Video: Michael Vick in Undisputed: Dak should’ve used his running ability

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
How this turd is put on TV is absurd. I refuse to click on that to give it traffic. This guy is a complete embarrassment of a human being.

Finally, i'm surprised we were so far into the thread before someone had this take.

Kudos Swanny.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dak has already had one problem with his dog, i would suggest never listening to that psycho vick.
:clap:
Ray Lewis can talk? Vick can talk?
Who are we, rabble, if we follow these low life exhortations?:oops:
Let the toxic elements go.
Dak is doing well in the pocket.
Dak's gift to us will be keeping blitzers wondering. Run, Dak! But ONLY when needed!!!
Dak, do what you are doing! Other teams wish they had you on roster!
Liking this chap again!
Hip! Hip! Ethiopia Corps!

Swanny

Reaction score
Finally, i'm surprised we were so far into the thread before someone had this take.

Kudos Swanny.
It's a subject that's fresh in my heart right now. I just rescued a dog that was abused, left to die, emaciated and such sevre mange that he has scars all over his body where hair will never grow back. Have had him for 3 months and he is sincerely the best dog I could imagine. 3 years old going blind in one eye because of something happened to his eye. Its infuriating that a human would do that to a dog. Was never a crazy about this type of stuff until I rescued this dog. Now I'm the crazy lunatic who preaches adopt don't shop. Mike Vick is a disgusting human shame on anyone who puts this man on TV.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

For everyone saying Dak’s not a running QB, not a mobile QB, and that he shouldn’t be used as one, take notes from an actual running QB that thinks Dak should run more.

the running qb says a qb should run more, gee who would have thought?!

Zman5

Reaction score
Maybe Dak’s sick of JG and he’s trying to get him fired. Dak’s a long time Cowboys fan. He’s seen this movie before.
He doesn’t want to end up like Romo. He doesn’t want to sacrifice his body so JG could keep his job.
He knows JG will kick him to the side of the curb once Dak’s used up and has a better option
I don’t blame him..

glimmerman

Reaction score
Man coverage and the conditions being unfavorable for passing. Dak should have run on the end zone pass to Jarwin. Only one defender on the left side of the field a lumbering lineman and it looked like Dak had the angle to get to the edge on.

Bayless was right too: Cooper looked and played soft.
I also agreed with shannon, Cooper is hurt don’t know how bad but when healthy he can get open on anyone. The man breaks ankles and knees when he cuts in defenders. Which is likely where his injuries are. He did play soft and uninterested but I think he knew he couldn’t help. And Dak made a career executive decision not to run then. He has a first down easy if he runs. He is looking out for that contract but if he don’t use his legs then we ain’t beating anyone with a winning record. It makes the difference.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Yeah he should have...not first time either. I got to think it’s something they are trying to do elsewhere with the offense.and it’s not happening. Wouldn’t doubt they complete it in practice and know they can do...then games you get a drop,or sloppy pass,sack,miscommunication etc...

TheHerd

Reaction score
Dak shouldn't be running as a regular part of the offense. But at the right time with the right opportunity, he should absolutely run. This is where Red's coaching is bleeding into the players.

Red has rules and his process. And zero sense of when to do something different based on the timing of the game. Dak used to have this sense, but Red is coaching it out of him. Reason #579 why he has to go.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
He should have on 3rd and 7.

But I don’t think it’s something that has to be part of the offense. Dak is a pocket passer who can run if needed.

Vick was never that. He was always run first until
The very end of his career.

it’s a different style of play.

I don’t know about “taking notes” from Vick because he was a running QB. Vick never truly succeeded in the NFL because his passing held him back. Dak is a superior passer to Vick.

Injuries stopped Vick. He was the best dual threat QB ever in college/NFL and the NFL has just now seen a player surpass that ability in Lamar Jackson. LJ is a much better passer than Vick and is having a helluva year(compared to Vick’s best year) this season, no doubt, but to say MV wasn’t successful is silly.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Injuries stopped Vick. He was the best dual threat QB ever in college/NFL and the NFL has just now seen a player surpass that ability in Lamar Jackson. LJ is better than Vick (compared to his best year) this season, no doubt, but to say MV wasn’t successful is silly.

No it’s not. Vick was a horrible passer, especially the first half of his career. His lack of passing ability severely held his offense and team back. He was an awful passer for many years.

shabazz

Reaction score
Excuses excuses excuses and more excuses ....enough already!!!. Can we just go out and beat a worthy team??????:omg:

That Patriots game was so damn winnable. Myself and many others were posting before the game that Dak didn't have to be a lamar Jackson clone and run 70 yards....he just needed to use his legs wisely and convert some 3rd downs with them when the defense had their backs toward him

1 rush for 4 yards and the decision to pass that high floater out the back of the end zone to Jarwin instead of running around a 300 pound lineman was disappointing

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I also agreed with shannon, Cooper is hurt don’t know how bad but when healthy he can get open on anyone. The man breaks ankles and knees when he cuts in defenders. Which is likely where his injuries are. He did play soft and uninterested but I think he knew he couldn’t help. And Dak made a career executive decision not to run then. He has a first down easy if he runs. He is looking out for that contract but if he don’t use his legs then we ain’t beating anyone with a winning record. It makes the difference.

I hope Dak isn't making career decisions like that. It would be kind of dumb, too. He took a huge pounding against the Jets, I think. It's not like a run is so much more dangerous for him. And it will make him more effective, and up his value. Lots of QBs run now.

He makes that run and makes that drive, and he gets the game winning drive against NE at NE. Good for the resume.

Dak is already leading the league in the passing portion of QBR (how about that!). If he got his run QBR up to his normal level, he'd be leading the league in total QBR. Something else that's good for his bargaining position.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Considering the weather conditions, the running game should have been more predominantly featured in that game, including Dak running the ball.
it should have been 75% running especially in the 4th when pats would be getting tired.
But hey who comes up with the game plan? Who calls the plays? Is kellen told to pass more or run more, or is it just him picking a play with no thought about
the situation or game plan?

starfan1

Reaction score
That Patriots game was so damn winnable. Myself and many others were posting before the game that Dak didn't have to be a lamar Jackson clone and run 70 yards....he just needed to use his legs wisely and convert some 3rd downs with them when the defense had their backs toward him

1 rush for 4 yards and the decision to pass that high floater out the back of the end zone to Jarwin instead of running around a 300 pound lineman was disappointing
I agree with you but with your track record on posting about Dak were to be surprised by your disappointment? Im sure had he run more you would have been critical about something else. I'm a huge Dak fan my issue is how stupid can you be to not know that you'll perform better with a glove on. A 4th year pro that wants to be paid in the neighborhood of 35 cant do trial by error.

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That's all Vick knew how to do.

Prescott has stone feet, that's why he's not running. He was never Cam Newton and people need to stop pretending he ever was.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
You have to run when they give it to you. It loosen up coverage and it throws the defense off balance.

dak is too bulky and slow to ever be a true threat as a runner but he should do it a few times a game to keep the defense honest. Just like launching the deep balls a few times a game.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
it should have been 75% running especially in the 4th when pats would be getting tired.
But hey who comes up with the game plan? Who calls the plays? Is kellen told to pass more or run more, or is it just him picking a play with no thought about
the situation or game plan?
No thought about the situation obviously happened as well as the Cowboys' inability to adapt on the fly. Why this happens is what needs to be determined. Dak's decision making is obviously part of the problem, The weather conditions should have been no surprise to him yet he found himself scrambling on the sideline for gloves that he liked.