Might sound crazy but release Dak and Sign Brady

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Dak is a great guy and a hard worker. But you just can’t teach Elite accuracy at this point in someone’s life. He has solid accuracy and it will never be better than that.
This is why Dak was a 4th rd pick! I hate to say this but I believe we've already seem Dak's ceiling. Hmmmm, 8-8 and couldn't beat the Jets or the AAA Eagles!

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm very Belichick / system > Brady..

I still think Brady makes the entire organization better and raises the standard immediately over Dak.

Long term.. Of course Dak is better.. Short term... I'd take Brady over Dak.

I respect your opinion on this matter, but I would not waste two years on Brady.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I see the Rowdies are out in full force today. :muttley:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak would have done better than Brady did. You forget Belichek is still the coach over there? Even when Brady had clean pockets his passes were terrible and off. He isn't close to being the QB he was and now is a year older.

You're assuming Dak can run a system as complicated as the Patriots and anticipate his throws as well as Brady.

We all know Dak is a guy that waits for players to be wide open and holds the ball a long time and the Patriots system has been the opposite of that with Brady.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
1)rescind tag on Dak or trade him(right for a bag of doughnuts)
2)Sign Brady for two years
3)Trade next 3 years #1's to move into the top 5

Go ahead and pile on...call me an idiot lol

If you want one more SB to equal NE and Pittsburgh, and return to mediocrity for another 10-20 years, not crazy.

But no...

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Dak would have done better than Brady did. You forget Belichek is still the coach over there? Even when Brady had clean pockets his passes were terrible and off. He isn't close to being the QB he was and now is a year older.

Dak is not 1/2 the Qb Brady is. He can't make all the throws that Brady can. Dak would have been a disaster for NE and they wouldn't have even made the playoffs.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't be against a short deal with Brady and drafting someone. But, sadly, that's not going to happen.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Dak is a great guy and a hard worker. But you just can’t teach Elite accuracy at this point in someone’s life. He has solid accuracy and it will never be better than that.
This is why Dak was a 4th rd pick! I hate to say this but I believe we've already seem Dak's ceiling. Hmmmm, 8-8 and couldn't beat the Jets or the AAA Eagles!

Oh my friend you're not crazy. Dak was a 4th rd pick and we've already seem his ceiling. The dude was 8-8 last year and couldn't put away anyone with a decent record. Heck he couldn't be the Jets or the AAA Eagles! ELITE isn't in Dak's vocabulary!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If you're watched much at all of the Pats games, you'll see Brady making tons of throws to wide, wide open receivers (like no defender within 2-5 yards of the receiver), and screen plays where every single block is picture-perfect so the screen goes for 20 yards or more.

Does, or can, the Cowboys' coaches give Brady that?

Don't misunderstand me, Brady is very accurate and has made difficult throws. But I'm of the "it's more Belichick/the system than Brady" school of thought.

Just for that reason alone, I'd pass on Brady...

baltcowboy

Reaction score

You are a idiot but you also a troll.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Dak is not 1/2 the Qb Brady is. He can't make all the throws that Brady can. Dak would have been a disaster for NE and they wouldn't have even made the playoffs.

Say what? Dak has made the playoffs two of his four years with Garrett as his coach, and he'd not make it at all with Belichick (and staff) as his coach?

That makes no sense...

Silly

Reaction score
How much does Dak want?

Only problem with brady is there might not be a season this year because of that which must not be named.

I would like to know why belichick is moving on from brady? If he thought he could win with a smart but immobile QB that could pick a part a defense, then I am sure Brady would still be a Patriot. If belichick doesn't want him, that should be reason enough to stay away from signing Brady.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
No, he hasn't dealt with it his whole career. He is now 42, and will be playing in a different culture. Believing off his career exploits is asinine.
I'm sorry. I now understand that no defense has ever tried to sack him. No matter what 20 years of facts suggest, I will forget all those playoff & super bowl appearances and just accept that he isn't viable even at his age despite the fact he would have far greater offensive protection & weapons around him than he has had in years. Thank you for correcting me.

In seriousness, he is older & he could fail. Everything in life is a risk. However, your statements are too dismissive of his accomplishments & how he has achieved them.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
to the right team, Dak could net us at worst, 2 first round picks, several mid round picks and players. We could retool the team in essence with a haul like that. Mind you, I am a Dak guy...so I am just saying..what you must do is look at which teams are picking in the top 5 this year and see how many first round picks they have...and IF they need a QB. A trade is very viable.
Been saying the same thing since the MM regime change.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
MM may want to remake the team in his own image.
Been saying that as well,, I get no love... lol
and why the Dak deal was held in limbo, yes his agent is an arrogant a ho, but Cowboys FO held back and was there on the table when MM signed.