Mike asked about the interceptions

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not really. Without the tip and if Lamb cuts hard in it's an easy completion or a penalty. The guy who made the INT was the only defender within 5 yards of Lamb. The two underneath guys weren't even in the picture until they turned and ran for the ball. I don't think it was much of a tight window at all. That's a route NFL teams throw 10 times a game every week. I also notice that Lamb's reaction to the INT was to kinda throw up his hands and complain before getting back trying to make the tackle. You run a bad route, you make no effort to adjust to the ball and then on top of it you spend time upset about not getting the ball before continuing to play football. Not a good look. He has got to get better. I could say Dak has to be better too.. but he had no control over the ball being tipped or the receiver not running the route correctly...
Yeah, rewatched it again. 3 step drop back with good pass protection. The underneath guys were flat footed. Ball looked like it could have been tipped, as it was bit high for an over the middle pass. Lamb pulled up and looked frustrated. He either blew the cut, or they were trying a skinny post and the ball was tipped. Hard to say given Lamb's location on the play.
The other options; right side receiver, who was covered like a blanket, dump off short right to Pollard, or to the left flank receiver, who looked open - the corner just let him go by. Obviously, Lamb was the primary receiver. Doesn't look like Dak looked at the Brown on the left flank.
It's a make or break play on third down.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Wait, are you saying one of those two picks was the fault of the OC, and one of the WR's?

How can this be? The panel of experts here on, "I Hate All Things Cowboys," has determined this is all Dak's fault. Something is not adding up. The head coach of a professional football team has a differing opinion from the fans who watch the games on TV.

Who to believe?
Lol

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Sounds like excuses to me. A good QB knows where his receivers are at all times. I understand the occasional mistake but this has happened for what, the 3rd game in a row? It’s a trend and regardless of he said she said, Dak needs to be aware of where Ceedee is lined up and running. Them “not being on the same page” is a bunch of B.S. it’s Dak’s responsibility to get Ceedee the ball no matter what.
Dak can't run the route for him

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I'm not sure the ball was underthrown.. From everything we're hearing the play is designed to cut across the front of the safety. It's the skinny post Michael Irvin used to make a living on. The receiver is almost always going to have to take a hit on it but when properly executed it's a beautiful play. On the end zone INT Lamb pulled up.. and on the second one he went over the top when he was supposed to go underneath. Maybe Dak read it wrong.. but the Cowboys don't have a lot of deep post routes in their playbook. Especially not for the 4.5 receiver.. Now if the receiver had been Turpin or Fehoko I might be willing to listen to talk that it was meant to be a bomb.
Well explained. The football IQ on this board is a head scratcher

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Lamb not saying it speaks volumes.

We expect Dak, McCarthy, and Jerry to scapegoat anyone else, of course.

Lamb is getting mud threw at him from everywhere and he's keeping quiet. I would think if he thought he was in the wrong he would own it, maybe not, but I would think he would be stand up about that.
Because he didn't publicly say it doesn't mean he didn't run the wrong route. The fact that he didn't publicly defend his route......hmm

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I just watched the 2nd INT again and noticed that the ball was tipped (by #55?) at the line of scrimmage. Might that have had something to do with how it ended up not being where it needed to be? I disagree that Lamb would not have gotten there in time though because as it was the ball ended up less than a yard off the line he was on. If he comes across the face of the safety it's either a completion, a PI or illegal contact at minimum. But the tip at the line of scrimmages means we will never truly know where the throw was intended to go but a hard in cut puts Lamb right where the ball ended up.
Even with the tip, the ball got there for an underneath route. Had CeeDee went underneath the safety, one of three things could have happened...he could have caught it in stride and probably 6 points with way the safety was coming. Pass interference cause the safety was making a break on the ball. Or an incompletion as they both would have gotten to the ball at the same time.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even with the tip, the ball got there for an underneath route. Had CeeDee went underneath the safety, one of three things could have happened...he could have caught it in stride and probably 6 points with way the safety was coming. Pass interference cause the safety was making a break on the ball. Or an incompletion as they both would have gotten to the ball at the same time.
Not my favorite play on third down.

conner01

Reaction score
I feel bad for Ceedee. He isn't a good route runner and doesn't know his routes, but he is getting scapegoated for Dak. Yes, Ceedee should have run a better route, but if you look at the play, the safety was already sitting there and did not have to move to make the int. Best case, even if Ceedee ran the route correctly was a contested incomplete. There was a brief window as Ceedee clears the front defender, but Dak holds the ball until Ceedee is into the second level. It was a bad read by Dak. Its just more clear evidence of him not being able to process things.
If he doesn’t know the routes by know he’s sure not worth keeping when his contract is up

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just watched the 2nd INT again and noticed that the ball was tipped (by #55?) at the line of scrimmage. Might that have had something to do with how it ended up not being where it needed to be? I disagree that Lamb would not have gotten there in time though because as it was the ball ended up less than a yard off the line he was on. If he comes across the face of the safety it's either a completion, a PI or illegal contact at minimum. But the tip at the line of scrimmages means we will never truly know where the throw was intended to go but a hard in cut puts Lamb right where the ball ended up.
After watching this play over and over, I agree with you that he would have had time. Did he run an alternate route on a miscommunication, forget the call, or just not do what he knew he should? He could have got the tipped pass.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Shouldn't have let CWill go!

Yeah I really liked him .. Very useful and versatile player.. Seems like a good dude too from his interviews. Maybe with all the WRs the Phins went out and got they release him and we can get him back next year?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I really liked him .. Very useful and versatile player.. Seems like a good dude too from his interviews. Maybe with all the WRs the Phins went out and got they release him and we can get him back next year?
Get the discount? :muttley:
If they pay OBJ big money, I will be pissed.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The safety was well beyond Lamb until he saw the ball coming. He broke on the ball and Lamb didn't. Lamb didn't even look back until he noticed the safety had started coming forward.
If the safety stays put you run over the top. If the safety's backpedaling you catch her out short. The safety wasn't moving until he saw the ball in the air. Lamb ran it long Daj threw it short... it was a miscommunication.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
No Lamb freelanced his route because he read the coverage wrong. He later corrected it and they had a big gain in overtime
The ball is thrown where it should go. Lamb is suppose to come across the safety face , which is underneath.
Dak himself said it was a miscommunication. Lamb saw it one way, Dak saw it another. There would be no miscommunication if it wasn't an option route. Lamb wasn't even looking back for the ball. That's because he wasn't expecting Dak to throw the ball at that point. So you are denying what you yourself saw, and you are refusing to believe what Dak said about the INT.

Dre11

Reaction score
Dak himself said it was a miscommunication. Lamb saw it one way, Dak saw it another. There would be no miscommunication if it wasn't an option route. Lamb wasn't even looking back for the ball. That's because he wasn't expecting Dak to throw the ball at that point. So you are denying what you yourself saw, and you are refusing to believe what Dak said about the INT.

The miscommunication was ceedee being confused. It's been explained 1000 times. It's been pointed out too. Dak saw it right in which he threw the ball where it should be.