Mike Jenkins: A Disgrace To The Star...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2395757 said:
Well D had the Giants punt 4 times and caused 3 turnovers but due to Cowboy offensive turnover the Giants get field position at the 27 yard line 18 yards line and against good teams no defense is going to hold them off. Dallas went into the game knowing they could not put themselves in a hole with turnover and had to win the field position game and we didn't in large part because of an ineffective offensive performance.

the steelers held the giants to 4 field goals in the red zone and the giants only scored in the 4th quarter after that safety once momentum has shifted....there's no excuse.

Reaction score
For the apologists among you who think this is an isolated event, think again. Here is what Pro Football Weekly had to say in its 2008 Draft Guide: "As physically gifted as any corner in the draft, Jenkins never has lived up to his potential and might never become the player that he could because of his lack of heart, desire and work habits. Could emerge as a legitimate man-cover corner, but the risk-taking decisionmaker who spends a first-round pick on him had better have long-term security and a lot of tolerance for prima donnas".

It scared me when I saw that we took Jenkins because of this. However, in his first few games, he looked like a football player who was not afraid to stick his nose in there. When I saw his lame attempt at tackling against the Rams, & then that pathetic exhibition he put on yesterday, I have some doubts.

If the coaching staff & players don't corporately & individually tell him "If you ever pull that crap again, we're going to use you as a tackling dummy", then they get what they deserve. Most of the defense showed little heart yesterday, but that was unacceptable.

By the way, how did the Cowboys test Brad Johnson to see if his 40-year old body could still play?.....put a mirror up to his nose?.

khiladi

Reaction score
If this was the safety Roy Williams, everybody would be making excuses...