Video: Michael Vick in Undisputed: Dak should’ve used his running ability

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What did I say in my post? I said Dak should have ran it on that key play.

making him run on a regular basis as a regular part of the offense isn’t necessary though.

at most he should be running like 2-4 times per game. Mostly in the red zone.

he is a key redzone threat to run. That’s for sure.
That's not what you posted. "He should have on 3rd and 7" doesn't say anything about what he should have done on 3rd and 7. It takes some connecting the dots to see you were referring to Dak running. Granted, I should have connected those dots. There was plenty of information given to figure out what you meant to say. I'm just an idiot I guess for not seeing that the first time I saw it. It's my bad, not yours so please don't get the idea I'm implying it was on you. He has been known to run the ball in previous games so it seems to me it would help to make that part of the offense for that particular bad weather game, it seems he was avoiding it though.

jblaze2004

Reaction score

For everyone saying Dak’s not a running QB, not a mobile QB, and that he shouldn’t be used as one, take notes from an actual running QB that thinks Dak should run more.

Exactly what i was saying. Its like in Garretts system we don't really play to players strengths. We mold guys into how we want them to be.

So instead of designing the offense to utilize daks running ability...(More roll outs, Moving the pocket and etc not just rpo.)
We kind of turned Dak into a pocket passer. If Dak would run more it would help out especially in crucial moments. I think it was a 3rd and 7 or 5 or whatever. Dak dropped back. The pocket collapse and he moved left i believe. He should of took off in ran but instead he threw the ball and it ended up an incomplete. I believe if dak had ran he would of got the first or very close to a first down.

stuckindc

Reaction score

For everyone saying Dak’s not a running QB, not a mobile QB, and that he shouldn’t be used as one, take notes from an actual running QB that thinks Dak should run more.

Can't like this one enough!!! It's mind boggling why he doesn't run more...when ever he does a couple times a game, the rest of the offense opens up and they become almost impossible to stop....no time was it more needed than this weekend , when passing was so difficult... he could have made them pay...

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Another thing. We have to have called the least amount of QB sneaks in the nfl. When Dak is a powerful mobile QB.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think Dak Prescott should be critiqued by Michael Vick.

You guys think I hate Prescott, well I would never claim Vick has a better mind for the position. He didn't. More talented but between the ears he comes up short.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I see that. I don’t care for vick but he was right. He has to realize man coverage and use his legs .

Man coverage and the conditions being unfavorable for passing. Dak should have run on the end zone pass to Jarwin. Only one defender on the left side of the field a lumbering lineman and it looked like Dak had the angle to get to the edge on.

Bayless was right too: Cooper looked and played soft.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Would've, should've, could've
Am I missing anything? NE had a spy on Dak.

You’re obviously missing a lot. I don’t know if they had a spy on him just some plays or not, but on the plays I thought he should have ran he absolutely didn’t.

Example of the 3rd and 7......

Now he might not have made it but I though he had a very good chance as the entire secondary was in the end zone.

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
Not even close to the same thing
Alex Smith and Theismann got injured in the pocket

Quarterbacks can slide and that's the end of the play. Not saying Dak needs to lower his helmet every other snap while running.

Cam Newton tried to play fullback and it worked for a bit but he also took some shots.

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
That's not what you posted. "He should have on 3rd and 7" doesn't say anything about what he should have done on 3rd and 7. It takes some connecting the dots to see you were referring to Dak running. Granted, I should have connected those dots. There was plenty of information given to figure out what you meant to say. I'm just an idiot I guess for not seeing that the first time I saw it. It's my bad, not yours so please don't get the idea I'm implying it was on you. He has been known to run the ball in previous games so it seems to me it would help to make that part of the offense for that particular bad weather game, it seems he was avoiding it though.

No worries man. I hear what you’re saying.

I’m not sure why Dak was avoiding it this game. Honestly I feel like he usually takes off running on that 3rd and 7 play, especially in the redzone. And he is absolutely a redzone threat. I’m not sure why he didn’t that time.

He is one of the best redzone running QB’s. That needs to continue.

Dre11

Reaction score
He is probably spending more time training his body to maintain proper footwork and the requisite strength and flexibility to improve his throwing mechanics, and less time training for just outright speed and running

That could explain why Dak isn’t as quick as he was in college and his rookie season.
207B9
but whatever he is doing is working because his throwing mechanics and footwork has improved by leaps and bounds.

he also is a very powerful runner when he chooses to do so. But he should only be lowering his shoulder on defenders and risking injury when the game is on the line.

Folks see Lamar do those things and the first thing they say is Dak should be doing it but Dak isn't the same type of running as Lamar Lamar Shifty and can change directions at top speed Dak is more of a straight line Runner he's more susceptible to big hits

HungryLion

Reaction score
RG3 suffered that same thought process.
Not saying you're correct, but just saying...

Of course, for his post to be correct, it would mean that there is any type of realistic argument that Dak is not a legit pocket passer.

When the reality is, anybody who claims Dak isn’t a legit pocket passer, can’t be taken seriously on the topic to begin with.

So, Dak really has no need to prove his legitimacy as a pocket passer. He has done that many times over.

Dre11

Reaction score
RG3 suffered that same thought process.
Not saying you're correct, but just saying...
There's a difference Griffin was smaller and also he was a straight line runner. Lamar is like a running back he's shifty and can avoid big hits

Stsinaz12

Reaction score

If I was Dak I would take this thing over. It's your team take control. Make the best olay to advance the ball on every down Run if you have do what you have to do. Out the team on your back. Coop doesn't want to play on the road get on HIM about that . It's your team we are going as far as YOU TAKE US. Be a McNair LETS GO!!! Dont worry about any coaches the greats do what they have to. The coaches are a guide you make the rules.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
There's a difference Griffin was smaller and also he was a straight line runner. Lamar is like a running back he's shifty and can avoid big hits
I agree. I was only talking about his desires to be the player he wanted to be.