Mike Jenkins: A Disgrace To The Star...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2394779 said:
Dude, are you kidding? It's football. You're on defense. The ballcarrier is coming right at you. You tackle him. It's that simple.

Yea its football but its easy to F up. Give him a break. He made a mistake. If it becomes a habit i'll agree with you. I've done it before. I know exactly what he was thinking. Atleast I think he was. I've done it in basketball. Sort of expect for someone else to do something they're suppose to do while a guy is coming your way and they don't and you don't react until its too late and it makes it look as if you didn't give any effort. I don't like how it looked. It was embarassing. But it was a mistake. He'll learn from it. He's starting his 2nd professional football game to date. Brian Stewart will chew him a new ****** tommorow.

Deep_South

Reaction score
cowboybacker4life;2394776 said:
i don't know where all the love for Scandrick is coming from Steve Smith abused him all game long

Smith, this years "go to guy" for the Giants, only caught 5 passes for 29 yds.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I looked at that play over and over, and from the first angle (on NFL.com), it looked liked Jenkins thought Burnett was going to tackle him. Burnett had the guard on him, and that caused him to be a step late. I don't think Jenkins gave up. He may have simply misjudged the play and the running back's speed. How can you be so sure that Jenkins gave up? No blogger is in his head. This guy has played hard, and he has started three games. He's played some good football out there, and Dallas would be wise to let Pacman go and go with Jenkins.

If Jenkins dives at him, he likely runs into Burnett if you look at the play. Jenkins may have hesitated, but I refuse to believe he gave up. He might have been able to trip him up by getting a piece of his shoes, but what difference would it have made? I really think Jenkins thought Burnett was going to make that play.

I remember Jenkins making a fully extended dive at a player last week. He sold out on the play and played with great effort and heart. He got up slowly after the play. He put his body on the line for his teammates.

You would think, he would get the benefit of the doubt. It's disappointing.

The defense was worn down in the fourth quarter. They were on the field last week a good amount of time, and Dallas' quarterback play kept them on the field all day long. That is why you saw the bad tackling late in the game. The front was getting destroyed. When you keep giving the other team the ball on your side of the field, you will get your butt kicked.

Rudy

Reaction score
This is the same guy that everyone loved last week and up until the 3rd quarter! There HAS to be a reason why he didn't make a move on that tackle...at least I would really, really hope so.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
They hit a couple of throws on Jenkins today, but when they threw at him near the sidelines, he made the plays. They tested him deep, and he covered it perfect down the sideline. Also, he read the quarterback and picked him for six. Some posts called it 'luck' or 'easy'. He jumped that ball just like Asante Samuel would do. This guy is a bigger, faster, and stronger version of Samuel. Samuel is a great north and south player. He can really break on the ball going down hill. When I watched Jenkins break on the ball going down hill or north and south when he played at South Florida, he reminded me of Samuel.

Mike Jenkins has all the tools a great football player. He is going to get many, many more interceptions before its all said and done.

Again, if Dallas was smart, they would cut Pacman and continue to break Jenkins in.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I wonder if the Giants' fans are calling Aaron Ross a disgrace, because he has been absolutely torched deep this year.

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
The secondary is young so ill give em a free pass this year. If this same stuff is happening next year with scandrick and jenkins then i will be worried.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
You don't just stand there. Hopefully he gets torched for it. I sure hope so. But calling for a suspension is horrible and cutting a number one pick is beyond the realm of reason and reality. A fine and getting flamed in film room is deserved. Hopefully they do more than say we played poorly. I hope they say they're embarrassed and humiliated with shame at the way they have played at times. Poor tackling and lack of effort is just unacceptable.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
First, he does not need to be cut. You dont just cut your first rounders in yr1.

Second, he needs to be called out in the film room. I have watched the play several times and he made no effort at all to tackle Ward, none. This is the most troublesome to me, the fact that he gave no effort and just let Ward score.

Would it have mattered in the outcome of the game?..........NO.

But that is not the point. When I played football in High School we were taught to go "balls to the wall" every freaking play. We were told to not even bother looking at the scoreboard because the score should not affect your play on the field.

You give 110% effort every freaking down, regardless of if you are up by 20 or down by 20. Its all about being able to say at the end of the game that you did everything you could to help your team, regardless of if you won the game or not.

It all comes back to the coach. Do you think Jeff Fisher would let one of his guys just stand there at the 8 yard line and watch the RB blow past him for an easy 6?

Fisher would personally kick his arse when he came to the sideline, but not dear old Wade......................we are family after all.

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2394866 said:
First, he does not need to be cut. You dont just cut your first rounders in yr1.

Second, he needs to be called out in the film room. I have watched the play several times and he made no effort at all to tackle Ward, none. This is the most troublesome to me, the fact that he gave no effort and just let Ward score.

Would it have mattered in the outcome of the game?..........NO.

But that is not the point. When I played football in High School we were taught to go "balls to the wall" every freaking play. We were told to not even bother looking at the scoreboard because the score should not affect your play on the field.

You give 110% effort every freaking down, regardless of if you are up by 20 or down by 20. Its all about being able to say at the end of the game that you did everything you could to help your team, regardless of if you won the game or not.

It all comes back to the coach. Do you think Jeff Fisher would let one of his guys just stand there at the 8 yard line and watch the RB blow past him for an easy 6?

Fisher would personally kick his arse when he came to the sideline, but not dear old Wade......................we are family after all.

I miss BP

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Well, I got up this morning and rewatched parts of the game including #31's play. I watched it several times in slow motion, and I'm sorry but he just flat out gave up on that play. He stuck his arm out and pulled it back as Ward approached him. HE PURPOSELY AVOIDED CONTACT WITH WARD. I'm not buying any of the excuses that people are trying to come up with.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
cowboybacker4life;2394776 said:
i don't know where all the love for Scandrick is coming from Steve Smith abused him all game long

Wrong. Steve Smith abused Anthony Henry all game. Also, when you drop back into a mid-zone because your defensive coordinator doesn't know how to call agressive plays, it's going to appear as if you get beat.

After a week in which we lined up and played downhill defense, we regressed back to trying to be cute with all sorts of different looks and schemes. LINE UP AND HIT SOMEBODY. The good defenses in the NFL play the same defense all game and just swap out players depending on the receiver packages. You don't see the Titans moving people all over the field and running all sorts of silly zone schemes, and they're 8-0 largely on the back of their defense.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2392807 said:
Jenkins has plenty of company when it comes to quitting on plays.

But by the time the specific play being referenced happened, the will of the Cowboys was completely broken and the game was lost.

Don't underestimate how much that influences almost all players.

Nail on the head. :hammer:

Even the great ones make business decisions especially when the game is lost and your coach won't administer the fear of God punishment.

Now don't get me wrong, what Jenk did was terrible but he wasn't the first and won't be the last.

When Romo comes back we better play with vengeance and determination else Wade will lose the team and his job.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
casmith07;2395060 said:
Wrong. Steve Smith abused Anthony Henry all game. Also, when you drop back into a mid-zone because your defensive coordinator doesn't know how to call agressive plays, it's going to appear as if you get beat.

After a week in which we lined up and played downhill defense, we regressed back to trying to be cute with all sorts of different looks and schemes. LINE UP AND HIT SOMEBODY. The good defenses in the NFL play the same defense all game and just swap out players depending on the receiver packages. You don't see the Titans moving people all over the field and running all sorts of silly zone schemes, and they're 8-0 largely on the back of their defense.

Steve Smith had 5 catches for 29 yards, hardly abused :confused:

Yeah, he did also have a TD, but still, hardly "abused".

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Last spring, nobody questioned this kid's athletic ability. He's got good size, quick feet, good burst, etc.

But I've posted over and over about how his college coaches said they had to constantly push this guy.

That particular play yesterday was disgusting, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Keep ignoring the red flags and draft underachievers.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There is no excuse for Jenkins not making an attempt on the play I will say the offense gave the defense no help at all by turning the ball over as they did and failing to move the ball which kept the defense out on the field all day long there is no doubt the defense was exhausted given the lopsided time of position the Giants held in the game not to mention the short field the Giants played on for most of the game

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Chief;2395178 said:
Last spring, nobody questioned this kid's athletic ability. He's got good size, quick feet, good burst, etc.

But I've posted over and over about how his college coaches said they had to constantly push this guy.

That particular play yesterday was disgusting, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Keep ignoring the red flags and draft underachievers.

I didn't hear about that but if that's true then the pick makes me even sicker....Just like the Bennett pick.....the only two picks I actually liked we Choice and Scandrick.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2395190 said:
There is no excuse for Jenkins not making an attempt on the play I will say the offense gave the defense no help at all by turning the ball over as they did and failing to move the ball which kept the defense out on the field all day long there is no doubt the defense was exhausted given the lopsided time of position the Giants held in the game not to mention the short field the Giants played on for most of the game

Stop them and you can get out the field....I don't recall the boys stopping them once in the redzone or really stopping them at all.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
#31 was a disgrace yesterday! Forget the fact that he had a pick-6...there's no excuse for quitting on your team, PERIOD! He should be tar-n-feathered by the team back at Valley Ranch!