Michael Irvin says it all

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
1000%.....but if you can't consistently do it during the regular season, why would we expect anything different for postseason. In other words, name one player on this team other than Parsons and Martin, who played every game like they were top 5.

Those 3 met their season goals about it

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Like Troy said, Irvin would have had 10 catches by halftime in that game. Mainly because Troy would have been throwing the ball to Irvin.

Aikman threw the ball to Irvin all the time. We didn’t spread the ball around back then. Compare Irvin’s receptions/yards to our other receivers. We should have gotten the ball to Amari more this season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They would have defeated the 49ers because they would have to use a 8 man front to stop Emmitt.

If they used a four man front, Emmitt would have feasted.

Sure, but it was the Oline that would have destroyed them. The RB's just take advantage of the holes that are created for them.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Aikman threw the ball to Irvin all the time. We didn’t spread the ball around back then. Compare Irvin’s receptions/yards to our other receivers. We should have gotten the ball to Amari more this season.
He threw to Novachek a bunch and Emmit underneath..that opened up the rest of the game....once they couldn't stop that he would go deep to Harper then Emmit would break their backs..

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
LOL....i love how it hurts the feelings on some on the board here when he singles out your sorry hero and tells you the truth. Did not show up for their biggest game so far in their careers. Who knows if they get another chance. That might be their ceiling. NFCE baby....!!! Dallas Football Team. Go..Go..Go....

blueblood70

Reaction score
1000%.....but if you can't consistently do it during the regular season, why would we expect anything different for postseason. In other words, name one player on this team other than Parsons and Martin, who played every game like they were top 5.

they also were part of the NFCCG against SF that got down 21-0 and lost by 10 because OF MISTAKES. a few by Mr Irvin big talk but don't act like you are perfect., so they did not show up this day i mean our team lost by 6 and?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He is not bragging.

He and Emmitt are cut from a different cloth.

Basically, they are stating we are going to dominate today because if we do not; our post season would be cut short.

And if they did not and lost; Jimmy would have ripped into them and the rest or the team.

And the 90s Cowboys did indeed dominate under Jimmy Johnson.

No question.......difference being he and Emmitt felt they were best players on the field at their position.......every game.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Agree 1000%........he's just keeping it real

Michael Irvin: Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott, CeeDee Lamb didn’t show up for Cowboys
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 20, 2022, 4:00 PM EST

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...lliott-ceedee-lamb-didnt-show-up-for-cowboys/

Hall of Fame Cowboys wide receiver Michael Irvin was not impressed with what he saw from the Cowboys’ best players in Sunday’s postseason loss to the 49ers.

Irvin said on the Stacking the Box podcast that whether it was his teams in the 1990s or the teams in the NFL this year, star players need to step up in the biggest games. And Irvin called out the Cowboys’ star players for not stepping up.

Vomit

Reaction score
I never get the feeling we are a close knit team, think it;s bunch of individuals doing their thing. Never really see Dak or Zeke doing much when on the sideline. No ..."hey, what the hell is going on here, let's go get it going grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr~~~~~ We see Dak staring at a tablet, see Zeke just hanging out.
Good observation. Just a loose collection of players getting paid, under the umbrella organization called The Dallas Cowboys. As a child of the 70s I am so glad I saw two great eras for this team. Unlikely to see another.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I agree with him but him and Emmitt were top-5 at their position all-time when they played…

Legend

Reaction score
they also were part of the NFCCG against SF that got down 21-0 and lost by 10 because OF MISTAKES. a few by Mr Irvin big talk but don't act like you are perfect., so they did not show up this day i mean our team lost by 6 and?
That is after defeating the 49ers the previous two NFCCGs and after the 49ers went on a spending spree signing free agents (including Ken Norton Jr) to counter the Cowboys.

Of course Jimmy Johnson was not coaching that team.

Legend

Reaction score
Sure, but it was the Oline that would have destroyed them. The RB's just take advantage of the holes that are created for them.
Emmitt was good at cutbacks and breaking tackles as well

lkelly

Reaction score
He is not bragging.

He and Emmitt are cut from a different cloth.

Basically, they are stating we are going to dominate today because if we do not; our post season would be cut short.

And if they did not and lost; Jimmy would have ripped into them and the rest or the team.

And the 90s Cowboys did indeed dominate under Jimmy Johnson.
I watched all those game. I'm aware of all their accolades. And they won not because a couple stars showed up, but instead because they had a deep roster of talent, a first ballot Hall of Fame QB, and a coaching staff that spawned a number of future head coaches at both the college and pro level. If Michael wants to pat himself on the back and think it's because he and Emmitt chest bumped in the tunnel, he can keep patting himself on the back.

The Pats won for DECADES because they rolled out rosters of committed, motivated players - many of which were somewhat unknown when they were forced into the spotlight. Sprinkle in a dab of cheating and you get a lot more rings than Irvin's ever seen.

I'm fine with him wanting Dak to be Aikman, Zeke to be Emmitt, and Lamb/Cooper to be Irvin, but to diminish the importance of the rest of the roster (especially in the salary cap era) is just stupid.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Anger lol

Parsons, Martin, and Anger.

That's it.
Martin was trash that game too, no one gets an out but Anger. Where was Parsons contributions as well in that game? No where. Jerry has a lot of work to do while we fight each other over who sucks or not.