Mike Bascik Spills Some Tea on Dak Situation

erod

Reaction score
This is exactly the type of story, that has absolutely no legs, that media personalities use to grow their brand. Can't reveal sources, don't care if they're right or wrong, but get their name out there. Unscrupulous, but effective.
Bascik is a former major league pitcher from the DFW area who has access to athletic trainers in the area.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If all that were true, then I hope Jerry would not do that. Dak and his agent screwed the pooch if this opinion is correct and I really would not feel sorry for him. He has endorsements galore from being a Cowboy.

Yeah.. Who know’s..

I just know Mike Bascik is a solid source.. He wouldn’t publicly just say he has information if he didn’t have it while also confirming the Cowboys know what he does.

Now could he be wrong? Sure..

I’m all for questioning a source but acting like the info isn’t solid and saying I will trust nobody but the surgeon is silly.

Trust whatever you want but this is solid info unless OP botched what was actually said.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I won’t just dismiss this information. To me, it’s not surprising. Once the Cowboys said Dak was ahead of schedule in his rehabilitation, I assumed Dak was going to have his foot amputated.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the story from Fisher or Skip about how Jerry would call in his favorite reporters to leak half truth news relating to injuries when he is in contract negotiation with players.

From sources close to Dak and family said that Jerry told Dak “it’s business but some stuff might come out if you don’t agree to these terms, can you handle the heat?”

The inside source says that Jerry is blown away by Dak’s recovery time, and realizes he can’t use it as a leverage against him.

Moderator Edit: Video removed due to content strictly prohibited on CowboysZone

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You didn't even know who these radio hosts even were until a few minutes ago and now you're immediately discrediting their reporting as false?

Pretty on brand for you.
It's false because it's not sourced and is the opposite of every other credible source, it has nothing to do with who the reporter is. The fact that he's a nobody outside of the DFW market means he's just a guy saying stuff to make a name for himself, making it even less likely to be credible.

"According to sources, and I can't give all the details, ClappingCarrot cheated his way through high school." - Future

Literally 0 difference in credibility between that statement and this report.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Cavanaugh backed him pretty hard so he probably knows the source too...looks like it from tweets...so I’m sure what is being said is backed by others. The thing to remember is that things can be true one minute and not the next. He may be having a tougher recovery but may come out 100%. Both can be true

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
That's the main point I was trying to make to the doubters. Dude would never make a claim so bold if he didn't have the information.
Come on, you can't be this naive.

Have you paid attention to anything on the news, sports or otherwise, in the past decade? This happens constantly.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Anyone hear Cross Talk between Shan & RJ and the K&C Masterpiece this morning on the Fan? Mike Bascik flew off the rails on the Dak contract discussion and made some seriously bold claims.

He said he wasn't allowed to divulge the fine details, but mentioned that Dak is dealing with more than simply a broken ankle and these next 5 to 6 months are absolutely critical for rehab and basically determining if Dak can play football ever again. Mike said that there is a real "20 percent chance" that Dak never plays football again. Mentioned that the Cowboys are aware of the issue that he knows about, and said that it looks like almost an impossibility that the Cowboys fork over 170+ million dollars to a QB that's dealing with what Dak is dealing with. Also mentioned that releasing him after June with a franchise tag is also a realistic possibility.

I'm not strongly for or against Dak being signed here long term, but this certainly ignites some serious discussion. And for the clowns on this forum that will immediately dismiss this as fake news, Bascik is extremely plugged into the network in the Metroplex and also has numerous connections in the local medical network, since he himself is married to a physician. He was dropping hints of Dak having a second surgery over a month before national media got a hold of that story.

This is a crazy development.
:facepalm:

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Come on, you can't be this naive.

Have you paid attention to anything on the news, sports or otherwise, in the past decade? This happens constantly.
I hope you're right. I want Dak to recover and not have any complications in his playing career. I'd love to see the Cowboys win more playoff games with him.

But I listen to Dallas radio every day for hours while working and can confirm that these guys break news sometimes days before ESPN and the other national guys do. Happens almost weekly. If you think guys like Bascik, and Bryan Broaddus, don't have real sources then you're the naive one.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Jerry and every other owner in sports uses media personalities like this.

"I'll give you story X if you don't publish story Y."

There is not a single beat reporter in sports who a) has access to everything they want b) can publish everything they want c) don't have to kowtow to owners and other executives.