Milton Williams is most definitely a major target

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
He's been the third DT on NFL after Levi for a while now 66thoverall. Pick 75 would be about right. I sure hope we don't start reaching for players in the first three rounds.

Strong and quick is a good combination. He had 34 reps on the bench at his pro day.
Strengths
  • Tapered chest with dense, muscular frame and no bad weight.
  • Quick and powerful with above-average leverage.
  • Former high school basketball player with capable footwork.
  • Lifts with accurate hands and upward thrust into opponent.
  • Absorbs contact and keeps eyes into backfield.
  • Works with quick-win twitch against single blocks.
  • Play strength to displace block and make a play.
  • Plants his post leg and battles through the double-team.
  • Core strength fuels his balance and keeps him on his feet.
  • Hand slap to cave the edge and find pathway to the pocket.
  • Quality secondary rush effort.

Don't watch college ball anymore, so I always enjoy your posts.

You could sell me on about any player, thanks for the effort you put into the draft. You're contributions are right at the top imho.

cnuball21

Reaction score
His is rated in the 60's, might go higher. I don't like small school, upside picks, but if they love him, they will need to take him on day 2. In my opinion, a future 3T.

Yea I just don't see it...dude doesn't do anything for me. If you're going to take a small school guy he needs to dominate on tape and he doesn't. That and him having below average arms makes him a huge reach on day 2 for me.

HanD

Reaction score
bruglar has him in the 3rd.
i'd like to see us double dip at DT...he's one i'd love to get...among several others.
I'd love to pair him with Bobby brown from tamu. 2nd round is too rich for me. I feel like they are hoping to find the unpolished version of aaron donald before everyone else. Donald was dominant though against better competition.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Can Williams play base Defensive End and kick inside during passing downs? I know the arm length is a concern but if the answer is no and he is a full time 3T that is 3 premium picks spent on that position in the last 3 drafts. That would tell us what they think about Gallimore and Hill.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I'd love to pair him with Bobby brown from tamu. 2nd round is too rich for me. I feel like they are hoping to find the unpolished version of aaron donald before everyone else. Donald was dominant though against better competition.
i love bobby brown.
there are several i like.
nixon,iowa
levi o,washington
wilson,fsu
togiai,ohio st
shelvin,lsu
slaton,florida
campbell,florida
tonga,byu
graham,texas

barmore,williams,wilson,brown,levi o and daviyon nixon are my 6 pack.
just gimmie 2 of'm.

Mr_437

Reaction score
He will probably make it to one spot ahead of us and get drafted right in front of us.
I hope so
Like him as a day 3 project but hate him in rounds 2/3.

Undersized with short arms means you’re hoping to hit on an outlier.
I agree, there's no need to draft this guy before round 5 imo. Go watch him vs Georgia Southern. They need to like somebody else lol.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think they can take a 3T at 44 unless there’s a first round grade on someone. You’d be giving up on Gallimore and Hill.

He’s not starting at RE.

I’d hate it if it’s before 75.

Keep in mind that this staff didn’t draft Hill and have no allegiance to him. And Hill is a bust to this point, having done nothing in two years.

Gaede

Reaction score
Nice write up here with athletic comps with Aaron Donald.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/sy...hool-dt-who-tested-like-aaron-donald.amp.html

Honestly, this is what this is all about. There is no Aaron Donald in this draft, and we're chasing one.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Nice write up here with athletic comps with Aaron Donald.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/sy...hool-dt-who-tested-like-aaron-donald.amp.html
his spider web chart on mockdraftable is impressive.
i can see why they like him.
there's some clay to work with.