Twitter: Mike McCarthy was with family in Green Bay

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He had one season with no OTA's and barely any training camp. If he doesn't bring anything to the table, we will find out, but we don't know now.
If I dont see that hurry up try to get 12 men on the field stuff I saw in green bay this year its no more excuses. It will be proven Rodgers had the idea.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
are people on here upset that McCarthy is spending time with his family? There was nothing for him to contribute during Dak's press conference that was Jerry Jones' time.

They just want something to vetch about. lol

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I dont see that hurry up try to get 12 men on the field stuff I saw in green bay this year its no more excuses. It will be proven Rodgers had the idea.
Why would anyone hurry up to get 12 men on the field?

In any case, switching up after one season wouldn't seem advisable in any year, much less in one with a new coach with very little practice time and no preseason to make any changes. I wasn't thrilled with the results either, but there is no logical point to not allowing a new coach to have a normal offseason before kicking him to the curb.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Why would anyone hurry up to get 12 men on the field?

In any case, switching up after one season wouldn't seem advisable in any year, much less in one with a new coach with very little practice time and no preseason to make any changes. I wasn't thrilled with the results either, but there is no logical point to not allowing a new coach to have a normal offseason before kicking him to the curb.
Go rewatch 2016 divisional playoff game buddy.

nobody

Reaction score
Just a suggestion. He/she has given up so why come here? As far as MM, I'm willing to give him 3 years before making a knee jerk judgement.

It's kind of ridiculous and pathetic that people gave up on him/rejected him before giving him a chance. He was hired and then had to deal with Covid screwing everything up. He hasn't even had a normal off-season and season to implement things and some people already have their pitchforks out.

I don't know if he's the right coach for the team or not, but I'm all for giving him at least one to two more years. There was a lot about the team to fix after all.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go rewatch 2016 divisional playoff game buddy.

You're saying he was scrambling to get 12 men on the field? I don't think so. I suspect he is fully aware only 11 men play at a time. Are you?

And you're judging an entire career by one game - naw, that fails too

And oh, by the way, that was the point McCarthy wasn't calling plays, and wasn't the coordinator. If an assistant coach screwed up in that particular game are we really going to hold that over McCarthy's entire career?

CWR

Reaction score
Fat boy has had a year to move his family to Texas. He must not believe he'll be keeping the job long enough to make the move worthwhile.

Cmon man. You're reaching.

Motorola

Reaction score
Personally did not even think about if McCarthy was there or not. He has stated his view about the importance of having Dak at QB and now that concern no longer exist. Enjoy the time with your family coach
The coaching staff as a whole is probably on hiatus. Scouts viewing college pro days and the skeleton combine. Once FA signing period begins, McCarthy will Zoom in to welcome the new Cowboys signees. No visits or workouts at team facilities. Telephone and video conference-interviews-meetings only with potential draftees up until first day of the draft.
The staff probably heads back to Frisco towards the end of the month IMO.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You're saying he was scrambling to get 12 men on the field? I don't think so. I suspect he is fully aware only 11 men play at a time. Are you?

And you're judging an entire career by one game - naw, that fails too

And oh, by the way, that was the point McCarthy wasn't calling plays, and wasn't the coordinator. If an assistant coach screwed up in that particular game are we really going to hold that over McCarthy's entire career?
Its not 1 game. Rodgers has been trying to catch defenses with 12 men on the field for years.

Mannix

Reaction score
It's getting warm enough now in Wisconsin for Corky to go outside and play with sister Becca.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its not 1 game. Rodgers has been trying to catch defenses with 12 men on the field for years.
That's not at all what you said. Your comment was about scrambling to try and get 12 men on the field, not about Rodgers trying to catch the other team with 12 men on the field. If that's what you meant you completely wrote it wrong. You didn't even mention Rodgers so maybe a person could judge from context what you were trying to say.

Regardless, so what? Maybe it's something Rodgers is more focused on than other QB's. He's a very good QB. That doesn't somehow mean McCarty is a bad coach.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The coaching staff as a whole is probably on hiatus. Scouts viewing college pro days and the skeleton combine. Once FA signing period begins, McCarthy will Zoom in to welcome the new Cowboys signees. No visits or workouts at team facilities. Telephone and video conference-interviews-meetings only with potential draftees up until first day of the draft.
The staff probably heads back to Frisco towards the end of the month IMO.

Not sure, I know Texas Rangers announced full capacity for the upcoming season opener in Arlington, have not heard how NFL will proceed

Motorola

Reaction score
Not sure, I know Texas Rangers announced full capacity for the upcoming season opener in Arlington, have not heard how NFL will proceed
The Atlanta Braves announced this morning they will open the season allowing 25% capacity = 13,500 fans at Truist Park. After last season's collapse in the NLCS, the team is is in a "World Series or bust" mode for 2021.
Earlier this week, Georgia Governor Mark Kemp announced the vaccination eligibility age will be reduced to 55 (along with those younger with chronic health issues). If their aggessive plan is put into play - the Center For Disease Control is located in northeast Metro Atlanta - I fully expect the Braves to follow the Rangers' lead and aim for full capacity in July.
And Doomsday...take a guess on where the MLB All-Star Game is this year?