Mickey: Be Reasonable Judging Young QB

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spagnola-let-s-be-reasonable-judging-young-qb

:popcorn: on this one for sure. 1st it is Mickey, so we have his haters. 2nd he makes some valid points, but we have the Trey haters. :laugh:

He also says what we seen are thing they seen in practice. Throws too high, inconsistent, holds on to the ball longer than needed. However, he also drops some dimes and makes good decisions.

MM did the team no favors by going for it on 4th down every time, except the 65 yard FG attempt. As MM did not make it a priority to win. He wanted to see Trey in certain. and different situations.

Actually read the article for once. :muttley:

Chasing6

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spagnola-let-s-be-reasonable-judging-young-qb

:popcorn: on this one for sure. 1st it is Mickey, so we have his haters. 2nd he makes some valid points, but we have the Trey haters. :laugh:

He also says what we seen are thing they seen in practice. Throws too high, inconsistent, holds on to the ball longer than needed. However, he also drops some dimes and makes good decisions.

MM did the team no favors by going for it on 4th down every time, except the 65 yard FG attempt. As MM did not make it a priority to win. He wanted to see Trey in certain. and different situations.

Funny. All the things Trance is trying to fix Cooper Rush can already do.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Yeah I actually think there was more good to take away from Lance's performance than bad...the issue is the bad was very concerning, especially in terms of his accuracy. You cant really judge that game completely by the results though. MM didn't call that game at all like a real game and sometimes the play calls didn't even fit the game situations. The run/pass splits were so one sided the defense really didn't even respect the run or play action for most of the game. I think the Cowboys were pushing Lance extremely hard in that first game to see how he would respond and if he would keep his fundamentals under duress. In that regard I think he did pass the test, but it really doesn't matter too much if he cant hit the wide open targets consistently.

For game number two it'll be crucial to see if he is still sailing balls high both deep and in the flats. On the mid range throws the guy was money, but outside of that it was ugly.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny. All the things Trance is trying to fix Cooper Rush can already do.
Is that why he missed his receiver by 10 yards in the end zone? After all he is supposed to be as good as Dak. From what I read on here.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
We know that most in this forum are not reasonable fans....except me of course :)

The ability to be an objective Sports fan is challenging when your teams have been unsuccessful as long as this one, and my other one the Reds.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah I actually think there was more good to take away from Lance's performance than bad...the issue is the bad was very concerning, especially in terms of his accuracy. You cant really judge that game completely by the results though. MM didn't call that game at all like a real game and sometimes the play calls didn't even fit the game situations. The run/pass splits were so one sided the defense really didn't even respect the run or play action for most of the game. I think the Cowboys were pushing Lance extremely hard in that first game to see how he would respond and if he would keep his fundamentals under duress. In that regard I think he did pass the test, but it really doesn't matter too much if he cant hit the wide open targets consistently.

For game number two it'll be crucial to see if he is still sailing balls high both deep and in the flats. On the mid range throws the guy was money, but outside of that it was ugly.
His arm strength and athletic ability are top end.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's in his 4th season and is still playing like he's a rookie project pick.

Unless something changes in a hurry, and that isn't impossible, but still unlikely, I don't think there's a whole lot else to say.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

I disagree, MM did him favors. Gave him more and more chances to make plays. Yes, Lance did exactly as I have seen reported from camp... which is stink it up. His decision making is SLOW, he holds onto the ball way to long and has to scramble when he porbably should have thrown the ball. This isnt college. WRs get thrown open, a lot. You arent going to have 5 yards of separation over and over again when you throw.

By the way, lets remember this is Lance's 4th year in the league.... not his 1st.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Why anyone would not want this young man to do well is beyond me. If he fails, so be it....but if he turns it on and succeeds, it would be a huge win for the franchise. Are we Cowboys fans, or QB1 fans?
Rooting against someone and stating the obvious are two different things.

Just like Fantasy and Reality.

I prefer to live in the world of reality instead Jerry's Fantasy World.