Mike Zimmer should be the Dallas HC

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Years ago I started a thread saying Zimmer should be Parcells replacement when he retires and I was basically crucified on here. Wish I could find that thread...

Why? Do you want to frame it?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Your name should tell you what happened to Wade. Jerry set him up to fail from the start. He wasn't terrible at all.

Wade has a very dubious HCing record. He is one of those good coordinators / bad HCs. It happens. That team quit on Wade No way to explain that Green Bay game. He also blew 2007. Jerry never helps any of his coaches. He creates the culture of zero accountability. So I agree with you there but Wade is/was/never will be a good HC.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Here's a couple of points to ponder about your "dream team coaches". First both having spent time in Dallas before working for Jones there is ZERO guarantee that either would have returned again.

I didn't assume at all that Zimmer and Turner would necessarily *take* the jobs, and had my doubts, only that they were the perfect fit for new leadership for *us* at the time.

Coaches that Jerry knew and had success with. Zimmer could be HC/DC, and Jerry has always said he prefers a coach that handles one side of the ball. I included Turner because getting rid of Garrett and installing Zimmer as HC would require us getting an OC as well. Turner is one of the few Coryell style OCs, and has had success at it. He would have allowed a seamless transition for Romo and the offense.

They were a fit for Jerry and a fit for our needs a the time. They were both available. They were demonstrably willing to work with each other, in roles that worked for us. The stars were aligned. They were the dream team.

logan

Reaction score
Where was all this crying over Zimmer a year ago when the Vikings fell apart the second half of the season?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Wades defense was terrible here at the end though......I felt the same until I saw David Garrard and Vince Young tore us up.

I think the defense's failing were the product of him being the head coach since he hasn't had those problems elsewhere. As the head coach, he created an environment that was the issue so he's always needed to be under someone who can run the whole show while he focuses strictly on the defense.

elcowboi

Reaction score
Parcells would have won the SB in 2007. Retired after 2008. Zimmer would have taken over. Perennial playoffs instead of the Red Headed excuse machine.

Counter factual of the day.

I remember the GROZ campaign. It's funny to see someone post he should be the Cowboys HC.