Throw a kid with motivation issues onto a team with a teddy bear for a head coach, an enabler for an owner/gm and no accountability and this is what you get.

Peer pressure is a great motivator at times. Having your toughness or manhood questioned is big with some of these young egomaniacs. He will be mocked in film session and will likely spend the rest of the season, and hopefully his career, trying to prove that he's not a wuss. I hope...

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
:hammer:
SultanOfSix;2396259 said:
Probably from seeing the players on offense that we have behind center that keep turning it over and putting the defense in terrible field position.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
That play exemplified what this defense is about and why it always chokes in the big spots. No passion, no heart, this defense has been so overrated for the last 4 seasons now it never takes the next step to be dominate.

Our defense has a bully mentality it only plays well when things are going good. Once it gets punched in the face it folds like a cheap lawn chair!!!!!!!!!!

theWave21

Reaction score
This whole team is a bunch of quitters. It starts with the supposed leader of the defense, Bradie James. He talks like a leader, but only played like one last week and it showed. This week he's back to his old tricks of getting blocked ten yards past the line of scrimmage. Ware makes a play and celebrates like the Boys are winning, the only problem is they're down by 21 points. Too many guys on this team are in it for themselves and not the team. Too many pro bowlers last year.

I noticed a disturbing trend in Romo hanging his head early this season. I don't know where it came from, but it's been happening quite often this year.

Another head hanger is Wade Philllips. Don't you think the players look to their head coach for leadership when the **** hits the fan? He's absolutely clueless. Great leaders are supposed to lead their men in times of trouble. Wade can't even decide which quarterback to use.

TO may hang his head, but at least he plays his *** off and wants to win. He'd run through a brick wall to score a TD. So would MBIII. The Cowboys need an emotional leader to pick the team's spirits up and lead them the rest of the way. Romo is capable of doing it, but I fear that he's playing not to make mistakes. He needs to just sling the damn ball and make plays.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Rack;2396994 said:
Geeeeee... I wonder....

300_54701.jpg

:lmao2:

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
This is Our Year;2397204 said:
That play exemplified what this defense is about and why it always chokes in the big spots. No passion, no heart, this defense has been so overrated for the last 4 seasons now it never takes the next step to be dominate.

Our defense has a bully mentality it only plays well when things are going good. Once it gets punched in the face it folds like a cheap lawn chair!!!!!!!!!!
Cant really argue against ur point because it appears to be true..

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
jimmy40;2396872 said:
alleged? that's pretty much doubting it. Well don't.

If you read it and the ones leading up to it you'd understand I was asking for the alleged non tackle in the Rams game. Don't be so eager to pile on. I'm the first person in the game thread to bring it up and I've posted several threads of disgust over Jenkins not trying to tackle Ward.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2396252 said:
***I didn't see the replay, not sure how bad it was***

Oh, lemme tell ya.

it was BAD. I almost fell outta my chair. Dude just crouched down like he was gonna lay some wood...

and stayed like that. I'd have yanked him off the field for the rest of the game and he'd be sitting the bench in Washington for at least the first few plays.

It was UNREAL. Dude just stood there.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Shotgun Dave;2397465 said:
Oh, lemme tell ya.

it was BAD. I almost fell outta my chair. Dude just crouched down like he was gonna lay some wood...

and stayed like that. I'd have yanked him off the field for the rest of the game and he'd be sitting the bench in Washington for at least the first few plays.

It was UNREAL. Dude just stood there.

Yeah, I watched the link someone provided in this thread.

Also, they were playing at work (thank god I have a job where Youtube is not blocked :bow: ).

Im on the fence on this one. I think the kid made a horrible mistake but I have seen this on several occassions.

WG5516

Reaction score
Honestly, I think you guys are overreaccting. I know it looked like he could make the tackle, but I'm not sure if he could have brought him down because of his angle. I may be wrong guys, but I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing.

jimmy40

Reaction score
WG5516;2397528 said:
Honestly, I think you guys are overreaccting. I know it looked like he could make the tackle, but I'm not sure if he could have brought him down because of his angle. I may be wrong guys, but I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing.
He could have taken a swipe at the ball and maybe got it to replace the two he lost.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
WG5516;2397528 said:

Did you see the photo I posted? He had a clean shot all the way.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
bbgun;2397568 said:
Did you see the photo I posted? He had a clean shot all the way.

There is one problem. The NFL isn't played at photo speed. It is real time, and it is very fast. Your talking about fractions of seconds to make a decision.

If you run the play and look at both angles, there is some grey area for sure. Jenkins is protecting the outside at first, so he is doing his job right off the bat. He was doing his job. He steps towards Ward (he shifts his weight from left to right), who is staying inside, with his right leg . Then, Jenkins sits and waits for the oncoming running back.

How can any of you guys get inside Jenkins' head and know what he is thinking or seeing at this point, because you don't know how fast that play is moving?

When he starts to make a move towards the runner, Burnett enters in the picture, and Jenkins hesitates. What if he just wanted to avoid taking Burnett out? You don't want to tackle the wrong guy. I simply think Jenkins just mistimed his move on the ball. You can't get inside his head and diagnose the play. No one but an NFL player knows how fast the NFL is, and this guy has started 3 games as a full time player.

You can look at that play and argue that he simply waited too long while sitting for Ward, and while sitting, he lost his angle on the fast running back and had a better angle on Burnett. When he starts to make his move, Burnett is there and Ward is pulling away. In my opinion, it had nothing to do with quiting, because none of us know what it is like to play at NFL speed on a football field.

I've seen this guy hustle and hit people. He was hustling on the play before where they ran the ball all the way down there.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
41gy#;2397625 said:
There is one problem. The NFL isn't played at photo speed. It is real time, and it is very fast. Your talking about fractions of seconds to make a decision.

If you run the play and look at both angles, there is some grey area for sure. Jenkins is protecting the outside at first, so he is doing his job right off the bat. He was doing his job. He steps towards Ward (he shifts his weight from left to right), who is staying inside, with his right leg . Then, Jenkins sits and waits for the oncoming running back.

How can any of you guys get inside Jenkins' head and know what he is thinking or seeing at this point, because you don't know how fast that play is moving?

When he starts to make a move towards the runner, Burnett enters in the picture, and Jenkins hesitates. What if he just wanted to avoid taking Burnett out? You don't want to tackle the wrong guy. I simply think Jenkins just mistimed his move on the ball. You can't get inside his head and diagnose the play. No one but an NFL player knows how fast the NFL is, and this guy has started 3 games as a full time player.

How do we know that he simply waited too long while sitting for Ward, and while sitting, he lost his angle on the fast running back and had a better angle on Burnett. When he starts to make his move, Burnett is there and Ward is pulling away. In my opinion, it had nothing to do with quiting, because none of us know what it is like to play at NFL speed on a football field.

I've seen this guy hustle and hit people. He was hustling on the play before where they ran the ball all the way down there.

Well, I think Troy Aikman knows a little something about NFL speed. Unlike you, he had bird's eye view of the play and slammed Jenkins' lack of effort. Furthermore, three other players were fighting through blockers to make the tackle. Jenkins had no one between himself and Ward. Enough with the spin.