Mike asked about the interceptions

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I wish we could imagine it instead of it being true.
I called at the beginning of last year to trade gallup and get something for him before letting him walk. I was told I was crazy blah blah blah. Gallup is barely a #2. Our wr situation was ruined in one offseason. Crazy how bad this front office is at self scouting and free agency

vlad

Reaction score
It's what McCarthy saw

So frustrating because ppl complain including me that Dak won’t throw with anticipation - and a few times like this one it would have been a high level throw and you see the window he saw.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I played WR in high school and our coaches would destroy us if we ran sloppy routes. I was telling my son that these are some of the sloppiest and laziest routes I’ve ever seen in pro football. And there is no way if I was Dak would I feel confident throwing ahead of the WR’s break with this offense.

Facts. I played wr in high school too. We need a wr coach or something to get these wr's to run some better routes. But OC play calling has been

khiladi

Reaction score
Is worth a listen at his press conference today for anyone interested in those plays.

he said on the one He saw the play the way dak did and broke down a bit what Ceedee did wrong.

but the funny thing was when the next reporter asks something on the int in the end zone and why those dudes were on top of each other with that little field to work with “GREAT QUESTION!”

lol you could tell he was kellen what are doing?

So then why did Dak throw it to dudes on top of each other?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So then why did Dak throw it to dudes on top of each other?

Because he ANTICIPATED that they would separate like the route combination calls for... You know how some softheads are always complaining that he waits for the guys to get open and doesn't anticipate.. Seems like he anticipated on both those throws and got bit in the butt. If it's all the same to you I'd rather he just go back to waiting until the receivers make up their minds about what they're doing.

khiladi

Reaction score
Because he ANTICIPATED that they would separate like the route combination calls for... You know how some softheads are always complaining that he waits for the guys to get open and doesn't anticipate.. Seems like he anticipated on both those throws and got bit in the butt. If it's all the same to you I'd rather he just go back to waiting until the receivers make up their minds about what they're doing.

And he actually threw it after the break both times and both times he not only exemplified horrible timing and anticipation, he exemplified his inability to process what is going on right in front of him, as there were multiple defenders in the area…. Thus the issue is none of these Dak fanboys are even addressing the issue of Dak having no business throwing it based on the looks he was being given…

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It's amazing that we've never won anything with a QB that never makes mistakes.
that is a good one lol
I have to say though that I watched that play a number of times, and cd ran a lazy route,
did not do what he should have and seemed like he has no idea that dak has to throw fairly
quick.
to me he appears kinda dumb, and not a intense or disciplined player.
I saw jefferson in the bills vik game, and he is totally different type player.
100 times better than cd, and cowboys could have picked him but jerry wanted flashy cd.

Cd probably sells more jerseys though lol.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait, are you saying one of those two picks was the fault of the OC, and one of the WR's?

How can this be? The panel of experts here on, "I Hate All Things Cowboys," has determined this is all Dak's fault. Something is not adding up. The head coach of a professional football team has a differing opinion from the fans who watch the games on TV.

Who to believe?
So you don't think he might be protecting Jerry's Money? We kicked Dez to the curb. We kicked Amari to the curb. Protecting Jerry's Money. People say Dak and Zeke play...to protect Jerry's Money.

Why would this be any different? Gotta find The (right) Fall Guy.

We always take team statements with a grain of salt, until it lines up with our agendas then we are ALL OVER it like syrup on a waffle.

I still think Dak could have seen that 1st interception be a complete mess....Schultz getting "bumped" early was a huge clue...and all the players just seem to condense. Maybe he could have pulled it down at the last second?

I think these things are OFTEN a combination of little things...and we feel compelled to pick a the least likely to effect our agenda. We protect Our Money, too. :cool:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And he actually threw it after the break both times and both times he not only exemplified horrible timing and anticipation, he exemplified his inability to process what is going on right in front of him, as there were multiple defenders in the area…. Thus the issue is none of these Dak fanboys are even addressing the issue of Dak having no business throwing it based on the looks he was being given…

As I just said...it's my opinion that when Dak saw the bump...he should have suspected a "timing" issue. I'm no expert abut doesn't a quick timing route have to be smooth and mostly perfect? I get it...there's not MUCH time! SO it's the little things that matter.

And for the people the cherry pick out of context stuff just to fight and soothe their cute little egos...NO...I am NOT blaming just Dak. Schultz getting bumped off by the little baby DB...really Dalton? Pick him up and carry him along with you and finish the route sheesh!

So if you quote me...make sure to quote the whole comment, mkay?

visionary

Reaction score

Mccarthy has been HC of Cowboys since 2020

Dak has thrown 4+10+4= 18 interceptions so far under him

can you show me a video where McCarthy said the interception was Daks fault? Unless you believe Dak has not been at fault in any of those interceptions