Mini Camp notes

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what you have seen from Ball that would have him beat a guy that has started a fair amount of NFL games.
I think he got hammered last year for a few bad plays. Then it became a dog pile.

He's big, strong and moves well. What I dont know is how smart he is, how hard of a worker he is, how good of a team mate he is.

This is basically his second year. It looks like the team has moved on from him as a primary back up/future starter at T. But he is getting first team reps now at G. And in a worst case scenario, he could give you snaps at T.

I really don't know much about Edoga. I havent seen him play. From what Ive read, hes an adequate backup. So to me, its a toss up.

Havic

Reaction score
Dak with another tight window throw due to poor route tree concepts, ahh nvm lmao.

Shane612

Reaction score
Meh ...
OTAs and mini camps....who cares?
Can't think football when it's about to hit 100+degrees in a few days.....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’m curious now about who they had playing right tackle. I would have expected it to be the projected swing tackle Waletsko.
In case you didn't get an official answer to this, dallascowboys.com had this:

But with Steele not cleared to take reps just yet, it was former fifth-round pick Matt Waletzko getting the work as starting right tackle.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Gilmore will be the best corner on this team this year. Not a knock on Diggs but Gilmore I believe has a very solid season or two in him. He is just more fundamentally sound than Diggs and craftier at this point.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I think he got hammered last year for a few bad plays. Then it became a dog pile.

He's big, strong and moves well. What I dont know is how smart he is, how hard of a worker he is, how good of a team mate he is.

This is basically his second year. It looks like the team has moved on from him as a primary back up/future starter at T. But he is getting first team reps now at G. And in a worst case scenario, he could give you snaps at T.

I really don't know much about Edoga. I havent seen him play. From what Ive read, hes an adequate backup. So to me, its a toss up.
Wouldn't surprise me if some rookie like Bass comes on like Steele did and beats them both out.

gimmesix

Reaction score

Vizcaino has be liking that he's getting all the kicks to prove himself. At this point, it's sink or swim for him. If the Cowboys are looking at the USFL kickers, it isn't really a bad move to just have Vizcaino on the roster right now. They are getting to watch those other kickers in live games without having to split reps.

quickccc

Reaction score

I would not be surprised if Cowboys invest in Matt Waletzko at RT , in lue of replacing Steele at RT.

We seem geared to have several big, long term deals to the likes of Lamb, Diggs, Tyler B. and Pollard ... Steele may end up getting short end of the stick,