Mike Fisher Dak's replacement?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So who is the replacement?
No one really. The DC media guys are bias even though they say they aren’t. But they do have tidbits of insight that is useful. You have to use your common sense and listen to them, but don’t believe them. As far as the national media heads, I don’t listen to them. They’re completely biased. Fisher is one of the worst. He’s hardly ever right.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well there are those that listen to Stephen A and cowturd when it suits their agenda

Fish is BS
ALmost everyone listens to and cites who suites their agenda. Its true across the human spectrum.

I find it interesting those that object to them the most, never or almost never....listens to them.
Having said that, totally true its an entertainment business. Everyone has a bias to one extent or nother.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
If not Dak, then who?
Fish goes thru this and ....well watch the show.

Sign Trey Lance now to a 2 yr deal(22-25 mil a yr). Use him for the 2025 season after he S***s the bed, trade him ur top 5-10 pick a future 1 for the the #1 pick. Fish is slow minded and archaic. It’s not hard to come up with a reasonable plan, Fish can’t see past what the Joneses tell him. It’s apart of the “I know everything insider” routine. He fence sits on everything until the joneses feed him info.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
It’s going to be some kid we draft early, hopefully. Assuming Lance isn’t the guy (I don’t think he is).

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak is 2/5 in the playoffs… grow some ****s and roll the dice, then roll them again and again… I swear some of yall love being a complete joke. I’m embarrassed every yr.
FA, the draft, have already rolled by, so for 2024 what do they do for qb?
I would play lance 1-2 games, decide on him, other than that all they can do is play dak, or roll with hohensee, or rush.

this is what drives fish crazy, jones boys dont sign dak or even try, and they dont get a qb in FA, and they dont draft one even in a
lower round ! So what to do so they can compete this season.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
FA, the draft, have already rolled by, so for 2024 what do they do for qb?
I would play lance 1-2 games, decide on him, other than that all they can do is play dak, or roll with hohensee, or rush.

this is what drives fish crazy, jones boys dont sign dak or even try, and they dont get a qb in FA, and they dont draft one even in a
lower round ! So what to do so they can compete this season.
Yea, can’t do much about this season.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Dak is mentally DONE in Dallas. He has a mental break in the playoffs; he can't handle the Cowboys, the media attention, the criticism in the playoffs and big games.

GET.RID.OF.HIM

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
IMG-20240210-035734.gif

plymkr

Reaction score
Don't pay 50+ million for a guy that has proven multiple times/years he can't get over the hump, don't go with a re-tread (I feel the same way about Head coaches), don't try to re-kindle a guy's career (best option if all else fails). Draft until you find the right guy. Don't care how low the probability is.
I’m not a fan of signing Dak to an expensive extension but regardless I feel we should be drafting QBs or scouring the low level trades (Ala Lance) or churning the bottom of the roster (Ala Honehee) no matter what every single year.

I feel strongly that this organization failed the QB position by getting lazy. We need to do what Green Bay does. Keep looking for the QBs even if you’re happy with the starter because the starter.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of signing Dak to an expensive extension but regardless I feel we should be drafting QBs or scouring the low level trades (Ala Lance) or churning the bottom of the roster (Ala Honehee) no matter what every single year.

I feel strongly that this organization failed the QB position by getting lazy. We need to do what Green Bay does. Keep looking for the QBs even if you’re happy with the starter because the starter.
We have 3 QBs on the roster, Dak, Trey Lance and Cooper Rush. Let's at least find out about Trey before accusing the FO of being lazy.

plymkr

Reaction score
We have 3 QBs on the roster, Dak, Trey Lance and Cooper Rush. Let's at least find out about Trey before accusing the FO of being lazy.
I agree, I guess I didn’t word my post as well as I could have. During the Romo years we didn’t do much to solidify the backup position. Kellen Moore and then we drafted Dak. Luckily Dak turned out to be a decent starter. During Dak’s years we haven’t done anything besides Rush and Dalton. But we didn’t really draft a young guy to groom to play QB. That’s what I meant by being lazy.

This past season trading for Lance was exciting for me. That’s the stuff I want to see. I’ve been a big defender of the Lance trade since the beginning. If Lance doesn’t pan out then I hope they keep doing this with other QBs and not get lazy like they did in prime Romo and prime Dak years. I’m hoping every year we draft someone to groom if Lance doesn’t pan out. Guys with a little more pedigree than Will Grier.