Twitter: Might the Cowboys be interested in DE Yannick Ngakoue?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Chaisson is in play at 17 and Curtis Weaver maybe at 51. But they would just be a situational guys learning this year.

I agree about Chaisson. I think he's becoming a more likely candidate at #17 ever day. He certainly is for me. And I think the team would be fine with "situational" as long as it brings productivity along with it. The archaic mindsets left town.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's more "stuck with" in my book.

Self-inflicted in my book. The Cowboys can easily get out of this deal, just like they could have last year and saved all of the millions they wasted. But they willingly chose to ignore the obvious then and have thus far willingly chosen to do the exact same thing to this point.

If Gregory can't be trusted to play RDE against the run, give Joe Jackson the chance at those snaps, he's an actual defensive end. Or Dorrance Armstrong, he's an actual DE as well. Stop trying to force a round peg into a square hole with Crawford and line him up inside where he belongs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think the way things are going, teams are valuing established talent over comtract value. Dont know if it's the cap rising, teams being able to manipulate the cap better or both
You think so? Seems like its the same as it has always been to me but I could be wrong.

I guess it just depends on the value of what you are sending. A late 1st rounder is fine. But no one is trading a premium first round pick for this type of talent it seems. I think having a premiere pick for 5 years is enticing for teams.

Let's see where Jamal Adams goes though. He has to be a guy in line to be traded.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree about Chaisson. I think he's becoming a more likely candidate at #17 ever day. He certainly is for me. And I think the team would be fine with "situational" as long as it brings productivity along with it. The archaic mindsets left town.
Man.....that scares me. Getting a situational guy at 17. It wouldn't if they didn't screw up on the Taco pick and the LVE pick looks to be in danger if his neck keeps being a concern.

I'm all for Chaisson there though. I wonder if the decision comes down to Chaisson and Kinlaw who do they take?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man.....that scares me. Getting a situational guy at 17. It wouldn't if they didn't screw up on the Taco pick and the LVE pick looks to be in danger if his neck keeps being a concern.

I'm all for Chaisson there though. I wonder if the decision comes down to Chaisson and Kinlaw who do they take?

If I had to guess? I'd guess Chaisson, and that's simply based on their free agency signings, but it's a tough thing to guess.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Self-inflicted in my book. The Cowboys can easily get out of this deal, just like they could have last year and saved all of the millions they wasted. But they willingly chose to ignore the obvious then and have thus far willingly chosen to do the exact same thing to this point.
I'm hopeful someone 'falls' into the Cowboys lap that will make Crawford expendable.

*cough cough Griffen cough cough*

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What you would absolutely have to do would be to agree on a long term extension. And it would start with what the Bears paid Khalil Mack, 6-years, $121 million, $90 million guaranteed.

And.......on that I'm out. I am not giving him that deal. They don't really have many of those guys anymore but for that type of money I need Ware in his prime. 14-20 sacks a year like JJ and him use to do. But in today's game they don't really exist. And Mack makes since because of how diverse he is. Him and Von Miller I get it. These 4-3 defensive ends like Lawrence?I don't.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I really dont see how you justify trading a top pick and giving this guy a large contract.

How about we give Clowney the one year deal he wants, then sign this guy next year?

First round picks are golden in today's NFL because you typically get high production without having to pay huge money. You cant keep trading picks for vets. The money will catch up to you. See #19.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm hopeful someone 'falls' into the Cowboys lap that will make Crawford expendable.

*cough cough Griffen cough cough*
Crawford is already expendable. I don't even think signing Griffin would change how this team views him. I've come to grips he's gonna be here until his contract goes out. And even then probably will re-sign.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And.......on that I'm out. I am not giving him that deal. They don't really have many of those guys anymore but for that type of money I need Ware in his prime. 14-20 sacks a year like JJ and him use to do. But in today's game they don't really exist. And Mack makes since because of how diverse he is. Him and Von Miller I get it. These 4-3 defensive ends like Lawrence?I don't.

I would never be 'in it' in the first place, and I don't expect the Cowboys are anyway.

You either use a premium draft pick on a great player or you pay big money in free agency.

You don't do both.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People keep talking about Gregory as if he's some quality option you can rely on. He's played 28 games. His career sack total doesn't match Ngakoue's worst season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If I had to guess? I'd guess Chaisson, and that's simply based on their free agency signings, but it's a tough thing to guess.
Its hard to know how they gauge those guys. Like if Kinlaw was rated higher on their board do they still go by their board or they go what they consider a need?

If it was me what we did in free agency with Poe and McCoy wouldn't dictate what I do in the draft. But I'm not sure if they feel the same. They probably feel they can go DT in next years draft and be good.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its hard to know how they gauge those guys. Like if Kinlaw was rated higher on their board do they still go by their board or they go what they consider a need?

If it was me what we did in free agency with Poe and McCoy wouldn't dictate what I do in the draft. But I'm not sure if they feel the same. They probably feel they can go DT in next years draft and be good.

And it's also something to consider what they hope and think they can get out of Trysten Hill (again, their thinking, not mine). But from a free agency standpoint, they've invested in not one, but two defensive tackle positions. For two and three year deals as well. And they've suffered a significant loss at DE and have done nothing there to mitigate that loss. So strictly based on that information, it nudges my guess to the pass rusher. That's the rationale for my guess anyway.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Maybe I'm naive, but I just dont see this guy getting jacksonville a 1st in return.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And it's also something to consider what they hope and think they can get out of Trysten Hill (again, their thinking, not mine). But from a free agency standpoint, they've invested in not one, but two defensive tackle positions. For two and three year deals as well. And they've suffered a significant loss at DE and have done nothing there to mitigate that loss. So strictly based on that information, it nudges my guess to the pass rusher. That's the rationale for my guess anyway.
You just never know. They may feel like people do here and that Gregoryis coming back and they have Crawford. We will see. I like Chaisson based on what I think will be available. I'm not gonna lie and say that pick doesn't scare me. But this is the pitfalls of having a 8-8 season. You get to pick at a spot where you have to pray a premiere prospect falls to you. You are right on the outside of the best prospects here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe I'm naive, but I just dont see this guy getting jacksonville a 1st in return.
Based on his age and his production I can see it. I don't think Philly would do it though. I think they are trying to get Wentz a receiver in this draft and trading that 1st or 2nd would make that tougher even though its a deep draft.