Video: Mike White Game Footage

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i totally love the pick...he reminds me a bit of Tony..but White has even better touch...and White maybe does not have a cannon but has a good arm

I don't wanna rush here but this Kid looks the part !!!!
6ft5 and good downfield eyes and a cannon accurate arm i mean the foundation is there...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When is the last time we drafted a QB in the 1st round? You can't have any reasonable expectation of finding a franchise QB in the 5th round. I understand it happens once every blue moon but that should not be your plan.

Fans are complaining about the team not investing their BEST resources into the most important position.

I wasn’t talking about franchise QBs. We weren’t looking for one while Romo was here anyway. What I was talking about is the idea that we should draft a QB every few years even if we have a good starter so there is always someone developing in the wings. It’s a good idea, and something a lot of people think the Cowboys have made a mistake by not doing over the years.

The years between AIkman and Romo was the time a top pick should have been used, but the best they came up with was stretching for Quincy in the 2nd round.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't wanna rush here but this Kid looks the part !!!!
6ft5 and good downfield eyes and a cannon accurate arm i mean the foundation is there...

It will take great protection because his mobility is limited, but the arm is definitely there.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
When is the last time we drafted a QB in the 1st round? You can't have any reasonable expectation of finding a franchise QB in the 5th round. I understand it happens once every blue moon but that should not be your plan.

Fans are complaining about the team not investing their BEST resources into the most important position.

I'm of the mind that a team should constantly be drafting QB's in any round and trying to develop them. Backup QB is with swing tackle and slot corner as being being critical positions. A team should always have 3 and spend draft assets even low picks to fill them.

That gets you competent backup play. Their veteran salaries lead to fat compensatory picks if they leave, you can trade them for assets, or you can have a vet backup. Then develop another one on a late round flier.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is he? That'd be pretty neat and really make me root for him.

Related or now this Kid has "Franchise QB" written all over him.
The foundation is there and he just might end up being the steal of the draft!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep up the hard-hitting analysis, Rowdy. :rolleyes:

White's a top ten QB prospect on every draft board.

They simply didn't want this kid to be selected as he has every asset that Dak doesn't!
I'll tell you something a lot of us are sick and tired of the run Zeke Zeke Zeke boring anemic game plan(due to Dak's talent limitations) and yearn for the day's we had a gunslinger at QB!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
They simply didn't want this kid to be selected as he has every asset that Dak doesn't!
I'll tell you something a lot of us are sick and tired of the run Zeke Zeke Zeke boring anemic game plan(due to Dak's talent limitations) and yearn for the day's we had a gunslinger at QB!

Then you should be happy about the White pick. :huh:

Calm down and have a beer.

willia451

Reaction score
I'm glad somebody created a thread about Mr. White. I'm very excited about the potential he shows. Even on a bad team he had some pretty good success. I really like what I see.

Not flying off the handle. But Dak better watch his back. I see this kid coming on strong sooner rather than later.

Hardline

Reaction score
After watching this video the second time I really noticed that WR wearing #2 is very impressive. Looks like someone to keep an eye on.

Mannix

Reaction score
Brady doesn't have a big arm OR mobility, so I'm not overly concerned.