Michael Thomas contract compared to Amari Cooper

mattjames2010

Reaction score
When you traded a first to get him, you kind of have to.

You don't HAVE to, plenty of players never get a second contract when teams give up a first for them....

It's about our GM and his dopey son not wanting to look stupid.

erod

Reaction score
You don't HAVE to, plenty of players never get a second contract when teams give up a first for them....

They saw the offense at 3-5 without Cooper. They're stuck.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
he wasn't top 5 productivity wise was he?no, ok so top10, yes so thats where your pay starts..thats how it should be period..he played 8 games for us correct now we are supposed to pay him 19? phack no!! 16-17 maybe..according to NO they might make him the HP WR..so yes that was my argument..

hmm total catches where is he im missing it wait like 16th but MT is 1

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/stats.html?mode=C

total yards hes like 21..

enough said hes not even top 10 so lets compare the 10th overall wr in pay scale and thats where Amari should even cap out..

Okay, so you tell that to his agent, and his agent says The Jets will do way better. And then you say bye bye first round pick? He’s getting what we wants, because there aren’t 10 guys in the nfl that can do what he can, regardless of his numbers. He got you to the playoffs and he knows it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
As a passer, he absolutely did, and that's what I was talking about. I don't care what he did in the SEC, it doesn't matter. Johnny Manziel was brilliant in the SEC too. Didn't Cooper win the Biletnikofff? lol

He needed Amari to be saved as a passer. He had a 62% completion rate, y/a of 6.88 and passer rate of 87.4 before Amari arrived. Those numbers would have ranked 29th, 27th, and 27th through the entire year. He also fumbled 6 times and had 4 INTs in those games.

I'm not debating whether or not he's a great leader. He is. But that doesn't change the ineptitude of the Cowboys' passing game weeks 1-7. Cooper is another weapon....that the offense couldn't function last year without.
That's not what you said originally and now you are adding qualifiers to make it sound like you were always talking about something else. Dak's position on the team was never in danger and he didn't need saving. In contrast, Cooper was a reject from the team that drafted him and needed a QB to give him a chance to prove what he could do. Enter Dak Prescott, gave Copper the hand signal for a "Go Route" despite the play calling by Linehan. That was solely Dak's call, so how about some due appreciation. You're welcome, Cooper fan. Dak created Cooper and not the other way around. Dak is the Daddy and Cooper knows his place. Dak didn't need Cooper's help to win League Rookie Offensive Player of the year, so let's stop pretending Dak hadn't done anything without Cooper. You are still getting your head handed to you in this debate so why not just agree to disagree rather than you continuing to embarrass yourself by moving the goal post on what we are arguing about.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
That's not what you said originally and now you are adding qualifiers to make it sound like you were always talking about something else. Dak's position on the team was never in danger and he didn't need saving. In contrast, Cooper was a reject from the team that drafted him and needed a QB to give him a chance to prove what he could do. Enter Dak Prescott, gave Copper the hand signal for a "Go Route" despite the play calling by Linehan. That was solely Dak's call, so how about some due appreciation. You're welcome, Cooper fan. Dak created Cooper and not the other way around. Dak is the Daddy and Cooper knows his place. Dak didn't need Cooper's help to win League Rookie Offensive Player of the year, so let's stop pretending Dak hadn't done anything without Cooper. You are still getting your head handed to you in this debate so why not just agree to disagree rather than you continuing to embarrass yourself by moving the goal post on what we are arguing about.
Didn't say his position was in danger lmao.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You said he needed saving, sounds like you were saying as much to me.
You're being pedantic and too literal for the sake of making some ridiculous argument that doesn't exist. Good work.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You're being pedantic and too literal for the sake of making some ridiculous argument that doesn't exist. Good work.
Words have meaning so you were either wrong and I corrected you or you were careless with your words and didn't say what you meant to say. Take your pick.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Words have meaning so you were either wrong and I corrected you or you were careless with your words and didn't say what you meant to say. Take your pick.
Orrrrrr you were purposely pedantic and looked to pick a fight with anyone who has anything negative to say about DAk.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
None of that matters lol, because none of it is related to proficiency as a passer.

Dak was abysmal the first 7 games of the year and the last handful the year before. It wasn't all his fault, but he was terrible. He desperately needed another receiever who could win consistently against 1-1 coverage, because teams were loading the box and playing man across. Amari completely changed the complexion of how defenses had to defend Dallas and he's the perfect WR for Dak, because there is no need to anticipate throws. It's just a matter of time before he's open.
And Cooper was at the top of the league in drops for 2 years. You would think that a receiver that saved a QB would have been better than tops in the league with drops. Once he got with Dak those dropping issues went away. You say none of it matters because it doesn't have anything to do with passing them the same came be said for a receiver that has issues with...... Catching the ball.

Seems you are very bias against Dak, which most Dak haters are.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Okay, so you tell that to his agent, and his agent says The Jets will do way better. And then you say bye bye first round pick? He’s getting what we wants, because there aren’t 10 guys in the nfl that can do what he can, regardless of his numbers. He got you to the playoffs and he knows it.
hes our this year regardless so yes LTC if he plays hardball yes bye bye you get 1.5 yrs out of a good player only sux but overpaying for guy given his REAL Production VS his perceived value is mistake..i say you do play hardball and see what shakes out..

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
And Cooper was at the top of the league in drops for 2 years. You would think that a receiver that saved a QB would have been better than tops in the league with drops. Once he got with Dak those dropping issues went away. You say none of it matters because it doesn't have anything to do with passing them the same came be said for a receiver that has issues with...... Catching the ball.

I am a Dak supporter, but we can't credit Dak for curing Cooper of his drops. That's all on Cooper, who improved his concentration and stopped trying to make a move before securing the ball. Prescott could have thrown perfect passes and Cooper still could have dropped them.

Johnny23

Reaction score
They saw the offense at 3-5 without Cooper. They're stuck.
They're not. They're just doing what they always do. This is what happens when poor talent evaluators run the show.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I am a Dak supporter, but we can't credit Dak for curing Cooper of his drops. That's all on Cooper, who improved his concentration and stopped trying to make a move before securing the ball. Prescott could have thrown perfect passes and Cooper still could have dropped them.
Cooper even said Dak throws the ball the way he likes it. To not give credit to Dak is foolish, Cooper gets credit as well for Dak improving. It goes hand and hand, it's not only because of Cooper.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Seen on Twitter (not sure how to post it here so if anybody can do that it would be much appreciated) that the Saints are willing to make Michael Thomas the highest paid receiver in the league. Depending on what he signs for would this raise Cooper's demands or lowers them? Personally I want to get our guys signed first before everybody else raises the market. We have already seen it with Wentz and Dak.
I am sure that, with enough talk and bluster, we can inflate Amari's worth by a mil, what say you street urchins?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I think I'll hold off on the dak and cooper psychobabble until they ACTUALLY sign contracts. Until then it's all just bored people typing. We might as well be talking about the weather.

Lout! Are you like a ... beatnik or hippie?
I need info for a dissertation. Well, a report.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

I'm not a Dak hater, for starters. What did Dak do to prevent Amari from dropping the ball?

blueblood70

Reaction score

:hammer:my thoughts exactly cant let THEM hold that over you to get a bloated contract..many different sports have done the one year rental of aplayer and had to release them for this very reason , they became FAs and left for bigger money..just offer a fair contract 16.7 mil per nice bonus and of rejected use him up go all in for SB this year and hope for the best..