News: Misdemeanor warrant issued for Sam Williams for accident

CooterBrown

Reaction score
So tell me what I got wrong about him thinking Williams will go to jail, this is what he said...

He will not go to jail, he will not be booked, he will not have to post bail, not for a traffic ticket. Reckless driving is a misdemeanor driving offense.
When a warrant is issued, unless the judge changes his mind and recalls the warrant, he must go to jail. Police cannot over-ride a judge’s order to take to jail. And that is what a warrant is.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Look at the punishment range
That's potential punishment, it can only happen after the matter is ajudicated and they only just now issued the ticket.
When a warrant is issued, unless the judge changes his mind and recalls the warrant, he must go to jail. Police cannot over-ride a judge’s order to take to jail. And that is what a warrant is.
That's for an outstanding warrant, all he has to do is make himself available to receive the ticket, and yes, it IS most certainly a traffic ticket, it is listed under the transportation codes.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
You need to read what you wrote again because that is a possible punishment, not what will happen before then. They will not arrest him, they will not book him, he will not have to post bond, that person is NOT a prosecutor if they think that's what will happen.
I am going to address this one last time. I did not ever say he “SHOULD” go to jail. That is not my decision. That is up to the prosecutor and judge in Plano. In Texas there are only three offenses you cannot be taken to jail for: speeding, open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle, and texting while driving. In Lago Vista, Texas a woman named Atwater was taken to jail for not wearing a seatbelt. That case wound up at the US Supreme Court. The Supreme Court said that under Texas law, she was legally arrested. (Atwater vs City of Lago Vista, et.al if you want to look it up. )
And with that said, I will leave you to your blissful life.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
LOL, the dude literally got in a car accident that it appears he was driving fast/recklessly. Blaming the cops.............. LOL.
Goes back to what I’ve always said, there are folks in our fanbase that are so deranged that if a Cowboys player smacked their own mom they’d say “well, what'd she do to deserve it?”

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
As an aside, was really impressed with Williams productivity in the relatively limited number of snaps he played.

Hopefully, he takes the next step.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I am going to address this one last time. I did not ever say he “SHOULD” go to jail. That is not my decision. That is up to the prosecutor and judge in Plano. In Texas there are only three offenses you cannot be taken to jail for: speeding, open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle, and texting while driving. In Lago Vista, Texas a woman named Atwater was taken to jail for not wearing a seatbelt. That case wound up at the US Supreme Court. The Supreme Court said that under Texas law, she was legally arrested. (Atwater vs City of Lago Vista, et.al if you want to look it up. )
And with that said, I will leave you to your blissful life.
You made my point for me. Normally, this isnt an issue that calls for a warrant. But since its the Cowboys..someone somewhere along the line made this into a warrant as an apparent intentional distraction.

Cowboys0988

Reaction score
What! Hes got a moving violation ticket coming? I hope he can salvage his career after this monumental set back. Hey.. If it dont kill you it will only make ya stronger.. It may take a few years to get over this but i think eventually he has a great chance to continue his career in the NFL.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He can turn himself in and do a walk-through the booking department... likely not even seeing a jail cell.

Sydla

Reaction score
You made my point for me. Normally, this isnt an issue that calls for a warrant. But since its the Cowboys..someone somewhere along the line made this into a warrant as an apparent intentional distraction.
This is how these things are handled by law given the situation. Trying to make this out to be a Cowboys only thing is just bizarre. There's nothing unique about this. There isn't some Eagles or Giants fan prosecutor that said, "whew boy, I am gonna stick it to the Cowboys here!". LOL.

At the end of the day, there was a way to avoid all of this. Don't take your $100K Corvette out on a major, busy roadway and think you are at Daytona.

Sydla

Reaction score
Goes back to what I’ve always said, there are folks in our fanbase that are so deranged that if a Cowboys player smacked their own mom they’d say “well, what'd she do to deserve it?”
You have others blaming the court or prosecutor of being anti-Cowboys. This fanbase is awesome.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
You have others blaming the court or prosecutor of being anti-Cowboys. This fanbase is awesome.
I'm waiting for the post where one of them says gravity is unfairly targeting Dak's passes more than those of non-Cowboy QB's.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL. OK.

He caused a traffic accident. But sure, the cops are just out to keep the man down.
While I agree he's partly at fault, I think I read that the other person pulled out in front of him, neglecting to yield the right of way.