Mike Mayocks last Mock just went live

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Anytime you add a guy with Brockers' measurables, he'll make your team better. And all scouts pretty much agree that his best football is ahead of him. There's no guessing game like there is with Poe.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I'm good with the pick. We need some help on the DL desperately. Maybe it signals that this team finally gets it and wants to build in the trenches. Would also be happy with Decastro.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4524389 said:
All the people who hover around Valley Ranch kinda bring up the same names ... Brockers, Casey Hayward, Ryan Broyles.

They are hot around there

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
If Brockers is our pick I hope the scouts are right and he's a stud.

Right now, I see nothing more than using a 14th pick on a glorified two down run stuffer.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
SDogo;4524375 said:
Dont waste your breath, defending Brockers in any way around these parts is a lost cause.

I just think it's funny in all honesty.

I like Decastro better myself but I value a DL more than a guard and it's going to be good to know that the Cowboys do too.

Im curious as to how many fan on here would not want Marcel Dareus with the reasoning they are using for not wanting Brockers.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I dont believe KC would pick Barron and i would rather have Gilmore than Brockers.Gilmore provides us with a safety net if we dont re-sign Jenkins.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4524389 said:
All the people who hover around Valley Ranch kinda bring up the same names ... Brockers, Casey Hayward, Ryan Broyles.

That would be a nice haul. If we could also somehow add an OL with a 2nd-3rd round grade, i'd call that a strong draft class.

SDogo

Reaction score
CATCH17;4524406 said:
I just think it's funny in all honesty.

I like Decastro better myself but I value a DL more than a guard and it's going to be good to know that the Cowboys do too.

Im curious as to how many fan on here would not want Marcel Dareus with the reasoning they are using for not wanting Brockers.

I agree on all accounts

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
CATCH17;4524406 said:

I've gone to a few Bills games and Dareus is absolutely huge.

Ren

Reaction score
Only thing worse then having Spears on your DL has to be having 2 Spears ,but hey, he might be good at something other then the run one day :bang2:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
JohnsKey19;4524415 said:
That would be a nice haul. If we could also somehow add an OL with a 2nd-3rd round grade, i'd call that a strong draft class.

I haven't heard one name consistently mentioned in that 2nd round range, but I imagine the Cowboys would hope one of the guards falls to #45. We know Callahan went to Wisconsin to work out those guys, and they brought Amini Silatolu in for a personal visit. Norm has mentioned something the last few days about Konz sliding. If Konz starts falling to the late 30's/early 40's it would be hard not to get on the phone and move up a few spots. Being assured a no questions asked Day 1 starter in the 2nd round is worth whatever you have to give up to move 7 or 8 spots at that point in the draft.

DFWJC

Reaction score
wow
Casserly has DeCastro going 29th.

Also, everyone is now locking in Miami with Tannehill. I still says it's 50-50. I guess we should hope they take him though.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I whole-heartedly believe that if Gilmore is there the 'Boys sprint to the podium with his name.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Dash28;4524403 said:
If Brockers is our pick I hope the scouts are right and he's a stud.

Right now, I see nothing more than using a 14th pick on a glorified two down run stuffer.

I don't want Brockers but I don't get this sentiment. Brockers would definitely slide in to DT in our four-down nickle and dime sets.Brockers next to Rat could be ridiculous.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
DBOY3141;4524387 said:
Every draft is. Last year it was Smith. This year will be the same.

Brockers become's our 2nd best d-lineman and best run stuffer from day 1.

If we come back and get Zeitler in the 2nd and they think he can play center then we've beefed up both lines.

The reason Dallas would pick him is because they have nobody else.

Being the best when there's literally nobody else in the competition isn't some grand achievement.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
CATCH17;4524406 said:

What reasoning is that? Just wondering for my information.

I like Brockers and was really high on him a month ago until everyone made him sound so risky and a bad pick at 14 so I'd like to reinforce my previous thoughts on him.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
DFWJC;4524430 said:
wow
Casserly has DeCastro going 29th.

Also, everyone is now locking in Miami with Tannehill. I still says it's 50-50. I guess we should hope they take him though.

If DeCastro drops to the late 20s, I hope Dallas moves up.

SDogo

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4524441 said:
The reason Dallas would pick him is because they have nobody else.

Being the best when there's literally nobody else in the competition isn't some grand achievement.

It would be the pick because they have him that high on the draft board, teams are not forced to settle for anyone. That's why they put together a draft board.

The hate for Brockers is making people lose their ability to form rational thoughts.

Being objective is the only way to survive the draft with out driving yourself crazy and putting your blood pressure into another atmosphere.