Mike Tomlin minces no words Dallas take cue

JBS

Reaction score
We all sat here this offseason and said Quinn was a upgrade over Nolan.....
Yeah but the guy can’t work miracles. We are still bad on defense. Not as bad as last year but bad.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah but the guy can’t work miracles. We are still bad on defense. Not as bad as last year but bad.
I don't disagree that we are bad but there's a difference between getting lit up by Tom Brady then it is getting lit up by Kirk Cousins.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you can’t comprehend what I’m talking about, then I don’t know what to tell you. Criticism is absolutely OK. Continuous blind hatred of every single move the organization makes is different altogether. If you’ve been on here for any time, you should know the difference.
So that's my question for you..."continuous hatred". Do you have some evidence? A prime suspect? Even pappy doesn't have " continuous hatred" for the team.

It's my perspective that there isn't. We're taking a few comments every now and then, then acting like it's some rampant offensive assault.

Yep....there's a few people making comments for fun. Perhaps a couple trolls.....but keep that on the side and the great majority of people love their cowboys....not hate all let alone "continuous".

JBS

Reaction score
I don't disagree that we are bad but there's a difference between getting lit up by Tom Brady then it is getting lit up by Kirk Cousins.

bad is bad. That’s the only discussion here. It’s not bad vs good qbs and good vs bad qbs. It’s bad. It’s going to be bad vs Herbert too.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
So that's my question for you..."continuous hatred". Do you have some evidence? A prime suspect? Even pappy doesn't have " continuous hatred" for the team.

It's my perspective that there isn't. We're taking a few comments every now and then, then acting like it's some rampant offensive assault.

Yep....there's a few people making comments for fun. Perhaps a couple trolls.....but keep that on the side and the great majority of people love their cowboys....not hate all let alone "continuous".
I’ve been on here for a long time. You’re wrong. There are numerous that fall directly into the category I mentioned. You can disagree, but you’ll just be ignoring what’s posted on here. Whatever makes you happy.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas still is never quite ready to start out a season, much less a single game. They are never ready to match intensity levels against tough teams. It still remains, who have you BEAT? Still....glow in the dark or not.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Can we stop pining after Coaches who Jerry would never in a million years hire to coach the Cowboys? Not only would he not hire them, those coaches would never come to Dallas and have every single decision they make with the football team be dictated by Jerry.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Mike Tomlin won his first game yet he was telling his team they have to get better. In all phases of the game. Learning to get better is going to be a must, he said. Dallas coaches. We looked good. I see good things out there??? WHAT???? That's why we need a hardnosed no non sense head coach like Tomlin. I for one don't think Big Mac Mike was a good coach pickup for our team. And speaking of Mike just as I asked about Garrett when he was here. "Can somebody tell me exactly what is Mike's job. What does he do to help the team out? He's not a defensive coordinator for sure. We have Moore running the offense. So what does Mike do?? Serious Question. I mean put Moore at head coach what do we miss????

To the GM:facepalm: Why does he keep taking chances on questionable type character players? Boss man IMO is one of them. The guy seems to want to be a rapper more then a corner. Reminds me of the Lakers former player Kyle Kuzma. Has talent but the head is more focused on being a trend setter rapper type more then basketball. I'll give Boss man another season to prove he's not like this but the rope will be short if I were the GM.

Still wish we would of gotten one of those pot bellied defensive linemen. I'm talking 340 plus. I was watching different games Sunday and when teams did try to run. Those big suckers shut the run down. We saw what Veda did for the Bucks. He basically threw Conner around in those key situation like a bag of stale chips. And I was watching Quinn yesterday and he said it wasn't Browns fault on the one long TD pass. He said a guy fell down and the safety went to check his man when he should of been helping deep. Quinn laughed and said the lesson learned here is I shouldn't had called the play there. I said to myself. These coaches are killing us more then the opponents. It's just the first game but i think Mike needs to get tougher with this team. No more smashing watermelons . How about heads and arses. At least Quinn said " there were no moral victories Thursday". But all things being equal I like Quinn. Seems like a great guy. Hope he turns us into a great defense.
Lol you prolly loved Romo and he wanted to be a golfer more than bossman wants to be a rapper.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve been on here for a long time. You’re wrong. There are numerous that fall directly into the category I mentioned. You can disagree, but you’ll just be ignoring what’s posted on here. Whatever makes you happy.
Send me a pm of what you are talking about. I promise to be discreet. And NOT argumentative about it.

If I am missing something I'd like to know. I'm not PURPOSELY choosing to see/not see something just to disagree with you.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Mike Tomlin won his first game yet he was telling his team they have to get better. In all phases of the game. Learning to get better is going to be a must, he said. Dallas coaches. We looked good. I see good things out there??? WHAT???? That's why we need a hardnosed no non sense head coach like Tomlin. I for one don't think Big Mac Mike was a good coach pickup for our team. And speaking of Mike just as I asked about Garrett when he was here. "Can somebody tell me exactly what is Mike's job. What does he do to help the team out? He's not a defensive coordinator for sure. We have Moore running the offense. So what does Mike do?? Serious Question. I mean put Moore at head coach what do we miss????

To the GM:facepalm: Why does he keep taking chances on questionable type character players? Boss man IMO is one of them. The guy seems to want to be a rapper more then a corner. Reminds me of the Lakers former player Kyle Kuzma. Has talent but the head is more focused on being a trend setter rapper type more then basketball. I'll give Boss man another season to prove he's not like this but the rope will be short if I were the GM.

Still wish we would of gotten one of those pot bellied defensive linemen. I'm talking 340 plus. I was watching different games Sunday and when teams did try to run. Those big suckers shut the run down. We saw what Veda did for the Bucks. He basically threw Conner around in those key situation like a bag of stale chips. And I was watching Quinn yesterday and he said it wasn't Browns fault on the one long TD pass. He said a guy fell down and the safety went to check his man when he should of been helping deep. Quinn laughed and said the lesson learned here is I shouldn't had called the play there. I said to myself. These coaches are killing us more then the opponents. It's just the first game but i think Mike needs to get tougher with this team. No more smashing watermelons . How about heads and arses. At least Quinn said " there were no moral victories Thursday". But all things being equal I like Quinn. Seems like a great guy. Hope he turns us into a great defense.
You asked fair questions
I will forward them to Jerry for the answers

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Send me a pm of what you are talking about. I promise to be discreet. And NOT argumentative about it.

If I am missing something I'd like to know. I'm not PURPOSELY choosing to see/not see something just to disagree with you.
I’m not going to take the time for that. It’s easy. Just pay attention to certain posters. There are long histories there. In the end, it doesn’t matter whether you agree or disagree. I know what I’ve read over the years. Life goes on.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dallas was out played in every statistical category imaginable outside of turnovers. Godwin doesn’t fumble inside the 5 and Dallas never sniffs a chance at winning. They were thoroughly outplayed in the red zone as well. It wasn’t as close as it looked. Even when tb gave them the game on a silver platter, Dallas managed to screw it up.

This is an untrue statement based on actual facts of the game.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think they can win with McCarthy….but they can’t abandon special teams and defense. Neither unit has to be great but there’s just something about being the worst at both phases that kills us…
I think that's an issue of coaching. Both Johnson and Parcells were STICKLERS for special teams and being solid in all three phases of the game. I hope you're right, but it seems as if special teams would have been an emphasis for improvement based on how much we relied on it last year. I'm just disappointed that it doesn't appear any improvements were made. But maybe I'm premature in my assessment, and the Cowboys coaches will get it right as the season progresses.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not going to take the time for that. It’s easy. Just pay attention to certain posters. There are long histories there. In the end, it doesn’t matter whether you agree or disagree. I know what I’ve read over the years. Life goes on.
Wow...the whole 30 seconds is a burden to you making your point and enlightening me.

Hmm...well okay then.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Exactly...it was 3rd and 16 because of that holding call. At that point the hope WAS to at least get a field goal we screwed our chances of scoring thanks to that holding.

Dak actually did great getting them back into decent FG range on 3rd down.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Without any examples....it's your perception....which can easily be wrong.

We often see only what we want, and or process it incorrectly.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
bad is bad. That’s the only discussion here. It’s not bad vs good qbs and good vs bad qbs. It’s bad. It’s going to be bad vs Herbert too.
I’m just saying if the defense played a inferior team maybe they don’t get done like they did on Thursday?