Signed by Cowboys Mike Nolan is our new Defensive Coordinator

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It’s a bad hire.

His defenses have been terrible. Fact.

Not going to bother posting the link to pro football ref.

We’d be better off with Marinelli
I appreciate your severe conviction today.
Lots of effort. Marinelli wouldn't even have you sign his Effort Contract.
You earned his respect.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
So true. Urban was and will always be my first choice, but today brings hope with McCarthy and Nolan. Really, more than anything it’s just nice to see JG gone. Hope restored!

False hope.

Hate to rain on the parade, but Nolan stinks as a DC.

Fact checking is your friend.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
So true. Urban was and will always be my first choice, but today brings hope with McCarthy and Nolan. Really, more than anything it’s just nice to see JG gone. Hope restored!

Why do you have hope in Nolan? He was a terrible head coach. Him and Mike together in SF was a disaster. His defenses were bad in Atlanta and very average at best in Baltimore. There is a reason he has not been a DC since 2014 and keeps getting demoted. I hate how coaches feel the need they need to bring their old buddies instead of finding guys who can actually have success. But I guess that is too hard for some. They'd rather be comfortable with someone they know, no matter how bad they are.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I appreciate your severe conviction today.
Lots of effort. Marinelli wouldn't even have you sign his Effort Contract.
You earned his respect.

I just post the facts.

Anyone can look it up. Pro football ref .

He’s probably the worst DC available.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
False hope.

Hate to rain on the parade, but Nolan stinks as a DC.

Fact checking is your friend.
I did find it funny that I asked you to give me Nolan's defensive philosophy this morning and you completely ignored it though...
Care to explain?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Why do you have hope in Nolan? He was a terrible head coach. Him and Mike together in SF was a disaster. His defenses were bad in Atlanta and very average at best in Baltimore. There is a reason he has not been a DC since 2014 and keeps getting demoted. I hate how coaches feel the need they need to bring their old buddies instead of finding guys who can actually have success. But I guess that is too hard for some. They'd rather be comfortable with someone they know, no matter how bad they are.

Agree man.

It’s insane.

We are in worse shape than when we had Marinelli.

It’s insane.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Cool. Now I wonder what he's going to do with the D and these players.
What kind of scheme is he going to bring with him?

dothraki.gif

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Their LBs have been a team strength for a couple of years. Not really big name guys either. Appears to be a group that was well coached.

Then bring him here as a LB coach if you want. Although doubt he leaves NO for a lateral move to Dallas unless he just really wanted to work with Mike again. No need to get a failed re-tread and promote him to a position no other team wanted him for. He hasn't been a DC for 5 to 6 years now and even when he was, he wasn't good.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Agree man.

It’s insane.

We are in worse shape than when we had Marinelli.

It’s insane.

NFL loves re-treads. Coaching is a fraternity. Once you are in, you'll always have a job, no matter how bad you suck. Everyone loves to bring their buddies along with them.

More than anything, we needed someone who could really revamp this defense and pretty much install a whole now philosophy and attitude. This guy won't cut it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
NFL loves re-treads. Coaching is a fraternity. Once you are in, you'll always have a job, no matter how bad you suck. Everyone loves to bring their buddies along with them.

More than anything, we needed someone who could really revamp this defense and pretty much install a whole now philosophy and attitude. This guy won't cut it.

His philosophy is much different than Rod’s.

Nolan’s defenses are more aggressive and force more turnovers. They aren’t “bend but don’t break”

DuncanIso

Reaction score

we have a chance to fix the Defense and the Special Teams.

Hiring Nolan would be insane.

His coaching stats are in the tank.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
(Continuing to flood every thread with how you feel doesn't make you smart.)
(Nor does not being able to laugh.)

Threads about Mike Nolan.
How many years did he coach with Norv Turner?
What was Brian Billicks record with Mike Nolan as his Defensive Coordinator?
Those type thing are more interesting here than your hate relationship with Jason Garrett.

aw..........did your hero get fired? :muttley: