Twitter: Might the Cowboys be interested in DE Yannick Ngakoue?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some seem to be indicating it's a 1st round. Which is why I responded to it.
So why so low if he is worth that, or is it a contract issue? A low 4th for what was it, $17 million going into his last year on it.
Sorry, I was talking about the projected Quinn comp pick

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. After 25 years we're still trying to figure out this front office.

Don't waste your time on it, I don't. It doesn't matter. Oh I make the occasional comments good and bad now and then, but not obsessed about it. No one can figure out just about any teams FO. Except NE. When you win that much, the fans don't care.
Wait until they have 5 or 6 years of the Garettism 8-8 seasons, then they too will complain. :muttley:

John813

Reaction score
“Okay, we’re ugh...we’re ugh, prepared to give you this year’s 6th rounder and our 5th rounder in the 2025 draft for Nakwondweky.” — Jerruh on the phone w/the Jags.

Stephen, " Hey Yaneck, you'll be happy to know our proposed contract to you includes free food on away flights and discounted luggage fees. How does 8mil a year sound? Honestly, it's a killer deal"

Chuck 54

Reaction score
They franchised him, so they probably want 2 #1’s or something like 1 & 2.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a chance. I expect the Jags would want a 1st rounder for him, and I doubt the Cowboys will accept 2 consecutive years without a 1st rounder, plus he has a big salary ($17.8 million this season), plus he will be an unrestricted free agent after the season.

100% right.

Anyone hoping for this move need to look at the current situations with Laremy Tunsil and Jalen Ramsey, and to a lesser extent, our own trade for Amari Cooper.

Just like with Ramsey, the Jaguars will be looking for premium draft picks plural, for this player. And when a team trades away assets like that? They also trade away any leverage they might have in negotiations on a new contract.

Go look at what Tunsil is demanding from the Texans - $20 million a year! And Ramsey's demands from the Rams will be right there as well. Anybody want to sign on for a situation like that? Didn't think so.

Let the Jets make dumb moves like that.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The money is a lame excuse against. Frederick's contract is coming off the books. You shift that money to the defensive side. Instead of paying 4 big salaries along the OL you're now paying 3. You cut Crawford. It's easily manageable going forward.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
We need other positions like CB, S, WR, DT, C, but those can be found later in the draft. Pass rushers are much harder to find. I’d trade this year’s 1 a s next year’s 2 or 3, but only if I could sign him first.

Gaede

Reaction score
He's 25 and had at least 8 sacks all 4 years of his career. People just want entertainment in the draft. The Cowboys would be lucky to find this kind of pass rusher at 17. I'd do it in a second.

Me too. The draft is fun and all. But we can get a proven player still young at a position we need. The draft is weak at this position.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Also gave him 100 million. You aren't going to go too far handing out deals like that if you are the Cowboys.
Personally Im not against it. Im not gonna bang the table for it, but I'm open to it.

It seems teams are far more willing to deal first rounders for established talent the last few years. The contract control may have lost some value

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Personally Im not against it. Im not gonna bang the table for it, but I'm open to it.

It seems teams are far more willing to deal first rounders for established talent the last few years. The contract control may have lost some value

I couldn’t read your post because of all the banging on the table.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
The money is a lame excuse against. Frederick's contract is coming off the books. You shift that money to the defensive side. Instead of paying 4 big salaries along the OL you're now paying 3. You cut Crawford. It's easily manageable going forward.
It's not the first I mind spending. Some you "Whiff" on IE Taco. I like a proven player as you know what to expect. Maybe accelerated pay or a 1st and 2nd might be a deal breaker. Some people just want to be overcompensated.....makes them feel all warm a fuzzy inside.

ksg811

Reaction score
I'd rather just pay Clowney. He's a better player and wouldn't cost premium picks.

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
Do you? None of us know it, some just think they know it. :laugh:

Many times the non moves this FO makes, works out better. Any many will not give credit for it.
I only go by their track record. Although they have traded or considered trading premium draft picks on players that they consider game changers (Cooper, J. Adams, M. Fitzpatrick). I doubt they consider Ngokoue a game changer though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

What bothers me is the lack of control. Why do I have to give up a 1st rounder for a guy who you don't want to sign and is going to ask for high dollars? For the life of me I still don't understand why the Rams traded for Ramsey.

I think these moves are huge mistakes.

Chiefs may be a different story. They went to the AFC Championship and felt they are a piece away. I wouldn't have traded for Dee Ford if I were the 49ers. Think that is gonna cost them at some point.

If they want a 3rd rounder for him I'm down. I'll pay a 3rd for potential rental. A 1st is just to steep.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be fair, the offered their 1st this year for Adams
That's a fair point. Of course they would have had Adams for much of last season as well as this season, and his contract over that time would have been about half of what just one year of Ngakoue would be.