Minnesota game will be telling about Cowboys

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Known throughout the NFL, if you come out swinging against the Boys, you are usually assured victory. Whether you are a good, mediocre, or bad team. Minny, will be swinging bombs. The Boys need to show a "toe to toe" mentality. In my opinion, currently, this team and the Browns are similar, in expectations. They talk, have talent, are expected to be better, but has shown little.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I guess it is expected that the Cowboys will/should beat the lowly Giants. *Cough* just like the Jets *Cough*.
If/when that happens, the game against the Vikings will be telling for this team.
We have shown that we can beat mediocre teams but have struggled against playoff caliber teams.
Losing to Minnesota will only highlight this shortcoming.
It will also be a signal to Jerry that Garrett needs to be replaced at seasons end because he just isn't cutting it, so that's a positive.

good post.

the Vikes are tough.

they have an excellent coach who I think is a defensive genius.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Known throughout the NFL, if you come out swinging against the Boys, you are usually assured victory. Whether you are a good, mediocre, or bad team. Minny, will be swinging bombs. The Boys need to show a "toe to toe" mentality. In my opinion, currently, this team and the Browns are similar, in expectations. They talk, have talent, are expected to be better, but has shown little.

who is the better D coach?

Marinelli or Zimmer.

that’s easy.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The Vikings play the Mohomesless Chiefs Sunday so there is a good chance they will be 7-2 coming into Dallas.
They are a pretty balanced team offensively and they have an above average Defense.
If the Cowboys do beat them, yes they will be discredited for beating a Kirk Cousins led team, but they have been playing well as of late.

Vikes have an excellent coach.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is completely made up to fit your narrative.

actually hes not , go back and look at 80% of the posts leading up to the eagle game said by our own fans the eagles would crush us with better coaching and more effort and pride type bs..we would not be able to run on them and Dak wouldn't be able to handle it.. all were false and our D showed up..pre game it was over before it started post game, wasn't an impressive win.. funny how that works for the hate troll group

go read it.but after the game oh the eagles were trash..

Fans her here are historically hot and cold week to week and change the narratives all the time.. odd mostly lean to the nagtive..

its a horrible environment for a realistic but hopeful ACTUSA:L Fan wanting them to succeed.. sure we can also see the flaws and issues but the ranting and venting and overall hateful negative environment is out of control..

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
What happens if we lose to the Lions? DoEs GaRrEtT gEt FiReD? DURRRR
Dont think Jerry going to fire Garett during the season, but if the Cowboys team doesnt get on track ( hoping they already got on track with eagles game , so continue on track ) and get into playoff and makes some noise ( shall i dare to say couple of playoff wins) , Jerry will have to do something , no more Linehan excuse. So as All cowboys Fans I'm in Dilemma, should we wish for a good record this season to get Garett back or lose enough games so that this coaching staff go?

romothesavior

Reaction score
actually hes not , go back and look at 80% of the posts leading up to the eagle game said by our own fans the eagles would crush us with better coaching and more effort and pride type bs...
I expected the Eagles to trounce us, and not because I thought they were a top tier team . I think that sentiment was shared by many.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Well, the Eagles were a very solid team... until we gave them a good beatdown. After the game they suddenly become a trash team.

If we beat the Vikings comfortably, then they will also suddenly be a "pretender" according to some on this board.

So, it is much better to see it on a week to week basis. Let's first beat the Giants.
I'm not all that high on Minnesota for sure. They are definitely a team we should beat as should have Philadelphia. The problem is when injuries happen the team needs to adjust to new personnel. When we play the Jets there was a lot of change that led to multiple problems from wide receiver to pass protection. If we were a healthy team we would have beaten them, or a team that's been playing without our starters for a while.

The same goes for Philly. When we played them again they had a guy at left O tackle that made his first NFL start and we exploited it. They had a couple new linebackers that we exploited. The secondary still had a few guys out.

Injuries make a huge difference. We are more healthy now, and I expect us to beat Minnesota, and walk through the Giants whom I think are better than the Jets.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What more do we need to be told about the Cowboys at this point? They are the most inconsistent team in the league. They can beat anyone when they play up to their potential but as we all saw a few weeks ago, they can lose to anyone because they don't take care of the ball and shoot themselves in the foot with penalties. Just because the Cowboys beat the Vikings doesn't mean they have fixed their inconsistent ways, it just means they had one good game. I don't buy the premise of the OP. Don't bet on the Cowboys, folks. I love them but they just can't be counted on to win the games they should.

exciter

Reaction score
no idea what will happen but playing at home is huge. This team at home with a lead can play with anyone. Playing from behind they are not very good and never seem to complete comebacks outside of a few games vs philly in the Dak era.

Playing from behind vs minnesota is a recipe for disaster. Controlling the clock and playing with a lead and the crowd helping the defense is the way for this team to win.
Didn't he have some fairly impressive comebacks against Pitt and Baltimore his rookie season and what about that rediculous pic call in the Jets game! Hard to have a comeback playing the refs also!

Hadenough

Reaction score
I guess it is expected that the Cowboys will/should beat the lowly Giants. *Cough* just like the Jets *Cough*.
If/when that happens, the game against the Vikings will be telling for this team.
We have shown that we can beat mediocre teams but have struggled against playoff caliber teams.
Losing to Minnesota will only highlight this shortcoming.
It will also be a signal to Jerry that Garrett needs to be replaced at seasons end because he just isn't cutting it, so that's a positive.
That will be a very interesting game. Cowboy fans have stated for a while now that Dak is better than Cousins so we will see. The Cowboy do have the better online. Both teams have good running games and defenses. Its games like these that will decide Daks value.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stupid thread but I'm replying to it for some reason anyways.

Lions are a better team than their record says. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost it. No, Garrett will not be fired, but it will only add to the resume and list of reasons as to why he will be fired at the end of the season. People will come on this forum and complain and want Garrett fired (I probably will too).

/end thread.
Makes me want to create a cut and paste response each time. Been said for years now - even when he got COY.
Just gives us some emotional relief to say it.
Maybe, 'pigs will fly,' is more likely.

cowboyec

Reaction score
not impressed with minnesota.
I like our chances on both sides of the ball.