Video: Mike Fisher saying Kellen Moore might play tackle

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It’s important because that’s literally what he was signed to do. He is a swing tackle to backup either LT/RT if they go down with injury or miss time.

Paying a soon to be 36 year old, backup tackle who doesn’t even backup. Why waste the spot? If you’re going to roll with Steele that’s fine. Then bring up a younger guy to get the reps Nsehke would get as the 4th tackle as he’s gone next season
He was signed and then training camp happened and so did the depth chart. I don't understand your perspective unless you are his agent.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched Bosa on Sunday. If he doesn't have 3 sacks by halftime, i'll be shocked. Bosa uses his hands very well and has explosive power. Two things Steele seems to struggle with. The only thing Steele seems to handle adequately is speed

I’m already having Chaz Green flashbacks!
:omg:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
There seems to a great amount of stubbornness when it comes to playing Martin at tackle, despite proven excellent results. Conversely, the team sticks with Steele despite proven poor results.
I have to conclude that behind the scenes Martin just doesn't want to play tackle. Of course he won't say it publicly because he doesn't want to sound selfish or like a bad teammate, but that must be it. McCarthy has spoken highly of McGovern since the summer, so there's little doubt to me that he knows McG-Martin is superior to Martin-Steele. It's the only answer.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Well Jerry Jones just confirmed that Steele will be the starting RT, so Moore might be an upgrade. Over/Under on Bosa sacks is 8.5
Idk what they see in steele. Dude was terrible in the preseason and bad last year. Are we trying to get Dak hurt again? I hope we plan on running it 58 times vs the chargers lol.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I’m already having Chaz Green flashbacks!
:omg:

Except to be honest Green was not facing anything like Bosa....Myles G murder this dude the only thing that saved steele is when Myles moved over and killed knight to give him a break.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Idk what they see in steele. Dude was terrible in the preseason and bad last year. Are we trying to get Dak hurt again? I hope we plan on running it 58 times vs the chargers lol.

Careful questioning the god-like coaching staff with Blueballs70 running around, but I agree completely. He is slow and weak, not a great combo.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Careful questioning the god-like coaching staff with Blueballs70 running around, but I agree completely. He is slow and weak, not a great combo.

Running the ball the McGovern-Martin right side is also way better...MM needs to know if this goes wrong JJ wont back him..I cant believe a HC would play with this fire...

Carson

Reaction score
He was signed and then training camp happened and so did the depth chart. I don't understand your perspective unless you are his agent.
So you’re paying nearly $2 mill for a dude who can’t play?

If I were his agent I would think that crap is great. Get paid to do nothing

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So you’re paying nearly $2 mill for a dude who can’t play?

If I were his agent I would think that crap is great. Get paid to do nothing
He's a placeholder. If it's not him, someone else is going to do it. You don't want to have to reach that far deep in your depth chart for available players so him not doing anything at this point is not a bad thing $2M is petty cash in the NFL.

fivetwos

Reaction score
There seems to a great amount of stubbornness when it comes to playing Martin at tackle, despite proven excellent results. Conversely, the team sticks with Steele despite proven poor results.
Well I'd honestly rather see Steele over Nseke TBH.

For those who dont.....Nseke (I refuse to learn the proper spelling lol) is supposedly the game day swing tackle, and they probably want him to remain that way.

If Tyron goes down forget it. It's not a remote option. He isnt allowed to get hurt lol.

My opinion is that Knight is a pretty good and versatile OL. He has shown more promise than any of the guys that are apparently ahead of him.

Don't know how bad covid hit him, so that could be a factor.....but yeah they do seem to have a soft spot for Steele.

IMO he is similar to Jeremy Parnell. He has potential to be pretty good but he isnt talented enough to not need a few years to reach that point.

Normally I'd say he was thrown into the fire last year and we shouldn't judge the guy on that, but he didn't look very good at all against backups in preseason.

Him at LT vs Jacksonville was tough to look at.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I didn't think so but apparently, Coach Jones thinks the O-line this week will be Martin at RG and Steele at RT.
I thought he did ok. Someone posted a video of him pancaking vea. He went up against a couple of good players. But hey if Steele is better than that then I am feeling much better.

75boyz

Reaction score

It's a true headscratcher for me too. 817Gill, Ninja and I had a backup offensive tackle discussion some weeks back and 817Gill posted PFF's 2020 offensive tackle rankings.

About as bad as you could imagine. Even if you are the most skeptical of Pffs grading system, Knight and Steele graded out as 2 of the worst tackles in the NFL by a good margin. Not replacement starter worthy at all.

I watched Steele and Nyseske in preseason.
Admittedly, I'm not a paid scout or GM.
But from what I saw, there was no improvement in Steeles game at all. And Nyseke looked just as bad if not worse.

Maybe Knight has undergone some miraculous transformation in the offseason but I doubt it as well.

Martin should start in my opinion.