Twitter: Mike McCarthy was with family in Green Bay

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Personally did not even think about if McCarthy was there or not. He has stated his view about the importance of having Dak at QB and now that concern no longer exist. Enjoy the time with your family coach

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fat boy has had a year to move his family to Texas. He must not believe he'll be keeping the job long enough to make the move worthwhile.
You must not know any coaches in the NFL. Many don't move their families from place to place. I know a former player now NFL coach. He's had three NFL jobs and has kept his wife/family in their main home, while he's rented whereever his job was located. His children will be out of the home soon, so they may sell now. But when they're young, they try to keep the home life stable.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You must not know any coaches in the NFL. Many don't move their families from place to place. I know a former player now NFL coach. He's had three NFL jobs and has kept his wife/family in their main home, while he's rented whereever his job was located. His children will be out of the home soon, so they may sell now. But when they're young, they try to keep the home life stable.
This is very common, especially when they have school age children. Parcells never bought a house in Dallas and rented a place while he was building his dream retirement home in Saratoga, close to the pony track.

And most HC's aren't involved in contractual issues so that really had nothing to do with him.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Who cares, he's just keeping the seat warm till Jerry decides Moore is the modern day offensive genius Garrett was. :muttley:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fat boy has had a year to move his family to Texas. He must not believe he'll be keeping the job long enough to make the move worthwhile.
It's pretty common that people don't move their kids in the middle of a school year if they don't have to.

And then the pandemic hit, so it wasn't exactly a normal stretch of time.

Plus, it's not uncommon for players and coaches to maintain a home where they choose to live and just rent or own another place in the city they work in. An NFL head coach can afford to do that.

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score

Right. Sean Payton’s wife lived in Westlake while Sean rented in NO. It’s not like they are ever home anyways.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's pretty common that people don't move their kids in the middle of a school year if they don't have to.

And then the pandemic hit, so it wasn't exactly a normal stretch of time.

Plus, it's not uncommon for players and coaches to maintain a home where they choose to live and just rent or own another place in the city they work in. An NFL head coach can afford to do that.
You're the king of excuses as usual.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're the king of excuses as usual.
You are apparently the king ignoring any possibility that doesn't fit exactly what you want to believe.

There are other possibilities after all, and I noticed that you didn't have anything to say that actually refutes what I wrote.

Besides, what is there to make an excuse for? What difference does it make to you or me if his family moves to Dallas?