Video: Mike White Game Footage

Bizwah

Reaction score
Watch his tapes.
I doubt you've seen tapes.

I would wager none of us have.

When most folks discuss watching "tape", they usually refer to YouTube highlight videos, or cut ups of games, or in some cases the whole game.

That is not the "tape" that scouts use to evaluate. They get the all-22 coaches film.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Keep up the hard-hitting analysis, Rowdy. :rolleyes:

White's a top ten QB prospect on every draft board.

Over the years, it seems Cowboys are infatuated by the idea of small school QBs, after Romo's success.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Over the years, it seems Cowboys are infatuated by the idea of small school QBs, after Romo's success.

Mike White played FBS football, not FCS like Tony Romo. Like I said, keep up the hard-hitting analysis. :rolleyes:

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
I doubt you've seen tapes.

I would wager none of us have.

When most folks discuss watching "tape", they usually refer to YouTube highlight videos, or cut ups of games, or in some cases the whole game.

That is not the "tape" that scouts use to evaluate. They get the all-22 coaches film.
The youtube tapes have catchy background music and photoshop editing the all-22 coaches film is boring and looks like a job to watch like reading a math book
:D

DCowboyz

Reaction score
At least get off of the Cowboys FO's sack and realize they once again fail to address our interior Dline with a true 1-tech DT like Kendrick Norton who was still available. You know, like for a position of NEED!

They passed up on DT Tim Settle and now also on DT Kendrick Norton. For what? A career backup QB? Pffft...

We don't draft UM players unfortunately. But go and check how many UM players become stars in the NFL.. A lot.
But this guy doesn't look too bad. He sucked at USF and was better at Western Kentucky. Competition was easier?

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm really happy about this pick as he seems like he has a number of good things to build on and develop (good experience, strong arm, accurate, etc). That said given his lack of speed/mobility, the RPO is not an option for this guy. It's not really for Rush either though I guess. Anyways, it's great to see the Cowboys draft QBs 2 out of the last 3 years.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Guys like you who get pet cats and then get mad at every pick when they are picked over are amusing. You are basically guaranteeing you hate every pick with that method.
Maybe that explains why I'm happy! We picked guys I actually liked!

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I wasn’t talking about franchise QBs. We weren’t looking for one while Romo was here anyway. What I was talking about is the idea that we should draft a QB every few years even if we have a good starter so there is always someone developing in the wings. It’s a good idea, and something a lot of people think the Cowboys have made a mistake by not doing over the years.

The years between AIkman and Romo was the time a top pick should have been used, but the best they came up with was stretching for Quincy in the 2nd round.

I remember one poster always saying teams should draft a QB every year and I think that is great logic. One (usually) mid round pick per year and you will probably eventually find a Kirk Cousins type of player. That’s who this kid reminds me of

BoysWin

Reaction score
At least bother to read a little before going with a standard stupid parrot comment. Arm strength isn’t a shortcoming at all. Mobility is the physical shortcoming.

Tom Brady is less mobile. Mike White is an excellent development pick. Question is does Dallas have an ability to develop a QB?

BoysWin

Reaction score
Another wasted pick

Much rather have a LB or DT than some scrub QB that will be cut before the season starts

Mike White is not a wasted pick. It’s roster or the PS for a R5 pick. That’s about as good as it can be for a R5 pick and a QB

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tom Brady is less mobile. Mike White is an excellent development pick. Question is does Dallas have an ability to develop a QB?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying the mobility eliminates him from being a good player, I’m just saying that’s the only physical attribute that isn’t considered very good, and that the complaint about arm strength is bogus.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember one poster always saying teams should draft a QB every year and I think that is great logic. One (usually) mid round pick per year and you will probably eventually find a Kirk Cousins type of player. That’s who this kid reminds me of
One every year seems too much to me, but I think a lot depends on the one drafted the previous year. If a team likes the developmental QB they have, and he still has a few years on his contract, there generally isn’t room on the roster for another anyway, so why use a pick?

But I do believe in taking one often enough to always have a developmental guy the team likes

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been posted but this guy can really fling it.

If it's a flag football game and the QB can't run this guy is a 1st round pick haha.

Look at some of the anticipation on this guys throws. He is hitting guys before they even break out of their routes.

Look at the window he throws the ball into around the 4 minute mark.

He's a statue but he isn't limited as a passer. He can expose any area of the defense.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The offensive line is deep and so are the wr. That means that when white plays in the summer he will have good players blocking for him and good players to throw to.

Can’t wait to see him throw it all around the building.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Release point looks real low on throws he doesn't put any air on. Looks like a solid QB otherwise.