Mike McCarthy and Dak Prescott should give Jerry Jones an ultimatum

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nor do I. I have no idea what's in their heads. However, I think this is logical and likely. Everyone in the NFL is replaceable anyway. I think, logically, such a move by Dak would naturally lend more of a reason to Jerry to do what he can to build the best team he can build with the capability of stopping physical teams and beating them. In other words, it might cause Jerry to think about how he's built this team.
My comment was only to suggest Tyler Biadasz should not be an exception.

kskboys

Reaction score
Your are also missing 1 very important piece of information. Dallas does not want to trade Dak. If they did, why would they have agreed to a no trade clause to begin with??!
A no trade clause is simply a bargaining chip in negotiations. All it means is that he can choose where he gets to be traded to.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Your are also missing 1 very important piece of information. Dallas does not want to trade Dak. If they did, why would they have agreed to a no trade clause to begin with??!
Perhaps, but maybe Dak can tell them that he doesn't want that clause. I doubt the way they felt entering negotiations last time is the same as how they view the current situation. Dak is about my age (well, I am a tad older than him as I was born in December 92) as I'm 31. He probably has around 3-5 years of actually being able to play at a high level before his career inevitably winds down. I think he should think about his legacy. He got the bag last time. He has a lot of great records with the Cowboys. What he needs is a Super Bowl title. This is why I wrote the OP from the angle that, if I were Todd France, I'd suggest to him this angle. Perhaps, if Jerry can't commit building a top team, then maybe another team will.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
My comment was only to suggest Tyler Biadasz should not be an exception.

Oh, to be sure. I didn't see it from that side, but yes, I agree with you. I'm not saying it'll be easy, but perhaps there's a lot of different ways for upgrades to happen, but the biggest focus should be, imo, on becoming more physical. Especially since we know the rules of the NFC East lol.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We weren't talking about Dak taking a team friendly deal, were talking about Dak and McCarthy issuing ultimatums and making demands of Jerry

Yes, but the ultimatum and team friendly are not mutually exclusive. I will concede that McCarthy is in a worse place than Dak to be doing any of this. However, Dak holds a lot of cards that he can play with Jerry. I agree if he comes in straight up demanding a better team, Jerry would have no reason to agree to it just by demand alone. However, Dak can use the cards with his contract to try to get Jerry to build him a better deal. By making, if you will, an ultimatum that he will only sign a team friendly deal if he can receive a legitimate commitment from Jerry that he will build a team that can compete with the elites of the league. Doing this could cause Jerry to take building a champion seriously. That's the way I see this.

Chasing6

Reaction score
689 yds/5 TDs 1 INT/111.9.

Those are his stats in the 3 super bowls.
Troy Aikman had a passer rating of 88.3 with 3,849 yards, 23 touchdowns and 17 interceptions in 16 games in the playoffs in his career.

So if he played that well in the SB, then the team must have carried his *** to get there. Subtract his SB stats from his overall career playoff stats and it is horrendous.

18 TD and 16 interceptions in 13 games. Subtract a 112 SB rating from an 88.3 career playoff rating and you would most likely bring him down to the high 60's.

So how do we know Dak would not play phenomenal in the SB? Troy played like crap in a dominate NFC playoffs, to look like a hero beating weak AFC teams in the SB.

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
A no trade clause is simply a bargaining chip in negotiations. All it means is that he can choose where he gets to be traded to.

Exactly, and maybe he offers it to be removed or modified to where it becomes a player option. If he things are not progressing as Dak sees fit to where the team is able to win a title or if, in say 2 years, we are clearly nowhere closer to winning a title, then it can trigger a team response of initiating trade talks with teams involving Dak. In other words, the end game is that, within 2 years, we'd need to either be in the NFCC and clearly able to compete for a SB, or Dak should be traded after two years to a team that will take him. Or, they can have a cut clause that acts similarly to the trade clause. This puts pressure on both sides to succeed. Thus, they either go to the NFCC and can clearly see a path to winning a SB within 2 years, or they part ways after two years.

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly, and maybe he offers it to be removed or modified to where it becomes a player option. If he things are not progressing as Dak sees fit to where the team is able to win a title or if, in say 2 years, we are clearly nowhere closer to winning a title, then it can trigger a team response of initiating trade talks with teams involving Dak. In other words, the end game is that, within 2 years, we'd need to either be in the NFCC and clearly able to compete for a SB, or Dak should be traded after two years to a team that will take him. Or, they can have a cut clause that acts similarly to the trade clause. This puts pressure on both sides to succeed.
He'd have to resign to play two more years. He is a FA after this season, and it's in his contract that we cannot franchise him. If he wants to leave after 2024, there is nothing we can do to stop him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He'd have to resign to play two more years. He is a FA after this season, and it's in his contract that we cannot franchise him. If he wants to leave after 2024, there is nothing we can do to stop him.

I'm saying assuming he takes a team friendly deal. I'm saying, if he and Jerry were to agree to a team friendly deal with a commitment from Jerry that Jerry will pull out all the stops to build a team that can win a SB, then they should have a clause that triggers after two years (assuming another 4 year deal) if the team or Dak are not satisfied with where the team is.

kskboys

Reaction score
Troy Aikman had a passer rating of 88.3 with 3,849 yards, 23 touchdowns and 17 interceptions in 16 games in the playoffs in his career.
Tom Brady's playoff rating is 89.8, BTW. Payton Manning is 87.4. Steve Young, 85.8. Terry Bradshaw, 83. Dan Marino, 77.1. Roger Staubach, 76.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Tom Brady's playoff rating is 89.8, BTW. Payton Manning is 87.4. Steve Young, 85.8. Terry Bradshaw, 83. Dan Marino, 77.1. Roger Staubach, 76.

Dak Prescott has a passer rating of 91.8 in the playoffs in his career.

Tony Romo had a passer rating of 93.0 with 1,316 yards, 8 touchdowns and 2 interceptions in 6 games in the playoffs in his career.

And your point is what exactly???

Sooner or later some of you will figure it out that football is a team sport.

kskboys

Reaction score

Tony Romo had a passer rating of 93.0 with 1,316 yards, 8 touchdowns and 2 interceptions in 6 games in the playoffs in his career.

This was your point, dude. You are using Aikman's playoff rating as an argument point. I shot down your point in a blaze of glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, you gotta figure stuff out for yourself first, before you start proclaiming others need to figure it out!!!

vlad

Reaction score
According to Broddus (hopefully, I spelled his name right), Stephen basically runs a lot of the operations anyway (from a video I watched from him, not sure I can post the video here). Maybe him getting the HC and QB demanding more talent around them can wake him up that what he's doing isn't working.
I think it’s been long well known to any pyscho fans like is that Stephen been running the show in any material way in terms of football decisions day to day, Jerry jumps in for stuff like executive stuff like coaches and then the great monkey wrench of players going straight to him.

That’s why i think we’re screwed with Stephen, I’d rather see Charlotte run it at this point, on the hope she’d get out of the way.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hate Jerry Jones more than anyone ......... but what gives Mike or especially Dak the right to make ultimatums to anyone ....... they way Mike coached that playoff game and the way Dak has played in his last two playoff games ......... the front office should be making ultimatums.

@!* Dak and Mike

@!* Jerry and Steven

vlad

Reaction score

They probably want to break that down by half or quarters ,i suspect the numbers get wonky…like dak maybe 70 first half 120 second…plus the 70s ppl could close line WRs

But at least for the last few games we had no running game and against sf last year we had what Ceedee and a broken down useless zeke…that’s not helping the cause

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think it’s been long well known to any pyscho fans like is that Stephen been running the show in any material way in terms of football decisions day to day, Jerry jumps in for stuff like executive stuff like coaches and then the great monkey wrench of players going straight to him.

That’s why i think we’re screwed with Stephen, I’d rather see Charlotte run it at this point, on the hope she’d get out of the way.

I think it'd be interesting to see her run it. I could see her doing a really good job of it.

Xeven

Reaction score
There is no solution. Cowboys will not win until Jerry no longer around.