Mike Florio: How Cowboys Created Huge Mess in Dak's Contract Situation | The Rich Eisen Show

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This isn’t going to come out right, but the players SHOULD squeeze the owners.. I have no problem when this happens because of how the owners can handle them when they have the same leverage.
We hear it all the time from management: it's a business.
It's a business for players too.

The game is somewhat dying because of it. Used to have players like Darren Woodson who would kill themselves to win. They weren't "playing". And that's what made the spectacle.

But I don't blame players at all. They should take care of themselves, financially and physically. But the game is less than it was.

calico

Reaction score
Jerry and his seed are getting lapped by the league.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why do i feel like our GMs still run the salary cap like its 2000? Between this video and the other Twitter threads showing what they could do with other contracts, almost feels like they dont have a clue how to manage salaries.
Almost?

kskboys

Reaction score
Or don’t really care since it’s just a business and they are so involved in other areas with stadium events, etc.

They want the control but not the work required to do the job.
Corect.

Jerry has publicly stated that he does not watch tape of possible draftees.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Not going to happen, unless committed to rebuilding.
What do you think is happening here? We are letting players walk, releasing others and nearly silent in free agency.

Not to mention the big one, no extension for Dak. They are content with playing out this season with an enormous cap hit and downgraded roster.

Rebuilding.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What do you think is happening here? We are letting players walk, releasing others and nearly silent in free agency.

Not to mention the big one, no extension for Dak. They are content with playing out this season with an enormous cap hit and downgraded roster.

Rebuilding.
Who did we let walk that we wanted to keep?

So your think we should have kept Gallup and LVE? Ok, good one. That is called addition by subtraction.

Should we have signed Tyron for 1 year $20M?

I am happy so far.

reddyuta

Reaction score
the only play we got is trading Dak,hopefully he will agree to a trade.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Who did we let walk that we wanted to keep?

So your think we should have kept Gallup and LVE? Ok, good one. That is called addition by subtraction.

Should we have signed Tyron for 1 year $20M?

I am happy so far.
I'm happy too. I think this is exactly what this team should be doing at this point. This season isn't going to be a success but it wasn't going to be with these players anyway.

Brooksey

Reaction score
All-in means were not signing playoff choker Dak Prescott and we save 25M in cap.

There may be a block buster trade on the horizon.... Jerry and Jimmy's last big deal

Havic

Reaction score
Trust me guys, I get it, but I've seen Lance play enough to know the grass isn't always greener on the other side lol

I think we get the same result as dak tbh. Even with dak this year, I think we are a fringe playoff team

kskboys

Reaction score

Rebuilding.
In a true rebuild, you trade valuable assets for draft picks.

noletime95

Reaction score
I Wonder if Dak would waive his no trade if he doesn’t get the extension he wants? That would seem to be the best course of act with no extension

kskboys

Reaction score
I Wonder if Dak would waive his no trade if he doesn’t get the extension he wants? That would seem to be the best course of act with no extension
Dak has been a complete ********** concerning his contract. He has been the ultimate team destroyer. And now his horrific strategy has led to this season, where it's highly doubtful we will win more than 8 games.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak has been a complete ********** concerning his contract. He has been the ultimate team destroyer. And now his horrific strategy has led to this season, where it's highly doubtful we will win more than 8 games.
GM Jeruh made the contract.