Twitter: Might the Cowboys be interested in DE Yannick Ngakoue?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What bothers me is the lack of control. Why do I have to give up a 1st rounder for a guy who you don't want to sign and is going to ask for high dollars? For the life of me I still don't understand why the Rams traded for Ramsey.

I think these moves are huge mistakes.

Chiefs may be a different story. They went to the AFC Championship and felt they are a piece away. I wouldn't have traded for Dee Ford if I were the 49ers. Think that is gonna cost them at some point.

If they want a 3rd rounder for him I'm down. I'll pay a 3rd for potential rental. A 1st is just to steep.
I think the way things are going, teams are valuing established talent over comtract value. Dont know if it's the cap rising, teams being able to manipulate the cap better or both

quickccc

Reaction score
No thanks, this is an important draft moving forward. We got a 5th round comp pick for Beasley, in place of losing the 6th for Quinn. Which that, since losing him to the Bears will probably turn into a 3rd round comp pick (very nice trade off).
Anyway we have 7 picks, and MM and the FO has us in place to go truly BPA, as we need players at just about every position.
S, CB, DT, LB, tops the list for me. Some will say DE, OL, TE, WR. But for me those drop down the list over the 1st 4 I listed. But we are in a good spot right now and need those draft picks, and need to draft wisely of course.

Byron and Quinn FA departure should be next year's premium compensatory picks that i figure should turn into 3rd rounders, ...we got a pick back for beasleys' big money departure but didn't we still have to surrender another late rounder for the Michael Bennett trade from the Pats ?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
We need other positions like CB, S, WR, DT, C, but those can be found later in the draft. Pass rushers are much harder to find. I’d trade this year’s 1 a s next year’s 2 or 3, but only if I could sign him first.

Looking at his stats, he gets around 8 sacks a year. No way i'm giving up a 1st and more picks for that kind of production. We most likely getting Gregory back, he can get 8 sacks. And we keep our pics.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What bothers me is the lack of control. Why do I have to give up a 1st rounder for a guy who you don't want to sign and is going to ask for high dollars? For the life of me I still don't understand why the Rams traded for Ramsey.

I think these moves are huge mistakes.

Chiefs may be a different story. They went to the AFC Championship and felt they are a piece away. I wouldn't have traded for Dee Ford if I were the 49ers. Think that is gonna cost them at some point.

If they want a 3rd rounder for him I'm down. I'll pay a 3rd for potential rental. A 1st is just to steep.

What you would absolutely have to do would be to agree on a long term extension. And it would start with what the Bears paid Khalil Mack, 6-years, $121 million, $90 million guaranteed.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The money is a lame excuse against. Frederick's contract is coming off the books. You shift that money to the defensive side. Instead of paying 4 big salaries along the OL you're now paying 3. You cut Crawford. It's easily manageable going forward.
Is Frederick's money coming off? Don't they still have guaranteed money that will affect the salary cap? In any case, that would be a lot of money tied to the D-Line, and at least as big an issue is that he only has one year left on his contract.

ksg811

Reaction score
Is Clowney a better player? He's certainly not a better pass rusher.

Based on what? Clowney had a better win rate, more pressures, and more QB hits last season despite playing in 2 fewer games and facing 30% more double teams. Over the last 2 years, they each have 78 pressures with Ngakoue having a 5.5 sack advantage over Clowney. Clowney is also an elite run defender. Ngakoue is even worse against the run than Quinn.

While I agree Ngakoue may be a slightly better pure pass rusher, Clowney is a much better overall player and only costs money. Ngakoue costs money and premium draft capital.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Byron and Quinn FA departure should be next year's premium compensatory picks that i figure should turn into 3rd rounders, ...we got a pick back for beasleys' big money departure but didn't we still have to surrender another late rounder for the Michael Bennett trade from the Pats ?

It was a 7th round pick, that could go to a 6th round pick. Which I believe it did. Bennett has not signed with a team yet. Was hoping he did to offset a FA signing we made.
However not sure where it stands. We lost 9, signed 5. But some of those may or may not qualify toward the formula. @ksg811 was posting this and keeping it updated. Maybe he can tell us where we stand. He has done a great job with it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on what? Clowney had a better win rate, more pressures, and more QB hits last season despite playing in 2 fewer games and facing 30% more double teams. Over the last 2 years, they each have 78 pressures with Ngakoue having a 5.5 sack advantage over Clowney. Clowney is also an elite run defender. Ngakoue is even worse against the run than Quinn.

While I agree Ngakoue may be a slightly better pure pass rusher, Clowney is a much better overall player and only costs money. Ngakoue costs money and premium draft capital.

Based off of Ngakoue having more sacks in 4 years than Clowney has in 6.