Michael Sam openly gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
ncf_g_sam1x_600x400.jpg

-SEC Defensive Player of the Year announces he is a homosexual. Sam can/will be first openly gay player in the NFL if/when he gets drafted.

-This is a big deal. Expect this to be a hot topic leading up to the draft.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/10/s...r-says-he-is-gay-ahead-of-nfl-draft.html?_r=0

Last edited:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
11.5 sacks, 19 TFL, dominated offensive tackles all year from both the weak and strong sides.

If we want to have an attacking, fast, relentless front four like Seattle, this is the kind of player that we want.

Knowing Seattle, they'll probably scoop this guy up. I would take him in Dallas in a heartbeat. Potential to be Ware's replacement from the WDE position with his speed. I don't think his weight is an issue, but he'd be able to gain 15-20 lbs of muscle in his first three years and then it's game on.

robert70x7

Reaction score
I guarantee there a teams removing him from their draft boards.

Last edited:

dantheman41

Reaction score
11.5 sacks, 19 TFL, dominated offensive tackles all year from both the weak and strong sides.

If we want to have an attacking, fast, relentless front four like Seattle, this is the kind of player that we want.

Knowing Seattle, they'll probably scoop this guy up. I would take him in Dallas in a heartbeat. Potential to be Ware's replacement from the WDE position with his speed. I don't think his weight is an issue, but he'd be able to gain 15-20 lbs of muscle in his first three years and then it's game on.

Yeah he is a beast. Heck of a rusher!

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Happy for him. This is a big deal. Takes a lot of courage to come out, esp in the world of football.

It shouldn't affect his draft stock, but I can almost guarantee you it will. I'd love for him to be a Cowboy. If he slips, I hope we scoop him up without thinking twice about it. The guy can play, and that's all that matters.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Who cares.....................the kid can play some football!

Agreed. I hope this doesn't affect his draft stock, but I can almost guarantee you it will. If he slips, I'd love for the Cowboys to snag him up. Kid can play football, and that's all that matters.

tm1119

Reaction score
Really liked him as a player before this and now like him as a lot as a person. This takes courage and shows he believes in himself enough to have the confidence to take this head on. I hope enough team pass on him to make him a 3rd round steal for us.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Actually, I just googled it. DeMarcus Ware weighs 260lbs.

Michael Sam weighs 260lbs.

Jerry....do it.

I was going to say that. Also, Sam is 6'-2" and I don't think he has any room to gain productive weight on his frame. Not that he needs to do so.

XxTDxX

Reaction score
I'll pass for the simple reason that he is going to be a huge distraction. Everything that happens with his career good or bad is going to be blown up by the media.. Cowboys have enough of that already.. He probably is a situational pass rusher only.. Ill pass.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Have to applaud him. Not a stretch to say that it has Jackie Robinson-like impact.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Bravo to him. What extreme courage that took to come out in this world that's taught to hate his preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.