Michael Smith ESPNEWS said players are tired of Romo's TOs...

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Romo is probably tired of getting knocked down 19 times a game and having to put 30 points on the board every week for this team to win because the other units can't play at even a mediocre level.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2334504 said:
Romo is probably tired of getting knocked down 19 times a game and having to put 30 points on the board every week for this team to win because the other units can't play at even a mediocre level.
Right. 24 points, the amount the Cowboys scored in both losses is enough to win most games.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Well, here's the time for the Romo Sucks crowd to shine.

Step up guys/gals.

Let me hear you.

We should be good to go with this injury, no? If Turnover Tony Fumblitis isn't playing, the Rams, Bucs, and Giants should be no problem, right?

Where is zeroburrito? Why isn't he crowing in this thread yet. He wanted BJ to start. Here's his chance. I expect 2-1 minimum. I mean if Tony can do it....

Don Corleone

Reaction score
This is nothing short of a travesty. When it rains it pours. We'll be lucky to make the playoffs this year.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Vintage;2334523 said:

Step up guys/gals.

Let me hear you.

We should be good to go with this injury, no? If Turnover Tony Fumblitis isn't playing, the Rams, Bucs, and Giants should be no problem, right?

Where is zeroburrito? Why isn't he crowing in this thread yet. He wanted BJ to start. Here's his chance. I expect 2-1 minimum. I mean if Tony can do it....

I listened to irvins show for a minute.

he was baggin on romo the whole time I listened. he said if he doesnt get the ball to 81 we lose.

What a joke. With guys like that in his corner, there is no chance to me that owens doesnt go crazy here soon.

I couldnt believe irvin was baggin on romo and saying he needs to throw it owens.

ddh33

Reaction score
I don't know if people have noticed the correlation through the years when QBs feel like they have to put 25-30 points on the board to win, they tend to make more turnovers. And yes, it's happened to the great ones too...

Romo has had some trouble with ball-security, but he's gotten almost no help.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Vintage;2334523 said:

Step up guys/gals.

Let me hear you.

Next week, it'll be TO's turn to get injured. Then all of his haters will start to say how "We'll learn to play as a team alot better, spread the ball around more, and have a peaceful locker room", blah, blah, blah...only to realize in subsequent weeks after how valuable he is to our offense.

Boysboy

Reaction score
ddh33;2334538 said:
I don't know if people have noticed the correlation through the years when QBs feel like they have to put 25-30 points on the board to win, they tend to make more turnovers. And yes, it's happened to the great ones too...

Romo has had some trouble with ball-security, but he's gotten almost no help.

We were on our way to a double digit win against Philly-up 14-6, instead of living for another down, he threw it right into Asante Samuel's breadbasket. Gave them the momentum and almost blew the game.

But that's only a FEW gripes I have about him-noone's perfect, and ultimately, I'll take the good with the bad. I really like Tony, and hope he gets better soon.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
theebs;2334535 said:
I listened to irvins show for a minute.

he was baggin on romo the whole time I listened. he said if he doesnt get the ball to 81 we lose.

What a joke. With guys like that in his corner, there is no chance to me that owens doesnt go crazy here soon.

I couldnt believe irvin was baggin on romo and saying he needs to throw it owens.

Owens needs to do a better job of forcing himself to get open. Double teams don't matter. I'll even settle for an offensive PI every now and then. At least show some aggression and punch the DB in the face. Even if you draw a penalty, you put some fear into the DB for future plays.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
8 turnovers in 6 games.

Honestly, that isn't bad at all given how many TDs he produces.

FCBarca

Reaction score
theebs;2333890 said:
This team is going to have to weather the storm now for the next month or so.

All kinds of stuff is going to be said. The media will attack now and rightfully so.

The only way they get through it is if they bond together and play their tails off. If they start calling each other out, there is nothing but negatives on the horizon.

and I am under the opinion that no matter what, the qb should never be talked about in a negative way to the media from the players. Never. Whether he is great or terrible or somewhere in between, you never talk about the qb. Never.

If this is true and there are guys upset that romo isnt being called out for a handful of mistakes then there are problems so deep on this team that it will take a full of season to fix. And there is no guarantee even then.

Concur...I am increasingly uneasy about the unraveling that is occurring...Speaks volumes about the coaching void

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
yentl911;2333879 said:
I guess Romo is now responsibl for the poor kick off coverage and poor blocking on punt attempts with the game on the line.....give me a break

You bet he is! I am 99% sure it was his blown assignment on the punt block to end the game and I know he should have made the open field tackle on the opening kickoff... Cut his arse!

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
FCBarca;2334574 said:
Concur...I am increasingly uneasy about the unraveling that is occurring...Speaks volumes about the coaching void

Honestly, the only unraveling is with the fan base.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
Enough of the romo love already jesus!!! All of you act like romo is god and the guy can't do no wrong, get over it. Plain n simple romo is playin poorly, to many turnovers, not smart decisions with the ball.I don't care for how many yards the guy throws for. Bottom line what counts is when the score board reads double zero!! The guy needs to relax a bit and stop tryin to be a super hero on every damn down!!

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
ddh33;2334538 said:

Exactly. Look at Marino's INT totals during his "glory years" in the late 80's when he was setting single season records every year. He was good for over 20+ INTs every season. 21, 23, 23, 22. The only year he didn't get 20+ INT's was a year he was injured and missed 4 games. His defenses were horrible and he had to put 30 points on the board every game if they were going to have a chance to win. Look at Dan Fouts INT totals in his peak years with the Air Coryell Chargers ... 20, 24, 24, 17. When you play high risk-high reward offense, expect a lot of turnovers. There's a reason why defensive minded head coaches typically play conservative offense.

But most people have absolutely no perspective on the game.

ddh33

Reaction score
Along these same lines, I know Mike Martz is a guy who has no regard for interceptions. He believes they are a by-product of his attacking offense. I use him as an extreme example, but I think the point is made.

Again, in Dallas, you are expected to go 16-0, while scoring 40 points a game with no turnovers, produce pro-bowlers at every position with every draft pick, and allow the opponents to never score. Anything less is unacceptable, and apparently it's okay because, "This is Dallas; we only accept greatness."

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2334616 said:
Exactly. Look at Marino's INT totals during his "glory years" in the late 80's when he was setting single season records every year. He was good for over 20+ INTs every season. 21, 23, 23, 22. The only year he didn't get 20+ INT's was a year he was injured and missed 4 games. His defenses were horrible and he had to put 30 points on the board every game if they were going to have a chance to win. Look at Dan Fouts INT totals in his peak years with the Air Coryell Chargers ... 20, 24, 24, 17. When you play high risk-high reward offense, expect a lot of turnovers. There's a reason why defensive minded head coaches typically play conservative offense.

But most people have absolutely no perspective on the game.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MariDa00.htm

TD% = 5.0
INT% = 3.0

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RomoTo00.htm

TD% = 6.5
INT% = 3.5

FCBarca

Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2334584 said:
Honestly, the only unraveling is with the fan base.

Ok, guess the last few weeks have only been a mirage...Hey, the team is 4-2...Everything is fine :rolleyes:

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
FCBarca;2334664 said:
Ok, guess the last few weeks have only been a mirage...Hey, the team is 4-2...Everything is fine :rolleyes:

No you are right, 4-2 = season over. We should shut er down for the year.

:rolleyes:

FCBarca

Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2334688 said:
No you are right, 4-2 = season over. We should shut er down for the year.

:rolleyes:

Because the opposite is true right?...There's nothing wrong according to you so according to others who don't agree it must mean the season is over...Yeah, that's some winning logic there