Miles Austin Out In Dallas

Deep_South

Reaction score
Best of luck to Miles. Great guy and great teammate by all accounts, but simply couldn't
stay on the field.
Hoping that he can keep playing and produce somewhere else, but the prognosis isn't good based on his history.

Ware will likely return to 75% of form. Miles Austin had one good year and was out with injuries the rest of his time here before he got pushed down the depth chart.

How soon we forget. Miles had over a thousand in 2010 and almost a thousand in 2012 to go with his big year in 2009.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Great guy, decent player, I wish the best for him in the future.

I honestly thought he was going to have a future with us, but after receiving his money it seems like he mailed it in.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
How soon we forget. Miles had over a thousand in 2010 and almost a thousand in 2012 to go with his big year in 2009.

I stand corrected. Still, the only year he played 16 games was 2009, if I'm not mistaken. You need more than what he did from your 1a or 1b, even if he's getting near 1000 yards receiving.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Aside from this season, the guy has been a better player than most here want to give him credit for.

I will miss his contributions on the field, although for his sake, it's too bad that this didn't happen a year earlier. This is already a pretty deep WR free agency period so I doubt he'll generate much interest.

Good luck, Miles.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
He worked hard then got paid and quit once Parcells wasn't here to ride his lazy butt everyday. I didn't like Bill but he could get most guys to really play hard for him.

Boys122

Reaction score
Not Tony Romo ‏@not_romo 1m
REPORT: Miles Austin re-injures hamstring walking out of Cowboys facility for the last time.

calico

Reaction score
Jerry doing what is best for business today. I LOVE IT!!! It feels like the direction of our franchise is going in the right direction.

Jerry cleanin up his messes years late and a dollar short...Jerry likes a bumpy road in the right direction.

Boys122

Reaction score
It wouldn't be fair to the player to do it that way. If you know you're releasing, do it now so he can get into the market before teams have done their shopping.

Now you could say so what. It's Miles Austin. But that sort of thing can give you a bad reputation around the league with all the players.

I know, that would be bad for Jerry, huh?

Section446

Reaction score
Okay, who kidnapped Jerry Jones? There have been way too many logical moves made in the past 8 hours.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It wouldn't be fair to the player to do it that way. If you know you're releasing, do it now so he can get into the market before teams have done their shopping.

Now you could say so what. It's Miles Austin. But that sort of thing can give you a bad reputation around the league with all the players.

Exactly. Not only that, but if Dallas is at all in market for a vet WR, it helps to have one more in the market for other teams (who we would competing with them for others) to possibly take Miles.

theSHOW

Reaction score
I mean it won't count until June so why do it now?

because football doesn't start until after June anyhow. The cowboys don't hate the players that they release. Why not designate him a June cut now?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
When healthy he is a very good receiver. I'd have liked to have him at reduced salary with the caveat he is healthy enough to put some quality stats up.

Section446

Reaction score
When healthy he is a very good receiver. I'd have liked to have him at reduced salary with the caveat he is healthy enough to put some quality stats up.

Let's just move on, he's just another mistake that we need to get past.