Minnesota Trade to Obtain 23rd Overall Pick

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
No way it's not for a QB. And now you have announced to the other teams what you intend to do - depending on #3 and back, they could trade with any of those teams as the first 2-3 QBs come off the board.
If they dont want the Bears QB, they will have to draft one, and at #11, maybe the one they have identified has no shot of being there.
Unlike our front office, they have a plan and they are actively going about making sure they can get there.
We, on the other hand - Are All In !!!
God I love this team, and hate the Joneses !

Sandyf

Reaction score
We could start a rumor that Minnesota us trading both their #1sts to Dallas for Dak and Dallas is going to ride with Lance while taking 2 OL and a DL in 1st.

That should get a 1000 crazy posts. LOL.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The Vikings wanting to obtain another 1st round pick now to trade up further later doesn't explain why the Texans would do this now.
I think Houston got a solid deal, maybe a slight over pay depending on how you value future picks.

Closest comp I could find was 2020 where the Chargers dealt their second and third round picks (#37 and #71) for the Patriots #23 pick

The second round pick is a little less valuable, but I think a 2025 second is way more valuable than #71.

Depends on how much you value future picks, but it may have been a situation where Houston didn't think waiting would net a better deal

Proof

Reaction score
may have been interested in him, but
I could be wrong but I think we were in play for a TE. They drafted Schultz in 2018, but I think they wanted Goedert.
they were on the phone with connor williams when goedert was picked

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Just in front of Dallas:

I'm suspicious. What does this mean for the Cowboys? Is there a player we want that they want too?

Reminds me of when Philly jumped us and snagged Dallas Goeddard. :thumbdown:

I think they're going to try to package the picks and move up for a QB

Flamma

Reaction score
I could see Minnesota trading 11 and 23 to Chargers for #5 and then trade Justin Jefferson to Arizona for #4 and #35 and 3rd in 2025.

Helps Arizona who have plenty of money to sign Jefferson to long term deal and then depending what happens in first 3 picks. Minnesota gets top WR like Harrison, Rome or Nabers and either Drake Maye or J.J. McCarthy at QB.

Both Maye and McCarthy are same style QB as Cousins but for moe mobile. Plus the have Addison at WR. Arizona has another #1 at 27.

Win, win for both teams.
I don't see that as a win for Arizona. Arizona could just draft Harrison and keep their 2nd and 3rd round pick. And not have to pay him 30 million a year. I can see Arizona giving picks for Jefferson if they weren't in position to draft the best WR.