Twitter: Mike McCarthy on Changes to the Offense

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I would love to see some 2 back sets with Zeke and Pollard. And with a coach that will be willing to run more screen passes and split Pollard out into the slot or out wide.
Think back to when former WR Montgomery was the GB lead back....he ran lots of pass patterns from the backfield, the slot, and in motion. I think that's what we will see with Pollard in the 2-back set where Zeke is still a power run threat. I think we'll also see Zeke running inside with Pollard and Dak in the traditional QB/pitchman option rolls.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I would love to see some 2 back sets with Zeke and Pollard. And with a coach that will be willing to run more screen passes and split Pollard out into the slot or out wide.
I hope you guys are right.

I hear all this optimism people keep expressing about Moore.

I only saw a few things that seemed different from other years under Linehan.

And the breakdowns just seemed to overwhelm any success.

So maybe all the praise being afforded Moore becomes obvious why.

I still wait and watch.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I hope you guys are right.

I hear all this optimism people keep expressing about Moore.

I only saw a few things that seemed different from other years under Linehan.

And the breakdowns just seemed to overwhelm any success.

So maybe all the praise being afforded Moore becomes obvious why.

I still wait and watch.
All we can do is wait and see. Looks like a descent start so far. We have a new staff.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score

I’d be very leary of overdoing screen passes if my qb has the talent of dikky doo. Sure we’d move the ball between the 20’s just fine (like we did this year) but eventually you get to the red zone, like we did this year.

I don’t think we need a $40m dollar qb to throw screen passes either

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d be very leary of overdoing screen passes if my qb has the talent of dikky doo. Sure we’d move the ball between the 20’s just fine (like we did this year) but eventually you get to the red zone, like we did this year.

I don’t think we need a $40m dollar qb to throw screen passes either

We will not have a $40 million dollar QB, it will be more like $35 million. So we will get what ever Moore calls to allow us to get. :laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Other than QB and a few select players, McC did not have the talent the Cowboys have had on offense. He had to get creative with his calls to create the mismatches while Garrett has always been dependent on his guys beating their guys. That's how he learned it from Norv Turner and Nick Saban. Talent wins out.

I do believe McC is more creative than Garrett but that was the complaint we heard out of GB the last years he was there, lack of creativity. I am hoping part of his journey in 2019 was the realize that he lost a lot of that creative edge and a very accurate QB can do that to a lot of coaches.

Last edited: