Video: Mike White Game Footage

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
maybe he can borrow Daks guru that is suppose to fix all his problems,[pocket pressure issues, accuracy, bad foot work, and has to wind up to throw it long] then he too will be a super star but with a strong arm.

GORICO

Reaction score

i totally love the pick...he reminds me a bit of Tony..but White has even better touch...and White maybe does not have a cannon but has a good arm

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
At least get off of the Cowboys FO's sack and realize they once again fail to address our interior Dline with a true 1-tech DT like Kendrick Norton who was still available. You know, like for a position of NEED!

They passed up on DT Tim Settle and now also on DT Kendrick Norton. For what? A career backup QB? Pffft...

Guys like you who get pet cats and then get mad at every pick when they are picked over are amusing. You are basically guaranteeing you hate every pick with that method.

GORICO

Reaction score
maybe he can borrow Daks guru that is suppose to fix all his problems,[pocket pressure issues, accuracy, bad foot work, and has to wind up to throw it long] then he too will be a super star but with a strong arm.
Captain---- may i ask do you also see major concerns with Dak's mechanics?...that windup heave and he is not even throwing a long ball?...its because he is not getting power and torque from feet , legs, and hips ( lower body )

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Guys like you who get pet cats and then get mad at every pick when they are picked over are amusing. You are basically guaranteeing you hate every pick with that method.
Not my pet cat. Just a good player at a position of need that once again gets ignored.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
White has a long windup, most of his passes have arcs, limited zip fired throws, longest pass in air-to-catch went for 51 yards. Yep, noodle arm. Plus, he has two left feet, is slower than Romo was (except Romo could scramble). If there is any pressure that gets through our Oline, guaranteed sack.

Correction: Noodle arm and Noodle legs.

Well, we know 2 things about you. First is you have zero hesitation to blatantly make up things, and second, you have zero hesitation to ignore logic by trying tosupport your claims with things that are irrelevant to what you claimed.

The one consistent comment in every scouting report and evaluation of White is that he has great arm strength. So when faced with that disproving your noodle arm comment your rebuttal was that we should have taken a DT, as if even if that’s true it somehow proved he has a noodle arm. Then when faced with the fact the DT comment has nothing to do with his arm strength, you make up this long wind up thing, which not only isn’t true, it also has nothing to do with arm strength.

Your clearly just one of those posters that makes things up rather than worry about facts, then tries to cover up for it by making up something else.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Captain---- may i ask do you also see major concerns with Dak's mechanics?...that windup heave and he is not even throwing a long ball?...its because he is not getting power and torque from feet , legs, and hips ( lower body )

he's [Dak]late on reads and has to try to strong arm it with his upper body. bad foot work, he actually throws better on the run. I guess because he gets his legs under his throw. I could be wrong but that's what I see.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well, we know 2 things about you. First is you have zero hesitation to blatantly make up things, and second, you have zero hesitation to stupidly try and support your claims with things that have nothing to do with your claims.

The one consistent comment in every scouting report and evaluation of White is that he has great arm strength. So when faced with that disproving your noodle arm comment your rebuttal was that we should have taken a DT, as if even if that’s true it somehow proved he has a noodle arm. Then when faced with the fact the DT comment has nothing to do with his arm strength, you make up this long wind up thing, which not only isn’t true, it also has nothing to do with arm strength.

Your clearly just one of those posters that makes things up rather than worry about facts, then tries to cover up for it by making up something else.
Watch his tapes.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He was the player you decided you wanted. It is what it is. Rather than act like you are Dane Brugler on day 3 perhaps get over yourself?
I made the same argument in the previous round for DT Tim Settle. Notice, not the same players but for the same position. Comprende?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
POSITIVES

—Big arm. White has the strength to get the football to all three levels and outside the hash.

Strengths
Arm talent is the first thing you notice
Former high school pitcher with 90 MPH fastball who can crank up that heat when he needs to
Has good drive accuracy
Able to push the ball into tight windows
Has velocity and accuracy to attack the middle of the field
Can alternate between heat and touch
Throws catchable deep ball and has ability to drop it over a cornerback's head down the sideline
Can be dangerous from the pocket when he's protected
Completed 57 percent of his deep throws when protection was better in 2016
Resets feet before throwing when he leaves the pocket
Asked to make full-field reads at times

NEGATIVES

—Struggles with pressure, and he saw plenty of pressure behind a poor offensive line. [same as Dak, but a guru suppose to fix this]

—Lacks mobility in the pocket and on the move.

—Locks on to his first target, missing open receivers.

—Tries to beat good coverage with strong arm.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Fans have complained for years that we haven’t drafted QBs to develop, and rightly so, and now that we do they don’t like it. You have the right viewpoint.

When is the last time we drafted a QB in the 1st round? You can't have any reasonable expectation of finding a franchise QB in the 5th round. I understand it happens once every blue moon but that should not be your plan.

Fans are complaining about the team not investing their BEST resources into the most important position.