Mike Jenkins: A Disgrace To The Star...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2395197 said:
Stop them and you can get out the field....I don't recall the boys stopping them once in the redzone or really stopping them at all.

and the offense would turn right around and hand it right back to the Giants. Hell Dallas gave up 3 turnovers that left the Giants with great field position and against good teams you can't do that. Dallas D did do a lot of good things in that game but the offense continued to put the defense in a hole all day long with turnovers and 3 and outs your defense is not going to hold up for long doing that.

shnagy

Reaction score
Chief;2395178 said:
Last spring, nobody questioned this kid's athletic ability. He's got good size, quick feet, good burst, etc.

But I've posted over and over about how his college coaches said they had to constantly push this guy.

That particular play yesterday was disgusting, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Keep ignoring the red flags and draft underachievers.

And this gave you the opportunity to show your agenda.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
shnagy;2395270 said:
And this gave you the opportunity to show your agenda.

What agenda? Chief is exactly right. That game was Jenkins' scouting report in a nutshell -- talented but lazy... And maybe dumb, too.

thundercowboy

Reaction score
reasons that Mike Jenkins let the rb Ward score without trying to stop him.
1. He'd already done his part by picking off a pass.
2. He was on his cell phone talking to his agent about a new contract after scoring on int.
3. His jock strap needed adjustment.
4. He was busy thinking about how his whole life was going to change after Obama got elected.
5. He had an LSD flashback moment.
6. A hot cheerleader was giving him the eye.
7. Coach never told him he'd have to tackle a runner head on.
8. Brain fart.
9. Couldn't tell if it was Jacobs, Ward or Bradshaw coming at him and thus wasn't sure how to stop whoever it was.
10. He lost a contact.:shoot4:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2395208 said:
and the offense would turn right around and hand it right back to the Giants. Hell Dallas gave up 3 turnovers that left the Giants with great field position and against good teams you can't do that. Dallas D did do a lot of good things in that game but the offense continued to put the defense in a hole all day long with turnovers and 3 and outs your defense is not going to hold up for long doing that.

Yes turn overs happen however that doesn't mean you allow them to score just because your back is against the wall. The offense has carried this defense for almost 2 years now if it sputters some where along the way the D needs to be able to come in and make stops what do they do consistently give up 20+ points per game.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
shnagy;2392647 said:
If I'm not mistaken, the whole team had trouble tackling today, not just one player. You can make the argument that he should have tried, but the game was already out of hand.

Absolutely NO excuse for players having that pathetic attitude!:mad:
Champions do not give up, they leave that to losers.........

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DWhite Fan;2395453 said:
Absolutely NO excuse for players having that pathetic attitude!:mad:
Champions do not give up, they leave that to losers.........

Oh you mean the way that the Giants gave up last year against the Vikings in a game that they got their cans kicked and how they went on to be losers the rest of the year because of that....oh wait.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I'm sure Campo in the meetings today reemed him out for that, I for one am not ready to give up on a 1st round draft pick 9 games into his career. His mistakes can be corrected in time. I think emotions are running a little high today.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2395192 said:
I didn't hear about that but if that's true then the pick makes me even sicker....Just like the Bennett pick.....the only two picks I actually liked we Choice and Scandrick.
Most NFL draft experts loved our draft. The biggest Comment was taking Bennett instead of a WR, but that has since been corrected with the RW trade.

DWhite Fan

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2395483 said:
Oh you mean the way that the Giants gave up last year against the Vikings in a game that they got their cans kicked and how they went on to be losers the rest of the year because of that....oh wait.

I could care less about the Giants.

Like it or not, Champions do not give up. What you saw from Jenkins yesterday was disgusting. That is not what being a Dallas Cowboy is about :starspin

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2395361 said:
Yes turn overs happen however that doesn't mean you allow them to score just because your back is against the wall. The offense has carried this defense for almost 2 years now if it sputters some where along the way the D needs to be able to come in and make stops what do they do consistently give up 20+ points per game.

D did come in and get turn over and sacks and was able to get the ball back into the hands of the offense and again the offense failed to do anything you

shnagy

Reaction score
DWhite Fan;2395519 said:
I could care less about the Giants.

Like it or not, Champions do not give up. What you saw from Jenkins yesterday was disgusting. That is not what being a Dallas Cowboy is about :starspin

Wait, you don't care about the Giants, yet they won the "Championship" last year. :confused:

DWhite Fan

Reaction score
I am not giving up on Mike Jenkins. He will be an excellent player.
I lay at the feet of Wade the responsibility for the "game is over mentality" that seem to appear in the second half. The defense didn't have a lot of help from the offense yesterday. I am sure they got frustrated, but that doesn't excuse giving up on plays. The "never say die" attitude must be instilled by the coach, if we had one...........:banghead:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DWhite Fan;2395664 said:
I am not giving up on Mike Jenkins. He will be an excellent player.
I lay at the feet of Wade the responsibility for the "game is over mentality" that seem to appear in the second half. The defense didn't have a lot of help from the offense yesterday. I am sure they got frustrated, but that doesn't excuse giving up on plays. The "never say die" attitude must be instilled by the coach, if we had one...........:banghead:

I agree with you there, totally, and I don't like that he gave up on the play, no doubt, but my point simply was that it's not the only time it's ever happened and to just throw out that line 'champions don't quit' is faulty and has been proven wrong before.

They shouldn't, and you hope they wouldn't, but these guys are still human and when you're getting your tail end kicked, and your offense has basically mailed it in cause their QB play is awful, it does become hard to stay focused and still do what they should have done.

I do hope it never happens again but I'm not going to hate on him for one really stupid play.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2395505 said:
Most NFL draft experts loved our draft. The biggest Comment was taking Bennett instead of a WR, but that has since been corrected with the RW trade.

I don't really care what these quote on quote draft experts had to say.

Doomsday101;2395639 said:
D did come in and get turn over and sacks and was able to get the ball back into the hands of the offense and again the offense failed to do anything you

So because the offense is struggling the D should just give up ?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2395688 said:
I don't really care what these quote on quote draft experts had to say.

So because the offense is struggling the D should just give up ?

They did not give up but if you keep hammering on a wall that wall will break.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2395498 said:
I'm sure Campo in the meetings today reemed him out for that, I for one am not ready to give up on a 1st round draft pick 9 games into his career. His mistakes can be corrected in time. I think emotions are running a little high today.

I hope you're right, but I don't know about Campo. As soft as everyone says Wade is, at least in Hard Knocks he got into people a couple of times. All Campo did was take dancing lessons from Pacman and get his shorts yanked down. I think he was one of the worst hires we made last year.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2395706 said:
They did not give up but if you keep hammering on a wall that wall will break.

.....apparently the wall broke on the first drive off the game.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2395709 said:
I hope you're right, but I don't know about Campo. As soft as everyone says Wade is, at least in Hard Knocks he got into people a couple of times. All Campo did was take dancing lessons from Pacman and get his shorts yanked down. I think he was one of the worst hires we made last year.

Agreed.

If Campo does say something, Jenkins will just pants him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2395726 said:
.....apparently the wall broke on the first drive off the game.

Well D had the Giants punt 4 times and caused 3 turnovers but due to Cowboy offensive turnover the Giants get field position at the 27 yard line 18 yards line and against good teams no defense is going to hold them off. Dallas went into the game knowing they could not put themselves in a hole with turnover and had to win the field position game and we didn't in large part because of an ineffective offensive performance.