Mike Leach on QB accuracy

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Poor Dak trolls were having the season of your lives when we were 3-5. Then we got Cooper and fired the Oline coach and Dak went 7-1 and won a playoff game and you little cry babies got flushed down the toilet.

Then for good measure he made the pro bowl as if it wasnt enough embarrassment for you.

Soon Dak will ge resigned to a big contract and you will kick and scream some more. Music to my ears buddy. Keep up the bad fight. What the heck, you look silly already. No shame looks good on you. :yourock::yourock:
Shut pappygoob up for a few weeks and the world breathed easy.
Those were Halcyon days...

cern

Reaction score
This thread is mostly crud and, I'm afraid to say, I am one of it's larger culprits.

Can we just burn this thread in a crematorium and move on to the next, fresher garbage thread we can all piss on?

Seriously.
I suggest an excretatorium. Convert the bs to a fuel source. You still have the aroma, but get something useful from it.

Corso

Reaction score
I suggest an excretatorium. Convert the bs to a fuel source. You still have the aroma, but get something useful from it.
If only my friend...
In all honesty, the Universe would convert it into a cow fart, which is what's happening now to our intellectuality.
Yup. I made that up: Intellectuality and I intend to use it many more times before I leave this Universe.
Or... as I believe, disperse.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Poor Dak trolls were having the season of your lives when we were 3-5. Then we got Cooper and fired the Oline coach and Dak went 7-1 and won a playoff game and you little cry babies got flushed down the toilet.

Then for good measure he made the pro bowl as if it wasnt enough embarrassment for you.

Soon Dak will ge resigned to a big contract and you will kick and scream some more. Music to my ears buddy. Keep up the bad fight. What the heck, you look silly already. No shame looks good on you. :yourock::yourock:
You just don't understand critical thinking Roy. Or thinking at all.

Good night. Sweet dreams.

cern

Reaction score
If only my friend...
In all honesty, the Universe would convert it into a cow fart, which is what's happening now to our intellectuality.
Yup. I made that up: Intellectuality and I intend to use it many more times before I leave this Universe.
Or... as I believe, disperse.
Well, since we're being honest, i made up excretatorium. Fyi, intellectuality is a word.:)

Corso

Reaction score
Well, since we're being honest, i made up excretatorium. Fyi, intellectuality is a word.:)
What?! I looked it up! And kudos on "excretatorium", by the by.
I enjoyed the use of it!

starcity214

Reaction score

This guy is seriously saying Dak making the Pro Bowl (because other better QBs declined) is something to be proud of.. lol

I guess it served it's purpose because it gave his staff, uh I mean supporters, something to hang their hats on..

On that note, did you see that stretch of games this season where Fitzpatrick looked like a legend? Thing is, the difference between Fitzpatrick and Tom Brady is consistency.

Every dog has his day as they say..

I seriously question if some people are fans of the team or just Prescott family members sometimes.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I find it amazing some are saying he is inaccurate, which is by all accounts just flat out silly.

And he throws beyond 15 yards at a league average rate, so "which he diesnt even attempt too often" is also a lie, and on those throws he is better than average.

And that's why most people start liking Dak more than they should, because most of the criticism is rooted in baseless lies like these.

Its not just some that are saying that he has accuracy issues. It's former head coaches like Jimmy Johnson. Quarterbacks. Its former hall of fame quarterbacks like Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach. There other things that are good about Dak, but the way you guys are now trying to turn things on their head by saying Dak is accurate makes it sound like you think you know more about football then these people who disagree about his accuracy. Also I'd buy your point a little more, about dak throwing past the 15 yards at league average rate for 2018, if you provide some links to show that we are mistaken.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
We don't target up the seam, we dont even send receivers up there, that is playbook. Until late in the season wuth Jarwin when Dak DID throw tight window throws up the seem and it was crazy productive. He might not try right window throws up ththe seem often, but he throws tight window throws in general all the time.

Lol "never before a receiver comes out of break" as if you didnt watch how he won us the Giants game in week 17.

So both are false.

Even if this was true, what's your point? Had nothing to do with my post.

You'd have more credibility around these parts, if you stop bringing up week 17 games during a winning season. I mean you guys are acting like Week 17 isn't almost like a preseason game in meaningfulness and instead elevating it to playoff levels. XD lets not make week 17 our superbowl.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You'd have more credibility around these parts, if you stop bringing up week 17 games during a winning season. I mean you guys are acting like Week 17 isn't almost like a preseason game in meaningfulness and instead elevating it to playoff levels. XD lets not make week 17 our superbowl.

You'd be more credible around here if you brought up actual points, but here we are.

It also makes you look bad when you're so quick to dismiss week 17, because of your agenda. No one is making it a Super Bowl, that's a figment of your imagination that comes up quite often LMAO. You're acting like week 17 was a preseason game, and that's embarrassing, no one is elevating it to a playoff game. Again you just make stuff up lol.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Romo was like that, threw more at the receiver instead of in front of him except when it was the bigger and slower Witten shielding the defender with his body.

That brings up another one of my concerns about Dak that I have. I wonder if he is only good with one kind of receiver, the ones whose strength are that they are exceptional route runners. Which is all fine if you have a lot of them, but Romo seemed more versatile and could use wideouts that had other strengths besides the route running like Dez. Like when Romo illustrated where Dez should've thrown the ball for dez to catch it. The best receiver for Dak so far is Cooper, who besides being a great route runner also mentioned that he makes adjustments to the ball. Which probably explains why Dak connects to him more than he does Gallup who also is a great route runner, but isn't as good yet as Coop at adjusting to the ball. At least that is my opinion on what I see. Not fact, just my own personal analysis

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You'd be more credible around here if you brought up actual points, but here we are.

It also makes you look bad when you're so quick to dismiss week 17, because of your agenda. No one is making it a Super Bowl, that's a figment of your imagination that comes up quite often LMAO. You're acting like week 17 was a preseason game, and that's embarrassing, no one is elevating it to a playoff game. Again you just make stuff up lol.

No Week 17 is generally dismissed, because it is considered a meaningless game. People compare it to a preseason game in fact. Many people, each year. XD If you don't know this then I question your football knowledge. The game was meaningless to the cowboys because winning it didn't effect the playoff picture. The game was meaningless to the giants because winning it would make their draft pick worse. In fact, it was in the best interest for the giants to lose that game, and for the cowboys to not play their best players because of fear of injury. It is kind of embarrassing in fact, that you guys are elevating it to your superbowl, because that is exactly the kind of stuff people on other forums make fun of our fan base for. Shoots if you were someone on the ES forums , I'd be enjoying making fun of their fan base for it right now, for making it their super bowl, such a meaningless game. XD

starcity214

Reaction score

I heard Jason Garrett put up legendary stats in a thanksgiving game one time he came in for an injured Troy Aikman.. my question is, why isn't Jason Garrett in the freaking Hall of Fame?! He must have some haters that didn't watch that ONE time he looked good.

I also remember watching Blake Bortles having a 500 yard 5 TD game once.. aren't the JAGS luvky to have him?

Mahomes and Rodgers put up great stats week in and week out because to them, that's a Normal day at the office. And before you say it's our systems fault go look at the stats Goff put up this year on a running team.

I keep telling you guys that Dak is an average QB. Even the Case Keenums and Blake Bottles of the world have good games here and there but they're not good enough to be consistent.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So...

We're going into his fourth year as a starter..

And at least his 8th year playing the position since college and HS.

And the guy still has to learn to be accurate?

Maybe he just doesn't have it.

On that note, Patrick Mahomes throws a better more accurate ball when he's off balance and looking the other way than Dak does when he sets his feet.

For those of you that say Accuracy is overrated, let me assure you that it's the most important thing a QB possesses. It's not leadership or brains. If you can't get the ball where it needs to be you will struggle.

"Duuh, why can't we run rubb routes like the Patriots ?!"

Because it takes an accurate QB throwing pin point passes or else if he's off by just a little it will be a pick.

"Duuh, why can't we run an offense like Andy Reid's?!"

Because it takes an accurate QB to throw those RAC routes. The QB has to hit his receivers in stride and lead them so they don't have to slow down to make a catch. Joe Montana was great at this.

I feel sorry for Moore. He will literally have to reinvent the wheel to make Dak a top 10 QB.

Poor Moore :( the new Scapegoat as Dak will continue to be Dak....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I heard Jason Garrett put up legendary stats in a thanksgiving game one time he came in for an injured Troy Aikman.. my question is, why isn't Jason Garrett in the freaking Hall of Fame?! He must have some haters that didn't watch that ONE time he looked good.

I also remember watching Blake Bortles having a 500 yard 5 TD game once.. aren't the JAGS luvky to have him?

Mahomes and Rodgers put up great stats week in and week out because to them, that's a Normal day at the office. And before you say it's our systems fault go look at the stats Goff put up this year on a running team.

I keep telling you guys that Dak is an average QB. Even the Case Keenums and Blake Bottles of the world have good games here and there but they're not good enough to be consistent.
I think I’ve come to the conclusion we really can’t have this conversation amongst some Cowboy fans. It’s much like with Romo all of those years as there’s a select vocal few who simply won’t stand for any criticism .

And why we’re really better off either not having this discussion or at least not on a Cowboys fan forum. The QB position is obviously ultra sensitive to a group of fans unlike any other discussion of a position , coaches or owner.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Poor Moore :( the new Scapegoat as Dak will continue to be Dak....
No ones job is safe as long as Dak is our guy and Jerry’s intent on proving he made the right decision.

But we need a QB. So until we pursue another one this is it.

We’ve got to find a way to win A championship with him which includes interchanging those around him from receivers to coaching hoping to find some combination that elevates Dak to the level we need since Jerry seems intent on going with him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's be real here for a minute.
The chances that Jerry is letting Dak go anywhere are extremely slim to none.
Regardless of how you feel about Dak I can't see any scenarios where he isnt a well paid cowboy for the foreseeable future.
I would suggest the odds of Jerry Jones divorcing himself from Dak Prescott are none to none. Jones made his evaluation crystal clear midway during Prescott's rookie season. Critics should set aside their impressions of Prescott for a moment and ask themselves whether Jones has, since that point, witnessed anything from Prescott that would have changed Jones' mind. Critics can stop trying to put Jones in their shoes. Critics can consider Jones' eyes are not their eyes. Additionally, Critics can remember who Jones is and not who they want him to be. Reality will finally seep in after personal acknowledgement of who is the one decision-maker on the planet in this situation.

Hadenough

Reaction score
No ones job is safe as long as Dak is our guy and Jerry’s intent on proving he made the right decision.

But we need a QB. So until we pursue another one this is it.

We’ve got to find a way to win A championship with him which includes interchanging those around him from receivers to coaching hoping to find some combination that elevates Dak to the level we need since Jerry seems intent on going with him.
Well said!
We have seen a similar story play out in KC for long time. Alex Smith was just good enough to stop searching for a franchise QB. Some will say KC didnt win anything this year with Mahomes but what they did do is hands down solidify the QB position for the next 12 - 15 years and now the focus will be on defense. I bet if Dallas contacted KC about trading Dak, Zeke and Lawrence for Mahomes they would laugh.

superonyx

Reaction score
Well said!
We have seen a similar story play out in KC for long time. Alex Smith was just good enough to stop searching for a franchise QB. Some will say KC didnt win anything this year with Mahomes but what they did do is hands down solidify the QB position for the next 12 - 15 years and now the focus will be on defense. I bet if Dallas contacted KC about trading Dak, Zeke and Lawrence for Mahomes they would laugh.
So what?
I bet if any team contacted KC about any 3 players on their roster for Mahomes the laughing would be the same. You tried to make a point without it being a point.
Who are you replacing Dak with? Mahomes wasnt picked up in the late 2nd round. Mahomes also isnt a rookie. So if one were to buy into your KC theory then we would need to wait until next year when we have a first and then move up to the top 10 (top 1-3 realistically) and draft a QB. Then since we are pretending to be following Mahomes footsteps we need to let him sit a year and now we are 3 years away from having the next Mahomes.

How does any of this sound logical?