Twitter: Mike McCarthy has turned into a joke (literally)

MajesticRey

Reaction score
there is a difference between being respected and being made fun of versus being the but of jokes and being laughed at. Both MM and Dak are in this category

Who says McCarthy isn’t respected? Our fanbase? LOL.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy. The national media has turned McCarthy into a caricature of a bumbling idiot at this point. He's getting made fun of at the NFL Awards in front of his players and after the show, his owner is out for dinner with his supposed replacement.

IYhQdOl.png

Both of those tweets made me laugh. Key is awesome, one of my favorite celebrities. Actor and comedian, the man is hilarious. Eli's joke was funny too. It would all be a lot funnier if it wasn't at the expense of the Cowboys. You would think our players and Jerry would get sick of being laughed at but here we are.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
He is being to loyal to his buddy that coaches the O-Line. If O-Line was not a train wreck this year we may be playing Sunday.. This line coach has to go..
So do the players Glimm. Remember, including the playoff vs San Fran, was literally the 3rd time they've played together in 18 games. That's an ugly stat that many fans don't realize. Remember, a coach can only do so much with what he has.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
That dude Key is a Cowboys fan. Bet he wrote that one on his own.

Good one

glimmerman

Reaction score
So do the players Glimm. Remember, including the playoff vs San Fran, was literally the 3rd time they've played together in 18 games. That's an ugly stat that many fans don't realize. Remember, a coach can only do so much with what he has.
Would it help my case if I said I don’t like him. Lol. Did you see them play. 2 linemen blocking 1 rusher. There only sending 4. They left a hole for the line backer to jog through and meet Elliot and Dak by the time they got the ball. That’s the scheme he is running.

morat1959

Reaction score
When you run a clown show, people think you are a joke. JJ 100% created the situation for his coaching staff and players.

Incredibly dysfunctional organizational dynamics and poor personnel leadership/management.

Jerry is the crazy drunk uncle of the NFL lol…. There are a few other teams that are more dysfunctional— but damn— this is pathetic
Well said! Nailed it!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yep.
An embarrassment to the title of Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys.
Probably second only to Campo but it's close.

What respectable coach would come here and work Jerry's way?...again even Parcells couldn't get Jerry to stay out the way, and eventually left over it. JG "had HC jobs lined up" according to Jerry, how is that working out for him?....MM took the job and now he is paying the price that comes with selling your soul to Jerry.

75boyz

Reaction score
What respectable coach would come here and work Jerry's way?...again even Parcells couldn't get Jerry to stay out the way, and eventually left over it. JG "had HC jobs lined up" according to Jerry, how is that working out for him?....MM took the job and now he is paying the price that comes with selling your soul to Jerry.

Yep,
I understand bro and I agree to an extent.
Ultimately McCheese could have turned down the job offer. He ain't a kid and kinda knows what comes with the territory with Jerry.
But that's a whole different conversation.

But even if Payton were to buckle down and give in to the Jerry's Way I can't see him
1. Conceding full control of offense and offensive play calling and keeping Moore just in order to receive a cushy retirement check
2. Also, the side show shenanigans of Gallagher, Austin Powers and this whole fake tough guy persona that is totally out of touch with the team would not be a part of the Payton regime.

Most importantly, and this is to include all of the above, is IF Payton would concede authority in the first place but even a watered down Jerry Yes Man version of Payton would instill a respectable level of accountability and discipline.

This current guy is not even good at faking his chosen role.

My opinion as always. I'll disagree McCarthy/Payton are one in the same because of w/l record because I again don't think Payton would stoop to these childish theatrics that McCheese does.

He is an embarrassment at this point.

jmo

Last edited:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
there is a difference between being respected and being made fun of versus being the but of jokes and being laughed at. Both MM and Dak are in this category

Jerry has 8 billion dollars he dont care what optics say...Dak got his cash he dont care.....

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Garrett was THE worst

Jerry will only hire puppets now...no Jimmy's or Parcell types....Parcell was so crushed when tony flubbed that easy FG in 2006 he quit head coaching...that seahawk team went to super bowl too

i would not mind us mortgaging our future like Rams did to get all-pros but if you dont let a good head coach run his show its worthless....dont know why Jerry has to hang on to these wanna be

coaches unless its because he only wants puppets????...i.e. Moore and McCarthey....why did he hang on to Garrett so long....no one wants Garrett not even for OC

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wasn't Garrett 13-3 in 2016 with a rookie QB and rookie running back, MM is just another dummy in the long line of yes men Jerry head coaches, who figured that penalties were a problem after 18 games and Jerry pointed it out, MM sucks just no way around it, remember one of the lowest football IQ's and the last 2 seasons verify it, the only thing MM knows how to build is a platter fill double high from a buffet line.

brax --i totally agree...makes me so angry...still not over the loss to 40-whiners....we must get good O line man in draft....and try and keep our defense and playmakers on offense....but without discipline

no one makes it very far.....some coaches take discipline so serious they fine players in practice for flubbing up...not us

Brax

Reaction score
brax --i totally agree...makes me so angry...still not over the loss to 40-whiners....we must get good O line man in draft....and try and keep our defense and playmakers on offense....but without discipline

no one makes it very far.....some coaches take discipline so serious they fine players in practice for flubbing up...not us
It’s a top to bottom problem but it the biggest at the top. Not sure it changes anytime soon.